First Time Grow Diary In The Uk

• Thread starter kbellfoy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Yeah,I'm shitting bricks,never had any bugs.always done dwc.had one thing after another.switching to soil.new soil cuts n seedlings look great still.i should pull the others n count my losses,but don't like to.gonna get something today for em.sticking em all in soil.fuck hydro.gonna try n separate them I'm clear.loving the soil though.mixed some coirand perlite in to loosen it up.getting some ewc today.make em a drop of tea.u do love a cuppa.

Oh yes lol iv got a tea brewing atm...Iv never done hydro. I considered it but then I found I can't afford a chiller for my res water.
I had a weird experience this grow. Early on I washed a single caterpillar put of my seedlings. Had no more since. I shat myself too lol.
I grow in soil mainly as iv found it a smoother smoke. I have asthma so it counts a lot.
only thing about soil is things take longer to turn around if there's a prob and flushing is just hard work in soil.
How far along along ate the ones u wanna chuck? Bloody website went down earlier. Did u lose service to

H

happy b

Phew dunno man.sounds like the larvea of something,but what?
were are u in the world?
have you googled common root pests in your area

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

The one on the leaf earwig like and off white sounds like a thrip but they leave distinctive marks? But the wigglers in the roots maybe something else? I wonder if it's 2 different bugs. I hope it's not! Can u get a pic?

H

happy b

A pic might help.i would google the most common root pests that come in grub form in your area.its the best chance of identifying what you have.
iv actually heard of eariwigs doin damage before.

H

happy b

I'm in good ole Wolverhampton ar kid.hehe.
Just google
common soil pests of the
Yellow ones,sorry,I dive in half way through k.i missed ya say u got hooking down also.Are they folding down the centre as well a bit?like a taco.ive been getting similar to this.trying everything.less N was my first bet.found a solitary bug on leaf,sprayed em down.5 days later find one more.sprayed again.now some roots come away in my hand.looked under scope and I'm sure there's a tiny worm,grub thing on there.tiny.going to get something to plunge roots into and stronger spray.cant afford to lose no more.hope its nothing serious with yours.hopefully it is just cut out some N maybe?
I just realised you says something on thel leaf aswell as the roots.kbellfoy i think it was says thrips.that would be my first guess.

wokkabear

wokkabear

just a rough guess but it could be vine weevils they are black bugs that lay there root eating larvee in the soil if your finding your plants dont look revived after watering google it there commonly found in plants growing in containers mainly

keiksweat

keiksweat

Just google
common soil pests of the

I just realised you says something on thel leaf aswell as the roots.kbellfoy i think it was says thrips.that would be my first guess.
Yep mate,that's my first bet.cant understand why I cant see loads of em.ive only seen 2 .and the tiny worm grub on the dead root.surely id be overrun by now lad?

keiksweat

keiksweat

just a rough guess but it could be vine weevils they are black bugs that lay there root eating larvee in the soil if your finding your plants dont look revived after watering google it there commonly found in plants growing in containers mainly
No black bugs mate,off white colour,and see through white worm

keiksweat

keiksweat

We really need some pics.do u have a scope?
Only shit one son,and phone for camera.the thing is I keep spraying and searching,and I only come across em twice.and the root thing.hey hap,do you use caps bennies?cant get em delivered here for some reason.

H

happy b

Only shit one son,and phone for camera.the thing is I keep spraying and searching,and I only come across em twice.and the root thing.hey hap,do you use caps bennies?cant get em delivered here for some reason.
Too expensive to get sent here bro.tried a while back.u can get em sent but you would need to buy alot or it wouldnt be worth the money.
i was just useing great white but its even pricier.

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

I brought some grow tech,microriz,plus beneficial bacteria £10 big bag.the bloke in the shop was trying to get me to buy great white,tiny pepper shaker £12

Wtf did u buy for that price? I want some. I can't get my AACT to bubble properly. No matter what I put in it.

keiksweat

keiksweat

Wtf did u buy for that price? I want some. I can't get my AACT to bubble properly. No matter what I put in it.
Its the first time id seen these big bags.ive had growth tecnology stuff before though so i know its ok.stillwant some og biowars.cant get em to deliver,couldent even get a bag of worm casts yesterday for me tea,just stuck a handful of eco bison compost soil in a pair of tights cup of the bennies splash of bio plus splash of aquarium zyme+bennies i had lying about and 10ml mollasses,left it bubblin till monday night,water em tueday with it,water isfuckin freezing here,should i stick a heater in it you think,

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Its the first time id seen these big bags.ive had growth tecnology stuff before though so i know its ok.stillwant some og biowars.cant get em to deliver,couldent even get a bag of worm casts yesterday for me tea,just stuck a handful of eco bison compost soil in a pair of tights cup of the bennies splash of bio plus splash of aquarium zyme+bennies i had lying about and 10ml mollasses,left it bubblin till monday night,water em tueday with it,water isfuckin freezing here,should i stick a heater in it you think,

So what the hell am I doing wrong. I have a tub...A air pump and stone...A water heater set at 75. I have tried a few things. Compost and molasses. Compost molasses fulvic acid and myco. Molasses and myco. Molasses myco and compost. Idk I just keep fuckin it up. Iv been on you tube and seen the end results. Mine don't look frothy or bubbly. Just flat. No bad smell. This last one has like chunks of stuff growing in it.
Iv always used a heater. But then I heat my water just for watering lol. I never use cold water. It must be like being in a hot bath and someone chucking cold water on em lol. How's it going with the bugs?

Top Bottom