First MPB Room

• Thread starter JPLord01
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mrdizzle

hey bud, glad your joining the team, only thing that worries me is a 7ft wide room, you may only be looking at a 3 plant room
xo
ox
xo you can squeeze some 600wers in the corners to bring it up to 5200k

or another idea, which will allow you more plants, run the 4in pvc around the back of the tubs againt the wall, and push the tubs as close to the wall as possible, that way you can walk down the middle of the room
_____
lx o xl
lx o xl
lx o xl
lx o xl really 3000w would be more than enough

all you have to do here is put the cages on, and train the plants for veg, and the first 3 weeks of flower and you can have 1.5lb plants I am sure of it. you will have two walls of bud. with your rooms width this might be your best option

JPLord01

JPLord01

Hi Dizz I just poured 20 gl of water to find the level for my 1in drain tubes to the 4in drain pipe. The water is at a 1/2 in in the bottom of the net pot so for 20gls for 4 plants
I need 80 gl rez? Is the 1/2 of water in the net pot enough water in the net pot?

JPLord01

JPLord01

Dizz Thank you so much for your input and everyone that is on board with my build. Thank you so much people. Dizz I do think the 3 light setup will work. If I can get 1.5
I would be very happy. would it be 3light 4plant 3light 6plant 7ft x 10ft long? On the 10ft wall this is where the rez and all the other things will be on the outside of the room.

G

GBOOST

I think your mistaking how a window AC works, they do exchange air from the front to the rear, at least all the ones I have seen do, I could be wrong?

As for your water level, the goal isn't 20 gal in every tote, what you do is run the water 1" above the level of the bottom of the net pot, 2" will be soaking your rockwool cubes too much imo. The main res also doesn't need to hold the full water volume of ths system, thats what the check valve is for so if you ever have a pump failure you don't end up with a flood. Even if it did hold the full water volume, when that 80 gal is in the totes, your res would be empty, you'd need another 80 gal to fill it, so double the system capacity. DD recommends a minimum res size of 50 gal for 5 mpb's.

Ozzie

JPLord01

JPLord01

Thank you Ozzie I have a 50 gl now with 4 mpb's. What do you think about what Dizz
sead about 3 lights and more plants on the wall put the plant as close to the wall as I can. So do you think 6 mpb's 3 on both walls?

M

mrdizzle

I think you could line the wall, have the buckets touch almost and fit in 8 total plants, 4 on each wall, and possibly a 9th on the wall at the end of the room, now that the oil and died off, I can think more clearly

I think off the the 8plants and 3000w, you could get 6-8lbs. I really think its your best option because you wont have enough room for 4 buckets,there is a thread on ICmag of a 4bucket system that have overgrown a 11ftx11ft room. its doesnt require a ton of training either, the plants grow towards the light and you can train them through your cages so you would have two walls of weed with 3000w dont the middle .

M

mrdizzle

Hi Dizz I just poured 20 gl of water to find the level for my 1in drain tubes to the 4in drain pipe. The water is at a 1/2 in in the bottom of the net pot so for 20gls for 4 plants
I need 80 gl rez? Is the 1/2 of water in the net pot enough water in the net pot?

I think its enough bro, I have my netpots in about 1/2 of water then cover until not water is seen when I press on the lids to dip them a little as if a plant was weighing them down

an 80gal res is plenty, you will need to fill it twice almost on res changes, as long as you have a check valve its all good

the 3plant
xo
ox
xo could yeild 1.5 per plant, if you put 2 600ws on the ends it would help you achieve that if not more, you will be crawling around so be sure to run the 4in PVC agains the outside of teh room so it doesnt interfer with you getting to your plants,

JPLord01

JPLord01

It just fits 4 in a row I have like 31in to the center what pumps for 8 plants and what rez size?

M

mrdizzle

I would be two 1200gph pumps for each side of the room, or you can do 1800gph, probably better to go with the 1800gph.

many size res can work, 70-100 would be bes, . the thing is you will
fill the res
pump it into the tubs until it has you res almost dry
then turn the pump off
refill your res
pump it again until the water start to re-enter the res via the pvc
then usually you will have to add another 30gals to get the res full and all the tubs full.

the check valve is the only way you can pull that off, if the pumps die the water wont drain and overflow your res

31in centers are close, but since you will be training them you can train them to stay close to the cage, if they grow into each other no biggie, there is gonna be alot of bud in that room

here are two pics of plants I trained, the first is the back side the second is a side shot of a plant

M

mrdizzle

also I know lost uses the collars for the net pots, which I think work great. I like them because they kinda of protect your roots from swimming into the drains, but I just did a run without the collar and I thought it was my nicest run yet, I only had them go for the drain the first week or so. you should be checking the roots every couple days anyway so maybe that will help you remember. It is nice because you can see all the roots coming out of the pots, also you get to run less water per tub so a slightly fast exchange flow rate in the buckets, which means the water gets back to the chiller faster. the less water and the more times exchanged, the higher levels of DO. I dont have a DO meter but logically that makes the most sense

M

mrdizzle

veg your plants like this and dont rotate them, they will grow towards the light and shape the plant towards 1/2 making it perfect shape when you drop it in the tubs and veg for 2 weeks

JPLord01

JPLord01

So do I need a check valve for each tub? Or one for the main line coming in. Where can I get the check valves at? Then I will make a bypas with a gate valve.

M

mrdizzle

I wanted to fix a miss quote, I meant to say one 1200-1800gph pump per side of the room, not two for each side

you do not need a check vavle for each tub, the checkvalve is for your main pumps, to prevent water splitting back into the res during a power out

you will need peacock valves on each bottom feedline feeding the tubs, these are to slow down the flowrate in some tubs so that that all have the same flowrate. it also comes in handle in a number of different ways

H

Headach

coming along nicely!

mrdizzle what is your medium in that picture?

M

mrdizzle

that looks sick dude haha but you put the pipe in the worse possible spot, it will be a complete nightmare stepping over all of those , if you run the pipe along the wall and turn the tubs around the center area is clean and simple, you can walk in as you please.
you can use 1in elbows connected to the over flow by a small piece of 1in tube so you can have the tubs very close to the pipe and the wall, otherwise you cant make the 1in tubing bend straight down like that, you have to use an elbow then more 1in until if goes into the PVC

I know that probably took you some time to put together but I promise you, at week 6 will will want to kill yourself everytime you have to go into the room. seriously words of wisedom bro

the first pic is my room that I run the pipe along the wall, I never have to step over anything, its a dream in there

the second pic is my room where the pipes run down the center, I throw my back out everytime i have to go in there,

M

mrdizzle

but other than that the room looks sick dude, I think you are going to be very happy with the way this turns out

M

mrdizzle

he runs the pipe along the wall so its not in your way, and he uses elbows so he is able to keep the pvc close to the buckets, you can sub 1inc tubing but you get the idea

for this system you will need to be in there training the plants, and with that drain in the middle and all those drainlines you wont be able to move in there, by week 6 I have to crawl on the floor, you wont be able to because of those drains

sorry If i just beat a dead horse but if you can I highly suggest changing it

JPLord01

JPLord01

Good point I will turn them to the wall and replumb. then repost with some more photos

Top Bottom