First Time Grower- Bloom Time

• Thread starter AsheyBear
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AsheyBear

AsheyBear

It was on the bud I discarded, around the base of it. It had slight white hairs on it too after closer inspection. So was bud rot. I could’ve did better, but next time I’ll know the way to treat it on the off chance it happens again. Probably was best to harvest it anyways, atleast from my perspective being a new grower and all. Was just nerve racked hahaha

C

climbit

It was on the bud I discarded, around the base of it. It had slight white hairs on it too after closer inspection. So was bud rot. I could’ve did better, but next time I’ll know the way to treat it on the off chance it happens again. Probably was best to harvest it anyways, atleast from my perspective being a new grower and all. Was just nerve racked hahaha
You did say your humidity was on the higher side during peak flower if i remem correctly. Right ?

AsheyBear

AsheyBear

You totally got it. Was running higher humidity, and higher temp cause I didn’t have a means to cool it aside from keeping the window open.

In the end, I paid for it. The plant was a bush, a hot and humid one hahahaha. I’ll be happy with what I get from this point, cause it feels like it was close to being a lose

Next run, going for cooler temps, accurate humidity. I’ll have better seeds, better starter light. Proper soil mix, better defoliation, scrog properly. Going to crush.

Anyways, can always check out the grow the dude who lives under me started. He’s switching to flower soon, and has a bananas set up. All the bells and whistles hahahaha :) T.JOntario! They are beautiful ladies 🌷🌷

AsheyBear

AsheyBear

Apparently the average flower time is 7-8 weeks for Black Domina, who knows 🤷‍♂️ didn’t see many amber trics when I 4x zoomed with phone. Was milky though all over. Could’ve went a few more days for sure, but fudge.

I guess I’m just trying to talk myself into the decision I already made hahahahahaha

C

climbit

Apparently the average flower time is 7-8 weeks for Black Domina, who knows 🤷‍♂️ didn’t see many amber trics when I 4x zoomed with phone. Was milky though all over. Could’ve went a few more days for sure, but fudge.

I guess I’m just trying to talk myself into the decision I already made hahahahahaha
Lmao. I heard those seed to harvest times are just a sales pitch basically. If not that the breeder has to be using designer everything lights, nutes, carbon dioxide injections, a science textbook or whatever. Bro wtf if that was my first grow I’d take it and run. I might not even Breach a half my first grow but I’m still praying.

AsheyBear

AsheyBear

I completely agree hahahaha. So many variables, would be impossible to get it correct every time hahahaha.

Well I’m happy with it I guess. Just dang, was hoping for no hiccups near the end

C

climbit

I completely agree hahahaha. So many variables, would be impossible to get it correct every time hahahaha.

Well I’m happy with it I guess. Just dang, was hoping for no hiccups near the end
I totally believe it’s possible to do a perfect run. All you were missing was a de-hu and a means of making temps cooler. Easy fix. Come back and let us know the dry weight.

AsheyBear

AsheyBear

Dry day 2.

Def had bud rot on the one branch :/ sad stuff. Anyways. I removed the bud and surrounding buds. Def a lose for sure, but safer that way. Wiped down my tent, and sprayed it with rosemary Thyme water. Sprayed the buds down and shook off excess water lightly. Running lower humidity at 30% to reduce risk. Cleaned everything fairly well and spritzed it with my water oil mix. Running 15-17 degrees, should be decent! Just taking every step I can. Checking buds daily, carefully cleaning between each check and each stem. Hoping I don’t see any more

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
What were the conditions that caused the bud rot? Do you know numbers homie?

AsheyBear

AsheyBear

My heat was high, and humidity was high

28-30 degrees and 55-60 humidity.
I didn’t have an inline fan though or dehumidifier/humidifier. I think it might’ve been genetic partially as well. She had a banana two weeks before I cut it.

Next run I have access to a small air con/humidifier combo. Will buy inline fan. Should help mitigate it.

Ontario also had a massive heat spell mid winter. Went to positive temps after snowfalls, so I was battling nature

All pictures buds have been clear of bud rot so far though. Hoping the spray helped, and the low temps will help maybe. Drying lower humidity to salvage bud

AsheyBear

AsheyBear

Truth be told, it started in cardboard hahahaha

I’m still happy with outcome, and I’ll be prepared next grow!!

I have better seeds, might be growing from clone, better soil, will have proper set up from beginning and the only light I’ll need for all stages!! I’m still pumped and next grow it’ll go full term and you’ll be nominating my sexy grow hahahahaha ;)

Greenadian

Greenadian

Supporter
Just a small 4" exhaust fan and mini oscillating, clip on fan will make a big difference for sure! Moving and exchanging air especially with warm temps. Its all good AsheyBear!!!
Its three winters in a row with weird warm weather, January and February rain, my damn ice rink is a mess again this season!!

AsheyBear

AsheyBear

Things are looking nice! Nothing seems to have popped up today. Running 15-17 degrees and around 40 humidity. Plant seems likes it gettin there. Predicting 7-8 day dry hopefully. After trim, will know true count before cure. Not sure how long I should wait for cure. For grove bags

AsheyBear

AsheyBear

Nothing else has popped up!! 15-18 degrees, top 45 humidity, sometimes dips when my humidifier empties!

Hay smell has started to disappear and when you smell it up close, it’s earthy and somehow smells like cured ham. It’s so weird. Really nice smell though

Top Bottom