First official grow

• Thread starter stl_rock_guy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
stl_rock_guy

stl_rock_guy

Pictures of today. The big one is taking over my tent. I've been pushing the branches down on it several times a day to make it grow flat. It seems to be working very well.
20200828 174747
20200828 174804
20200828 174815
20200828 174821

stl_rock_guy

stl_rock_guy

If you are just starting out with growing, going with 50 percent nutrients thru the first grow or 2 is a great way to get started.
I was thinking that would be smart. They both are doing very well. One better than the other. I'm also uusing dyna gro ph down and pro tekt

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Tbh man they look great. Not sure why you would mess with that too much.

stl_rock_guy

stl_rock_guy

Tbh man they look great. Not sure why you would mess with that too much.
I haven't messed with anything other than raising my light. The bigone was getting really close. They are around 5 weeks from sprout right now.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I haven't messed with anything other than raising my light. The bigone was getting really close. They are around 5 weeks from sprout right now.
I just meant wrt more nutes. If you are going to push, do it during the stretch (first 20ish days of flower usually).

stl_rock_guy

stl_rock_guy

Updated photos. I decided to remove a few large fan leaves to open them up a little. Really can't see a difference
20200830 074817
20200830 074829
20200830 074842
20200830 074850
20200830 074857

Anthem

Anthem

Milson what is an exhale bag? New to me....I live under a rock...
It is the bad hanging from the wall. It is designed to omit CO2 to enrich the grow environment with CO2. Not totally sure how well they work. Never tried and curious.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Thank you. It's not much but it gives them a little extra co2
I think it will be more than enough for a boost. It's hard to measure in my tent because my tent is in an apartment and my birds live in there, but my CO2 is consistently reading at 1050 +-100 at soil, which I will take. It seems like the Exhale bag is contributing ~300 to that number based on my trials with and without, but because the intake has an inconsistent reading in the room (I have checked), it's either a completely shitty device or the CO2 fluctuates based on the presence of people, animals, etc.

By the eye test, my plants seem to like it. So whatever, it was not very expensive and I am not going to do a more expensive solution because it's a tent and I am pulling air out of it constantly, so I am not expecting much. I will evaluate again as I think about whether to buy another after this grow. It's definitely doing SOMETHING though: the organic matter is getting eaten away and it is all white on the top.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
It is the bad hanging from the wall. It is designed to omit CO2 to enrich the grow environment with CO2. Not totally sure how well they work. Never tried and curious.
@sshz is running them in his setup. I think neither of us have been able to get a good handle on how well they are working....but also things seem to be going okay with them soooooooo?

stl_rock_guy

stl_rock_guy

The room my tent is in stays around 600. At my soil in the tent is around 1000. All I know is that the more co2 available helps plants grow better. At least from the research I've done. It's been a lot of research

Anthem

Anthem

I think it will be more than enough for a boost. It's hard to measure in my tent because my tent is in an apartment and my birds live in there, but my CO2 is consistently reading at 1050 +-100 at soil, which I will take. It seems like the Exhale bag is contributing ~300 to that number based on my trials with and without, but because the intake has an inconsistent reading in the room (I have checked), it's either a completely shitty device or the CO2 fluctuates based on the presence of people, animals, etc.

By the eye test, my plants seem to like it. So whatever, it was not very expensive and I am not going to do a more expensive solution because it's a tent and I am pulling air out of it constantly, so I am not expecting much. I will evaluate again as I think about whether to buy another after this grow. It's definitely doing SOMETHING though: the organic matter is getting eaten away and it is all white on the top.
I should get one of those when I am down and just throw it in and monitor the CO2 levels with a controller and see if what it actually produces. I am having a hard time with the whole idea because I run CO2 from a bottle and the diving size tank holds 20 pounds of CO2 and will last me about 12 days in flower. I just wonder how that bag could exhale that much CO2. I run at 1500 PPM also.

Top Bottom