First Grow.

• Thread starter GoldNBoy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
smokedareefer

smokedareefer

I was under the impression that the iso was supposed to be cleaner than bho. I want the same as I had before, with everclear. It really worked well.
my guess is that iso is cleaner than butane but theres still a bunch of shit that may be in the iso from the long list of possible ingredients.
ive only used everclear run through a megahome oil still so the cost of the everclear for me works out to about maybe $1 per gram of finished product.

Last edited:
GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

To avoid ingesting all that crap, I bought a "nectar collector". Figure to just make iso and dab it... 2 gallons iso & 1 pound buds. Phone rang while I was filtering. Came back and the filter funnel had fallen over... 1/2 gallon on the floor & the rest is contaminated in the pyrex, with the heat on. I guess, I'll see what I get. Next time, just turn the phone off, or ignore it. :(

GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

Wasted a pound. F#CK! And it went from 70* at 2pm, to 5* at 6am, outside. Horses have piles of high quality alfalfa, and some corn for extra calories. Cold enough I couldn't make my fingers roll. So, woke n boke with a glass piece.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Wasted a pound. F#CK! And it went from 70* at 2pm, to 5* at 6am, outside. Horses have piles of high quality alfalfa, and some corn for extra calories. Cold enough I couldn't make my fingers roll. So, woke n boke with a glass piece.
You need a magical butter machine, how did you mess it up?

GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

I do little things to be cheap, and it always seems to backfire. Example. The water here isn't good to drink, (according to my Dr.). So, we buy lots of bottled water. Even coffee makers can't handle it. So, house rule is to put all abandoned partial bottles next to the coffee maker.
This morning I made coffee just before 5. Apparently, Nestle makes a zero calorie lemon flavored water, called "Splash". The label is plainly marked with a lemon. Guess I didn't catch that part. Blah!

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I do little things to be cheap, and it always seems to backfire. Example. The water here isn't good to drink, (according to my Dr.). So, we buy lots of bottled water. Even coffee makers can't handle it. So, house rule is to put all abandoned partial bottles next to the coffee maker.
This morning I made coffee just before 5. Apparently, Nestle makes a zero calorie lemon flavored water, called "Splash". The label is plainly marked with a lemon. Guess I didn't catch that part. Blah!
A ro filter would save you alot of work carrying jugs of water.

GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

A ro filter would save you alot of work carrying jugs of water.
Tried filters, but they didn't last & I still got kidney stones. Dr. Said not even with a filter. If you leave a sink full, the next morning it has a clear slime across the top. If you boil down 2 quarts, you get a tablespoon of solids. It's bad.

GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

Some of the clones I took just refuse to die. A few friends have really tried to kill them, too! The one I took back was 2 months old and hadn't grown at all, but it was still green. I repotted & fed her. I've had her under 12 hours of fluorescent lights, each night, and on a window sill all day. For the first week, the only noticeable difference was the GG4 distinct aroma. This week I have new leaves and it has doubled in size.
A friend came by with a proposition. He's having custody issues, and doesn't want to keep his indoor going. Bonus is he has done well with the cuts I gave him. They need repotted, but he already flipped them. He'll provide the dirt, nutes, pots, plants (7 GG4 clones & 8 seeds), and the lights, (600 w hps, t5 and 2 Walmart 17w fluorescent grow lights.)
I provide the space, power and labor. The space will be my garage, the back 10x12 will be tented. I'll build a double walled plastic wall, to cover the overhead door. Most days I'll be able to place them in the sun, with the t5. On cloudy days, I'll use all of the lights. They'll go into 30 gallon pots, on rollers. I'll need a thermometer for my 6" exhaust fan.
Guess I'm gonna be busy.

GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

Dad: Wow. Did you guys run over a skunk?
Me: No. It's just me. (Giggle, almost not high enough for this.)
How did you get sprayed, and no one else?
Well, it's just my cigarette pack. ( I show him my pack, on top is 3/4 of a joint.)
How did it get just your smokes?
Not, all. Just this one. (Pull 3/4 joint out, & show him.)
That one looks different. How did it get just one cigarette?
Dad, it's pot. Marijuana. :facepalm: (My son is laughing hard, by now.)
Oh, okay. (Still confused, & starting to get mad,) but, why does it smell like a skunk?
Because it's good pot. :happy:
Why would you want pot that smells like a skunk?
Because, the stinkier it is, the better it works.
Well, I wouldn't put anything that nasty anywhere near my face. (Then proceeds to smoke a whole pack of the cheapest mini cigars sold, over the next 4 hours.) :bored:

GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

I have collected enough"trash" to build several of the pop can solar heaters. Last summer's hailstorms prompted replacing storm windows for some households. I picked up 8 aluminum frame storm windows, a sliding glass door and a bundle of blow in insulation. Also found a '98 Compaq presario, with a 2" & a 3" CPU fan inside. The city used plywood to cover a busted main, months ago. They said I could have it. I also scrapped a small plug in fan, for the rocker switch & aluminum fan blades. But, I had only found 2 walkway lights, and their batteries & battery packs were too corroded to use.
My issue in the past, was mismatched voltages, on my fans & battery packs. CPU fan is a 12volt & .15 amp, and the battery pack is a 1.5volt & ?amp. Without wiring a timer, a delay switch or a thermostat, the battery packs go dead. Then when they begin to charge, all of the energy is spent trying to start the fan. This causes the unit to overheat, and melt the CPU fan.
To solve this issue, in a cost efficient manner, has been a real head scratcher. Cows ate a solar pack one other time. Same result.
I also scrapped a kid's bubble maker and remote control helicopter, for the 1.5 volt motors & battery packs. A friend offered to loan me a harbor freight 12 volt solar panel. I may have to unsolder a resistor from the Compaq, but it should be connected to the plugs I pulled the fans from.
So, the plan is to build several units. The sliding door will be mounted on my south wall, and plumbed into the crawl space. It will have the borrowed panel & two 12 volt fans. Two units, one mounted on my garage, and the other plumbed under my horse's water trough. Each with a 1.5 volt fan, walkway light solar panels & packs. (I am just going to buy new lights, and extra rechargeable AA batteries.) Two more will be single pane, fanless units, that hang in a south facing window.
I got a smaller, less complicated camera for Christmas. So, I'll try to document the build. Only complication: the wife says I have to finish the privacy fence first. She's always right. CBI and the sheriff's dept swooped in on the neighbor last night. The thought of his six kids, with 50% less supervision... F#CK!

Top Bottom