First Time Grower- Bloom Time

• Thread starter AsheyBear
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

When you say you sprayed your buds down and shook off excess water u don’t mean you’re hanging drying buds do ya? If rot around ya don’t wanna be spraying anything on em when they drying or I may have misunderstood it happens a lot 😂 congratz on the harvest btw👍

AsheyBear

AsheyBear

Said to spritz the area after harvest. Was looking up prevention techniques for after harvest

Wasn’t alot, but ya, totally did day 1 of myself drying cause it said it’s a prevention technique for spreading bud rot spores. Was same dryness level within 30 mins of me spritzing them down. I gave me a tiny shake after I had, and maybe a drop came off bahahaha. Either way, I figured thyme oil stops spore spread apparently, and the sites I had read offered this as a solution, and a few grower said it worked and helped stop the rest of their harvest from catching it after it was discovered 🤷‍♂️

meh. Bud smells good, looks decent to me, should be okay to smoke. Overall, im pseudo disappointed in the grow. Atleast I can watch my buddy grow his in his crazy set up, and he can learn from my mistakes and hopefully have a good grow.

Still drying well, should take 3 or 4 more days hopefully 🙏
I’ll be happy to smoke it all anyways

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Said to spritz the area after harvest. Was looking up prevention techniques for after harvest

Wasn’t alot, but ya, totally did day 1 of myself drying cause it said it’s a prevention technique for spreading bud rot spores. Was same dryness level within 30 mins of me spritzing them down. I gave me a tiny shake after I had, and maybe a drop came off bahahaha. Either way, I figured thyme oil stops spore spread apparently, and the sites I had read offered this as a solution, and a few grower said it worked and helped stop the rest of their harvest from catching it after it was discovered 🤷‍♂️

meh. Bud smells good, looks decent to me, should be okay to smoke. Overall, im pseudo disappointed in the grow. Atleast I can watch my buddy grow his in his crazy set up, and he can learn from my mistakes and hopefully have a good grow.

Still drying well, should take 3 or 4 more days hopefully 🙏
I’ll be happy to smoke it all anyways
Ya never know might have some wicked thyme tasting buds goes killer with a leg of lamb😂👍

AsheyBear

AsheyBear

Day 8 of drying! Still going at it! Humidity around 40-50, temps 15-18 degrees. Still a couple days to go and it should be dry! No hay smell this morning, and on closer sniff!!!!!!!!!!!

Smells amazing. It was pretty damn close to being amber trics. Had a few here and there, but could’ve used a few more days for sure. The smell though! Very earthy, little hint of Pine now. No more hammy smell hahahaha
Looks good though

StalkerAF

StalkerAF

My heat was high, and humidity was high

28-30 degrees and 55-60 humidity.
I didn’t have an inline fan though or dehumidifier/humidifier. I think it might’ve been genetic partially as well. She had a banana two weeks before I cut it.

Next run I have access to a small air con/humidifier combo. Will buy inline fan. Should help mitigate it.

Ontario also had a massive heat spell mid winter. Went to positive temps after snowfalls, so I was battling nature

All pictures buds have been clear of bud rot so far though. Hoping the spray helped, and the low temps will help maybe. Drying lower humidity to salvage bud
Your temps and humidity seem pretty good. Sounds more like an air flow / ventilation problem. Proper air movement helps with all kinds of potential environment issues. Looks great!

AsheyBear

AsheyBear

Totally was Stalker! Grabbing an inline fan this time around for Bloom atleast

AsheyBear

AsheyBear

A little bit left it feels! Leaves are brittle at the tips and the stems are bendy with a small bit of tension on the inside, but not really quite snappy yet. Thinking tomorrow it might be good

AsheyBear

AsheyBear

So the day came!!

Final weight, minus the buds I had to cut from rot(5-7 grams ish) is…..

111 Grams!!

Bud seems nice, smells a little like hay after the trim, but has a Pine scent to it. Broke down and tried a piece cause I just had to, and am going to rip the finger hash from trim! The smoke is smooth oddly. Like nice and smooth!

Overall, very happy 😊😊

IMG 2185
IMG 2186
IMG 2188
IMG 2189
IMG 2190
IMG 2191
IMG 2195
StalkerAF

StalkerAF

The growing and harvesting part is a skill set and drying and curing is another beast of a skillet set. I’m finding the drying and curing is the more difficult of the two to achieve good taste and less hey smell.

Latest posts

Top Bottom