First Soil Grow - Alien Grenades

• Thread starter alexB45
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
alexB45

alexB45

can anyone advise about when to start with some LST? am I letting them go more till they are bushes or should be doing things now, like attaching lower limbs to edge of pots, to encourage horizontal growth? the small plant in the background will be getting topped much earlier in its life than the two bigger ones were, Id like to do everything I can to best prepare it, and the others, for scrog.
Thanks farm.

alexB45

alexB45

young plant topped. two older ones are doing well, solid new growth.
I need better light, soon!

IMG 2550
IMG 2551
IMG 2552
IMG 2549
alexB45

alexB45

Just did something I should have done a long time ago! I didn't have enough soil in each container when I started these plants. The top of the soil was 3-4 inches below the top of the container. So I put scissors to the containers, reducing their height and diameter, allowing more light and air movement to the lower canopy.

IMG 2556
IMG 2557
IMG 2558
alexB45

alexB45

added small fan. need to get scrog up cant let em get any taller. don't have high enough ceiling

IMG 2560
alexB45

alexB45

fertilized plant on the right last night, did not fertilize plant on the left
plant on the right had always been shorter, but now is a good inch taller
interesting... direct result of fert?
...SCROG in place
have a decision to make.... these plants have not been sexed..... when to go 12/12......

IMG 2566
IMG 2573
alexB45

alexB45

thinking about a dimmable 600w hps but not sure if thats a great idea, considering the 35" ceiling height

IMG 2565
IMG 2568
north knect

north knect

thinking about a dimmable 600w hps but not sure if thats a great idea, considering the 35" ceiling height
I don't think a 600 watt hps would b a good idea considering ur whole box is only 35" high..almost need the light to b that height from your canapy top..perhaps a 150 or 250 watt tops would be my suggestion..looking great so far tho man

alexB45

alexB45

Thanks for the thoughts. I'm leaning towards <600w.... I learned what type of heat a 250 hps puts out last winter when I started the fire...I think the 600w would really be pushing it, unless I can manufacture a higher ceiling....

Over the last few days I've been getting into some Low and High stress training to prep for a better Scrog. The dude that gave me these grenade f2 seeds grows gigantic trees with thick thick tree trunks on them; his yields are titanic. I remember looking at pictures of his lower canopies, and just seeing Gigantic Knuckles all over the place.....but I had no idea what they were or why they were there.... Turns out his trees are huge not only because of his undercurrent, great genetics, tons of light/environment, benes/dialed in nutes, but also because he is apparently a MASTER TRAINER.....

So, I've been beating them up a bit lately... kind of a combination between low and high stress training.... we'll see what happens.... for all i know they could both be males, so I might as well get some training practice in and see how they respond.....

IMG 2587
IMG 2592
IMG 2593
IMG 2591
alexB45

alexB45

woops.... snapped a stem, didn't have plant tape, used white duct tape.
lets see how it handles this.... it happened to the one that had been fertilized lately, so I would think that should aid it in its attempt to recover...

IMG 2596
alexB45

alexB45

update on the little one (kind of my back up, if the first two aren't female):
taking a WHILE to bounce back from its very early topping, which I must have done 5 or 6 days ago.... I might hit it with some fert soon

IMG 2598
IMG 2599
north knect

north knect

Yes u defiantly have some killer genes there man..wish I could get my hands on some of those!! Don't kno if duct tape was the best fix but I've seen worse lmao..I'm sure ur plant will pull through no prob.. Hoping ya got some girls there..should be pre sex signs any time now..I just picked up a little led setup myself thx to ur grow log lol..got some old afghani #1 I just started to germ this morning after I ordered the led..got 400watts of Cfls for now to start..it's been like 4 hours since I dropped 3 beans and already one has split and I can c the tap root comin out I'm suprized seeing how they are almost 10years old lol

alexB45

alexB45

That's awesome man, good luck.... 10 years old, and only 4 hours to split?!.... that's pretty amazing. I've maybe tried germinating 20 seeds in my life, never seen one show the tap in <24 appx. I'd like to see what your setup looks like.

As far as the broken/duct taped stem, I'm gonna say there is almost no chance it pulls through, as I broke it almost all the way off, hanging by a thread. I have grafted separated stems to stems before in a plant propagation class, but we made cuts at a slanted angle and I'm nearly certain we dipped in a plant hormone solution to aid the graft. Right now the foliage on that stem is wilting pretty badly, and it looks like I've cost myself some potential future yield, if female, because I was not careful enough.....

alexB45

alexB45

11/26 at 9:00 both plants were topped for a second time. the very lowest branches looked like they weren't going to amount to much, so I removed them. The broken branch with the duct tape, I also removed. The structure of the plant on the right is so ideal, its almost like a pyramid. Lower branches are strong and working their way out to the light. The plant on the left's structure is not as ideal, but training as we go seems to be doing the trick for both of them. The little guy, topped early and a couple of weeks behind from seed, is finally starting to do its thing again.

IMG 2611
IMG 2612
IMG 2613
IMG 2614
IMG 2616
IMG 2619
IMG 2620
IMG 2621
Billyboat

Billyboat

My AG stretches like crazy, so keep that in mind when you decide to flip, you will def need some head room.

alexB45

alexB45

Thanks for the advice. I'm seriously thinking about flipping tonight... I'll likely be moving into a new place soon, so I really need to know if I'm working with males or females here! Don't have the time/space to root and flower clones to determine sex. A future stretch confirms that ill almost certainly have to build a new roof over them, to add maybe a foot of height or so....

alexB45

alexB45

Well it looks like 12/12 was meant to start on this day regardless... 30 mins after switch flip, we lose power anyways because of snow storm... Weeeeird. Posting this from iPhone because I'm in the DARK right now. Hopefully this will get resolved soon!

Top Bottom