First growing tent aka newbie here

• Thread starter Jorj
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jorj

Jorj

Hello,

I'm new here and in the whole thing as well, so I'm planning to ask you for some opinions. I'm having a Mammoth Lite 90x90x160cm tent, an 400W HPS light, Vents VK 125 as exhaust fan and a carbon filter. Temperatures are between 26-29C, had a couple of times spikes to 30C and humidity between 55-65%. Temperature around the tent are 26-27C and the little girls were put on 27 sept.

My main concern is regarding the ventilation system and I'm planning to get a Air cooled reflector as well, so I'll attach some pictures and hope to get some overwall opinions, maybe some help to remake the ventinatilon system with the reflector when will arrive.

Another question that I have is about fertilizers. I didn't use any till now, but will arrive with the reflector and plan to give them. What are the consequences? I'm feeling that something won't work. Thank you!

PS: Sorry for the bad photos. If aren't clear, I can try and make others.

First growing tent aka newbie here
First growing tent aka newbie here 2
First growing tent aka newbie here 3
First growing tent aka newbie here 4
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

thanks for your feedback, I appreciate it. You have any advice on how to get temps down? A/C unit is missing, outside temps are 22-24C...

Exhaust needs to turn over the air in the tent 3x per minute. This will suck in the sides a lot. That is normal negative pressure. But maxed out.

A 400w in a cool tube may stay within a few degrees of ambient room temp.

Also good circulation fans blowing across the canopy and up towards the light to help blow heat away from the tops.

After a lot of trial and error with that a/c is really the only option. Quality bud under the hps will need to be flowered under 77 degrees in my opinion. Hotter kills some thc and a lot of terpenes.

Oops quoted farenheight. Max should be about 25 celcius or a little above.

Jorj

Jorj

Yes, well I got negative pressure, maybe a little too much. But the temps are still at 26-27, constantly.

Your oppinion about nutrients? It's a large difference between a plant growed without nutrients and one with?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yes, well I got negative pressure, maybe a little too much. But the temps are still at 26-27, constantly.

Your oppinion about nutrients? It's a large difference between a plant growed without nutrients and one with?

Not sure what you mean? Plants need nutrients and even when the soil is supplemented like ocean forest it will run out a couple weeks into flower latest and then you need fertilizer.

Jorj

Jorj

I didn't gave to my girls any nutrients. The soil has it by default. But you answered to my question, it seems that at some point I'll remain without it and have to use nutrients. Thanks for your help sir!

Jorj

Jorj

Again, got some issues with my ventilation.

Since two days, my temps are going up, 30C constantly and I didn't changed anything in my ventilation. Before this, my temps were 26-27 constantly. Measured the exhausted air trough the fan with some DIY cardbox and now it seems that it doesn't work well, it blows a small amount of air. Changed the ducting, took the pre-filter off but the things run the same.

Even the negative pressure is lower now. Any recomandations or ideas, please? What would go wrong, from another day to the next one?

Thanks a lot!

Bass.man

Bass.man

Again, got some issues with my ventilation.

Since two days, my temps are going up, 30C constantly and I didn't changed anything in my ventilation. Before this, my temps were 26-27 constantly. Measured the exhausted air trough the fan with some DIY cardbox and now it seems that it doesn't work well, it blows a small amount of air. Changed the ducting, took the pre-filter off but the things run the same.

Even the negative pressure is lower now. Any recomandations or ideas, please? What would go wrong, from another day to the next one?

Thanks a lot!
Double check and make sure your fan is blowing out not in,I had that issue. And yes you need nutrients for your plants to grow. I use fox farms;big bloom,tiger bloom and grow big. Also sounds like you need a small air conditioner.

Jorj

Jorj

The fan is blowing out, the carbon filter sucks air. I've ordered Advanced Nutrients set pHperfect, but they didn't arrive for now. I know that i need a AC unit, but it's not an option, as I can't afford it.

But it worked almost fine till two days ago. Why the sudden change? Any compromise solution to get the temps down?

Bass.man

Bass.man

The fan is blowing out, the carbon filter sucks air. I've ordered Advanced Nutrients set pHperfect, but they didn't arrive for now. I know that i need a AC unit, but it's not an option, as I can't afford it.

But it worked almost fine till two days ago. Why the sudden change? Any compromise solution to get the temps down?
Open the tent up and run a fan into it to help lower the temperature. That may be too hot of a light for such a small tent.

Jorj

Jorj

The VK has 355m3/h, but I don't remember the specs for the carbon filter to be honest. 300m3/h, I think? or bigger? A picture will help?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

You might have a leak, light a joint start at the filter and use the smoke going all the way down that filtration system and see if/where it's leaking

it sounds like it was working but now it's not so that would be where I would start, good luck

Jorj

Jorj

@Beachwalker , yes, that's the point, it worked. I've changed the ducting, took down the pre-filter but without luck. I'll try the smoke scheme. If it;s not leaking, what could be the issue?

@Bass.man, your advice worked for now. opened the top of the tent, moved the fan to blow heat and now are 27-28C

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

@Beachwalker , yes, that's the point, it worked. I've changed the ducting, took down the pre-filter but without luck. I'll try the smoke scheme. If it;s not leaking, what could be the issue?

@Bass.man, your advice worked for now. opened the top of the tent, moved the fan to blow heat and now are 27-28C
I don't know, if the fan is working properly without the filter and ducting attached then the only thing I can think of is a leak, I've had a couple myself that's how I found them, I check my system like that every now and then as maintenance. I'm assuming you have a lower vent open for passive intake right?

Also if you run it too long without the pre-filter on all the dirt and grit in the air will get stuck to the carbon and it will greatly reduce the ability of the carbon to work

Jorj

Jorj

Yes, the fan is working properly without the attachments and the bottom vent is open. I'll remake the joints again after trying the smoke scheme

Jorj

Jorj

It will work without the prefilter 1-2 days, till the air cooled hood will arrive and I'll remake the whole system. Not a big issue, right?

Bass.man

Bass.man

It will work without the prefilter 1-2 days, till the air cooled hood will arrive and I'll remake the whole system. Not a big issue, right?
Yes,the filter is just to remove the odors.

Top Bottom