First Room Set-up..

• Thread starter truvalca
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Strictly organic here. Already heard of the BIG NUG Chems. Researched em. Decided I like my cancer free life. And want the same for my fam and soon to be patients. Good lookin out RM!

Since you mentioned organic.
I'd like to tag in @Ecompost to your thread. He is very knowledgeable about plants and microbes and has used science and research to develop his own nutrient line called better organics.

I found out about him and that line after I already bought into earth juice.

But once I run out I'm buying his full line up.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

MirrorZen if I may ask respectfully. How long have you been invested. Just trying to get my bearings set here.
I've got 4 successful crops under my belt, 5th almost done. I don't count my failed, 2 failed. I learned more but it wasn't a success. Before that I have been a farm hand, lots of my family are growers. Started Learning from a uncle in '09 and have had my foot in it somehow ever since. I'm in a partnered grow (not my house, but guess who does all the growing) in the middle of a build at my place in a fairly spacious garage, but not settling for less than a great room. Anyways that us my experience

truvalca

truvalca

MirrorZen. If you don't mind, can I hit u up with ?s. I am not afraid to say I don't know shit. Literally I don't know shit. Just what I learned from the last 2 years of reasearch. I put this room together by the seat of my pants. Said fuck it.. I'm going to do it.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

I am by no authority an expert in anyway. All I can do is show you what I am capable of doing, and will Give you the best of my knowledge. There are many more skilled farmers on here, you just ask away and people here will help you out. This is a great place for that.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
I'm not even sure where I am going to get tomatoes from as of now. :speechless:

I personally have spent a good sum of money over this year accumulating seeds from attitude seedbank.

Their freebies and promotions are great. And I've gotten every single one of my packages. Probably around 10 orders ranging from between 30-60 seeds per order.

Great selection, great promotions, great freebies.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
attitude seed bank. Thank you Sir. Researching now.

Many people in here know about attitude. It's based in Spain. They accept Visa Credit cards. And do stealth shipping if you pay for it.

I paid for stealth every order except this one I'm waiting on now. We will see if it makes it lol. Tracking # just became active today. It's about to go across the water.

straincreation

straincreation

Like @The Terps said I think this is the nicest first grow room setup haha, guess the Internet and, availability of today makes it a bit easier, goes to show what research and hard work gets ya, your room is solid @truvalca looks like you got some bountiful harvests to come especially with the farm by your side Gl on your future endeavors . keep us posted!

Ecompost

Ecompost

MirrorZen. If you don't mind, can I hit u up with ?s. I am not afraid to say I don't know shit. Literally I don't know shit. Just what I learned from the last 2 years of reasearch. I put this room together by the seat of my pants. Said fuck it.. I'm going to do it.
good on you buddy, ask any questions at all, never feel judged, this is not a contest. Despite the cups and accolades in the industry, you know there are always needy types where ever we go.... That aside, people here wont knowingly withhold data from you in my experience, and any one that does should be viewed with suspicion. Anyone that criticizes your methods and set up is again not worth your energy. plenty of people will help you without related baggage. The reality is that everyone wants better meds, food and a better life, there is nothing wrong with this, it is an honorable thing, that people are open to admit there limitations, and be ready to challenge themselves.

peace Eco

Ecompost

Ecompost

Has anyone had issues with Halides flickering on a digi ballast?
how bad is it? remember unless you run a square wave ballast, you will get some flicker, and even a sq wave will likely flicker, but may be faster than an eye or lens can detect without adjustment, it will be more solid than a sine wave of course

Ecompost

Ecompost

Words of wisdom rmoltis. Thats what I have been trying to live by. I figure If I set it up right from the jump.. If problems arise it would be easier to do some reverse forensics. And trust me. I was ready to pus some damn plants in here when the room was just a frame. IM LEARNING!!!..LOL
once I designed a network for a brand new school, it was put together using best practice and latest modeling and tech. What happened after that was the human beings moved in, students and teachers, within a short space of time, it became apparent that some of the fundamental decisions, such as locations of cable runs and data cabs, room positions and so on was interfering with the flow of people. What seems a good idea was a bust in reality. What we imagined as a use, was superseded and not considered. Never the less, it was not a waste of time for me, it was in fact the most enlightening process in which i had ever been involved. Often what we imagine needs to be practiced before we can say its right and proper. But if we start with a decent base, it is a positive step on the journey.

stonestacker

stonestacker

Looks clean and well put together. I'd suggest lowering the fans blowing between the canopy top and hood bottom. Tour just gonna blow hot rising air as well as radiant heat from the hood onto your plants.

Also hard to tell, but if that's carpet, rip it out and lay down either pond liner, heavy duty contractors plastic, or paint the concrete floor with waterproof basement coating. Carpet gets stained, and will be a breeding ground for bugs and such.

I'm going to have to disagree with demontrich,
The fans you have are place nicely next to the a.c. mini split circulating cold air around the room. Floor looks nice, concrete and caulked.
Both good ideas. I like my fans blowing over the top of the canopy and under the lights. Not blowing directly on the plants.

Any recs on a scrubber?. I need to grab one this weekend. Just want to make sure I go proper...
I have both Phresh filter and Can filters. Both nice units the can has more carbon so I will only buy Can from now on. The Can 100 I have is heavy as hell but works great. I thought my Phresh filters were taking a shit. Turned out that my humidity was so high that it was affecting the performance. Lowered the humidity and they work just fine again. Going on three years now.

Look forward to posting pics with leaves soon. I have been waiting for babies from a source that is going through major shit. And unfortunately as of now, this is my only source. Staying fast and holding strong. Thank you farmers for you support..
If your source is having bug or mold problems you are better off starting seeds. You don't want to bring in someone else's problems. Keep it clean.
You are doing a fine job now it's time to prove to the girl you deserve a bigger space.
Patience young Grasshopper.

Top Bottom