First Grow

• Thread starter Cannabizz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dreamgreen

dreamgreen

7/7/7, never heard of that but i like it. I usually hang-dry branches of trimmed buds for at least a week, more if humidity is high (like here in MA recently), until the smallest branches snap instead of fold. Then cut off buds and put em in mason jars, half full, and open the jars twice a day for 10 or 15 minutes. One week in jars does wonders for the grassy/hay-like smell. Another week of opening them just once a day for ten minutes, then leave jars sealed after that. From there it only gets better with age in my opinion.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

It dried up really quick. I hung it up for a few days. Thanks for the help. Do you use those humidity packets to keep the RH stable in the jars?
I've never used the packs so no idea but seriously, properly drying makes a huge difference. Once you try it you'll always do it. Same with curing. I usually try a small bud after drying and then one after a week in the jar. Big difference. After about 3-4 weeks it stays pretty constant. I found an eight in a jar a couple months ago from a year and a half ago still very good.

dreamgreen

dreamgreen

I do have a bunch of the boveda 62 packs, going to try using them in the jars after like week 3 of curing this time for shits n giggs. Customers really seem to like the fact that i include one in the bag too.

Cannabizz

Cannabizz

I do have a bunch of the boveda 62 packs, going to try using them in the jars after like week 3 of curing this time for shits n giggs. Customers really seem to like the fact that i include one in the bag too.

That's a good idea bro. Got to make the customer feel happy when making a purchase. The extra packet is good faith on your behalf to ensure that the flowers stay perfect for them and gives them a sense of security knowing the packet was included for their benefit.

I am looking at the trichomes, it looks like they are getting close to the THC peak because most are cloudy. I know a lot of guys wait until they start to turn amber so I think I am just going to give plain water until harvest. Would you think in the next week or two I should cut them down? I have a clone that just started flowering and two need seedlings so I need a veg chamber again, lol.

Cannabizz

Cannabizz

I think I had a mixed batch of seeds cause those are two different strains, lol. I love the purple tones of one and the super lime green of the other. Cheers and thanks to everyone who was here to help with questions and stuff.

IMG 3327
IMG 3321
IMG 3318
IMG 3317
IMG 3316
Top Bottom