First Soil Grow - Alien Grenades

• Thread starter alexB45
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
alexB45

alexB45

1/23 - I pulled the 5 super crusty very bottom fans off. I probably shouldn't have done this...
IMG 3440

IMG 3454
IMG 3457
IMG 3458
alexB45

alexB45

day 61 today....target is 70 days
flushed 2 weeks ago, then 3 days ago given final 0-10-10 shot (liquid koolbloom)
planning on final flush on day 63 or 64

IMG 3482

IMG 3483
Canalchemist

Canalchemist

What a nice detailed journal, I am glad you stayed away from the 600watt, I am so careful with everything I do. You need to worry about heat and combustable material, but you should always consider what the quality of the electrical devices your using are. No exposed wires or terminals, no cheap Chinese extension cords meant for Christmas lights. Loofk like your doing fine though. Just stay vigilant with the fire prevention. IE you should own a fire extinguisher or two.

Stay Vigilant and keep things cool Broski!

alexB45

alexB45

Thanks for checking out the journal. So important to keep things cool.
Need to improve environment in the future, better control of humidity, air flow... so many things
Try to improve every time, but good genetics are key

IMG 3529
alexB45

alexB45

the new plan is to not flush. I have questioned the concept of flushing when growing a plant with such minimal nutrition. This girl hasn't been fed enough in its life time. There was a period of time a few weeks ago, between 40-45 days in of 12/12- where I figured I'd be done by 60 days and therefor I should only water without nutes. In hindsight I think I should have continued using the 4-8-7 for one more week, while continuing to use the koolbloom. Instead I went at least 12 or 14 days at this critical point in its life without any additional nutrition. I had been under fertilizing to begin with (1/4-1/2 strength nutes every 3rd watering). Next run I really need to get on top of my nutrition plan. This entire run was also basically done at low humidity. I've put grenades through some pretty stressful environments but they always seem to pull through some how.

IMG 3628
IMG 3631
IMG 3641
IMG 3644
IMG 3642
Last edited:
alexB45

alexB45

I dodged a HUGE bullet yesterday- the 90w LED bloom boss nearly took out the grow when its harness to ceiling snapped. It wasn't structurally sound, after I made some recent modifications to the grow box. Luckily, the UFO's power cable that comes in through the upper left corner of the ceiling was pulled tight, and taped firmly to the roof. So as the UFO fell, it swung immediately to the left. I found it on the floor, leaning against the pot. No visible damage to plant, but this was an eerily similar event to what happen towards the end of the first grenade grow. I really need to get my shit together....

And then this happened... something on the lights timer got switched off and the lights ended up staying on all night, instead of going off around 8:00PM like they always do. I woke up at 7:30 this morning and they were on- day 65 of flower, grinding through a life of stress, nearing/within peak resin production...

I throw her off her grind with careless stuff that can't be happening!

I think I'm gonna go 23.5 hour darkness to get her back in rhythm tomorrow AM

Canalchemist

Canalchemist

Phew ya that's the thing with my 550 LED it is a boat anchor, and has to be anchored securely. LUCKY WOOOO!....

alexB45

alexB45

I attempted to germinate my final grenade f2 seed about a week ago, along w/ about 10 OG kush bag seeds.
Of course it popped, so I planted it, but I nearly forgot about it and let the soil get too dry...
....a day later I go back to it, and, its virtually toast... so I'm devastated and dissapointed in my efforts.

So I dig it up a little, and see that the tap root looks fine and healthy for about 1 cm, then its just brown and whispy for another cm, and then some roots apparently were set down below the dead looking brown part of the tap root. So I grabbed some scissors and cut above the brown tap. A day later I couldn't believe it was still showing signs of life. I figured the only way this plant is going to make it is if it starts photosynthesizing.... so I removed its helmet to expose the cotyledons.... low and behold, tiny first true leaves were in fact forming... 6 hours after helmet removed, I can see that those first true leaves are in fact growing, and it looks like this final grenade could actually pull through...

although likely stunted for life, I'd rather work with an alive plant than no plant

alexB45

alexB45

on the 71st day from 12/12, I cut down
I've had a tough time maintaining any time of humidity in the room...
trying as best i can not to let harvest dry out too fast...

harvest was small- about 65 grams, after 4 days w/out water, chopped... so maybe 10-14 grams of total product im thinking once dried & cured

had some bad nute deficiencies going on, and I believe high pH was part of the problem

90 days.... seed to harvest. it was fun hopefully the finished product will be as good as it looks in person, although I know it could have been better!

IMG 3789
alexB45

alexB45

can't quite capture a picture that does the grenade flowers justice...
I'm one week into dry/cure, I've sampled, and I am content.
I'd love to run this strain in DWC in a better environment.

New grow has begun. One alien grenade f2, and 2 OG Kush bag seeds.
Thanks for checkin' my journal- its been fun.........

IMG 3898
IMG 3902
Close
alexB45

alexB45

down to my last couple AG buds, so here are a couple of decent final product pics. In hindsight, did a pretty shitty job on the entire grow start to finish, but gained valuable experience. Would love to run alien grenades again. I wasn't too too impressed with my final product, but that's clearly on me. This strain running at max efficiency would be something to behold I'm sure......
IMG 3902

IMG 3986
IMG 4013
Top Bottom