First Soil Grow - Alien Grenades

• Thread starter alexB45
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
alexB45

alexB45

Hi this is my 2nd crack at this..... just one tree.....
First shot at it was Kali Kush in DWC... which went fairly well
Here is Alien Grenade F2, started OUTDOORS from seed about 2 weeks ago, then moved inside 4-5 days ago First soil grow   alien grenades

under one 90W LED UFO....
started in organic seed starting mix, surrounded by an organic 0.10-0.05-0.05

no additional fert has been added....

any suggestions/critiques would be greatly appreciated...

First soil grow   alien grenades 2
Tnelz

Tnelz

Change ur light would be my biggest advice. 90 Watt ufo just isn't strong enough to give u what u want. If u want to stick to leds check topledgrowlight. Com. Mars 2. Solid light for cheap. Only saying this because I've seen what the light can do. It's cheap but it does a solid job. Good luck.

alexB45

alexB45

Thanks for the tip... def need more light!
Lately flies got in and have been sitting on the tree while I'm at work, basking under the light... NOT GOOD.
the big leaves are really droopy.... going to add more light, and fertilize tomorrow...
and a pic

alexB45

alexB45

update: poor thing has had a tough life. Every form of stress imaginable. Yield will be very low, but buds still look incredible.... Trying this again now, grenade f2, have two more seedlings going strong at the moment.

IMG 2366
IMG 2364
IMG 2359
IMG 2360
alexB45

alexB45

ALIEN GRENADES f2, soil grow, 2nd attempt
from seed they appeared around Oct 30
Changes in technique this time: adequate light, great soil (MassWhole potting soil), large containers
Through 2 weeks, I have more foliage than I EVER had on alien grenades grow soil #1
(Problems with first soil grow: I was not in a situation where I could set up proper living conditions for the plant, which turned out to be female, and went into flower during a period in late August, Early September when it was outdoors for a period of 2-3 weeks...... Small container, remained in initial small container for 2+ months in a mix of seed starting soil and a low quality soil WITHOUT any fertility and virtually no direct sunlight or other light until 2+ months into its existence. Once transplanted, 2 months into its life and finally given fert, it greened up nicely and started to finally grow. One week after transplant, when riding shotgun to her new home, she was violently ejected when the driver in front of me slammed on the brakes. The grenade was launched competely out of it's pot, foliage was lost (as well as some of the root system I believe) and broke some upper limbs. Reaching a maximum height of eight inches, this poor girl had an awful life and was still nice enough to yield about 3 grams of beautiful smoke.

The second go round they will be cared for and treated like they deserve to be. So far, so good!

IMG 2375
IMG 2380
IMG 2425
IMG 2433
alexB45

alexB45

Total wattage is 450 combination of LED's and couple CFL's. I raised the lights up yesterday. Plants have seen no additional fert yet, they still seem to be enjoying what the organic Mass Whole soil provides. Up until yesterday I had only been watering only after containers were almost completely dry. The most skilled farmer I know- who gifted me the seeds - advised me to water more frequently, raise the lights up, get more heat/add better light.

north knect

north knect

Yup this run sounds 110% better then it first one lmao..wat are u using for secondary lighting aside from UFO? Looking good man :D

alexB45

alexB45

Thanks bud. This is the setup. At the moment its one 120w led, 4 x 60 wt cfls, plus the 90 watt ufo led.

IMG 2375
alexB45

alexB45

Thanks bud. This is the setup. At the moment its one 120w led, 4 x 60 wt cfls, plus the 90 watt ufo led.
If ya don't mind me asking wat did those led cost ya?
It cost me nothing actually. The UFO I found in a closet in the place I rented last winter, left behind by the previous renter, along with a 250W HPS. Unfortunately the HPS blew up and started a closet fire. The kali kush perished in the fire. This pic was taken a couple weeks before the disaster. makes me sad looking at pics of her!

IMG 0293
alexB45

alexB45

If ya don't mind me asking wat did those led cost ya?
Ya it was a huge bummer, but things could have been much worse, the fire was contained and I didn't burn the house down. I learned a valuable lesson about how hot those things get and the importance of proper ventilation and cooling.

I misread that question. The 120w led was purchased from home depot for about $20/25 I wanna say...

alexB45

alexB45

20 hours after my first topping efforts, the kid on the left seems to have taken it in stride, kid on the right looks like still recovering from the shock

IMG 2500
IMG 2501
IMG 2502
IMG 2510
north knect

north knect

Lookin good bro..love the tight nodes goin on..happy farming :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom