First official grow

• Thread starter stl_rock_guy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I should get one of those when I am down and just throw it in and monitor the CO2 levels with a controller and see if what it actually produces. I am having a hard time with the whole idea because I run CO2 from a bottle and the diving size tank holds 20 pounds of CO2 and will last me about 12 days in flower. I just wonder how that bag could exhale that much CO2. I run at 1500 PPM also.
Well, part of it is the thing is activated by moisture and it takes a while to get going as all the microorganisms that live in there wake up. I think there might be some relationship between moisture and activity in a mature bag because I do not think it's consistent. Maybe I will test this when I water tomorrow......

But yeah, if you just put a bag in a tent and monitor, you will get nothing. If you have it activated and measure with a solid RH in there? I think you will find something but I have not 100% proven it yet.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
The room my tent is in stays around 600. At my soil in the tent is around 1000. All I know is that the more co2 available helps plants grow better. At least from the research I've done. It's been a lot of research
There you go. That is way better than I have done.

Anthem

Anthem

Well, part of it is the thing is activated by moisture and it takes a while to get going as all the microorganisms that live in there wake up. I think there might be some relationship between moisture and activity in a mature bag because I do not think it's consistent. Maybe I will test this when I water tomorrow......

But yeah, if you just put a bag in a tent and monitor, you will get nothing. If you have it activated and measure with a solid RH in there? I think you will find something but I have not 100% proven it yet.
Like I mentioned it is hard for me to understand that something that weights what maybe 2 pounds is going to put off like 250 pounds of CO2. It just sounds too good to be true.

sambapati

sambapati

@sshz is running them in his setup. I think neither of us have been able to get a good handle on how well they are working....but also things seem to be going okay with them soooooooo?
With no control group hard (impossible) to measure actual efficacy. Can only test one variable at a time in any scientific experiment (my Dad often said this) and have to have a side-by-side control. If only the plants could talk -- then we would know for sure.

stl_rock_guy

stl_rock_guy

Updated pics
20200904 182416
20200904 182436
20200904 182516
20200904 182523

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
that is a good question. I was thinking around the 21st. That will put them 8 weeks from sprout. What are your thoughts?
So long as you have space, sounds reasonable. They are likely to double in size the subsequent three weeks during the stretch.

stl_rock_guy

stl_rock_guy

So long as you have space, sounds reasonable. They are likely to double in size the subsequent three weeks during the stretch.
I've been able to keep them down to about a foot and a half tall. I'm thinking it should be good. I plan to keep an eye on them and judge it by height

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I've been able to keep them down to about a foot and a half tall. I'm thinking it should be good. I plan to keep an eye on them and judge it by height
I mean, they will bush out too. That would be more my concern. But I guess you can move them aside. If their leaves are touching, you are just begging for mold etc problems.

If you veg those girls eight weeks and then have a successful stretch, they will be massive. Selfishly, I want to see it. I'm just pointing out considerations.

stl_rock_guy

stl_rock_guy

I mean, they will bush out too. That would be more my concern. But I guess you can move them aside. If their leaves are touching, you are just begging for mold etc problems.

If you veg those girls eight weeks and then have a successful stretch, they will be massive. Selfishly, I want to see it. I'm just pointing out considerations.
I've been thinking about trimming them up some due to the leaves being so tightly packed. The larger one is really thick

sambapati

sambapati

Nice haircut....and don't forget 36 hours of total darkness for these bushes to optimize the transition to flower.

stl_rock_guy

stl_rock_guy

Nice haircut....and don't forget 36 hours of total darkness for these bushes to optimize the transition to flower.
I was planning on reducing the light cycle by 2 hours over a weeks period. So I don't stress the plants. I have read mixed reviews about doing 36 hours of darkness. I'm fairly new soon I'm always open to suggestions.

blit98

blit98

Looks like you are off to a good start!
The coco loco pack is hilarious.

sambapati

sambapati

I still want to know how that thing works and what it does...

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I was planning on reducing the light cycle by 2 hours over a weeks period. So I don't stress the plants. I have read mixed reviews about doing 36 hours of darkness. I'm fairly new soon I'm always open to suggestions.
+1
I’m in the 24-36hr of darkness club. Just keep a close eye on your temps and humidity if you do decide to do that when you flip.

sambapati

sambapati

+1
I’m in the 24-36hr of darkness club. Just keep a close eye on your temps and humidity if you do decide to do that when you flip.
I'm headed into the last two days of darkness in the next two weeks sometime. Tomorrow is the first clear water rinse. I will take it slowly and let 'em drip. I read a whole crazy thread about refrigerators but I think the 60 degrees with 60 ish humidity for 2 weeks is easier to pull off.

Madmax

Madmax

Is there any studies, papers or side by side comparisons i can view on this darkness benefits..

Top Bottom