First Time Grower- Bloom Time

• Thread starter AsheyBear
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AsheyBear

AsheyBear

I think I’m going to chop today. I know the trics aren’t amber amber yet, but they’re milky. I just don’t want to risk mold or anything, so I think I’m chopping it. Flower time should be 55-60 days, I’m on day 58 now, so I figured it should be good!

What do you guys think?

AsheyBear

AsheyBear

I chopped it. Really concerned about mold. Saw a bud that kinda looked like it had mold, but I wasn’t sure. So I just chopped it. Should be fine to me atleast, I don’t even care lol. I just want something to smoke that I grew lol

AsheyBear

AsheyBear

Looks decent to me, didn’t want to risk it cause the mold might come and the single banana happened two weeks ago. So probably just a good idea to cut today and not risk further infection of nanas

AsheyBear

AsheyBear

Sorry for spam!! Just felt like I had to make this decision randomly just cause I was nervous about Mold and additional nanners. I know it won’t have the best terp profile it could have, but the trics were milky to me, it was in between the estimated Bloom time(which I know means nothing, but meh) and it looked good to me.

Should’ve have defoliated slightly more, then there might not have been that possible mold issue. Just looked a little frostier than usual. The rest looks clean and frosty hair free!! Hope it drys well, nothing pops up and I’m able to harvest some bud

B

bloodeye

Sorry for spam!! Just felt like I had to make this decision randomly just cause I was nervous about Mold and additional nanners. I know it won’t have the best terp profile it could have, but the trics were milky to me, it was in between the estimated Bloom time(which I know means nothing, but meh) and it looked good to me.

Should’ve have defoliated slightly more, then there might not have been that possible mold issue. Just looked a little frostier than usual. The rest looks clean and frosty hair free!! Hope it drys well, nothing pops up and I’m able to harvest some bud
Was was the humidity in your tent?

Keen to know how the smoke is as well.
I'm on my first grow and a week or two behind you. I'm itching to get my next grow started, some F1 hybrids from RQS, and pencilled to start germination in a week or so.

AsheyBear

AsheyBear

It was running 55 humidity on average during the day with 28 degree temps. So I figured it would be fine. The plant I have though grows an extensive amount of sugar leaves, so it was just a defoliation problem. I also don’t defoliate as well as I should have. All lessons for grow two!! Will update on dry and cure, fingers crossed she goes well

AsheyBear

AsheyBear

So in the end, cut early incase of mold and additional bananas. Not the best strain, bought from local pot shop that didn’t label anything about it aside from strain and photoperiod.

Felt it was the right choice, but I’m of course regretting it now lol. Could’ve waited a couple extra days for the trics to get amber. Had a few looking amber on my last zoom in. Anyways, fingers crossed everyone! Lots have been learned

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter

What do you mean spam? : )

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
I chopped it. Really concerned about mold. Saw a bud that kinda looked like it had mold, but I wasn’t sure. So I just chopped it. Should be fine to me atleast, I don’t even care lol. I just want something to smoke that I grew lol
That’s a rock and a hard place! I think I would have done a chop also! Looks nice though! Enjoy : )

AsheyBear

AsheyBear

Lower the temp, or close to 18 degrees the better, so I opened a window, once the tent gets to 18, I’ll close it and hope it stays down hahahaha :)

Bilber

Bilber

Ash......

Great job on your 1st!

Next time, as you smoke through this stash quickly, give it time to fill out and mature.....

I love an early plant once in a while.....

I'll usually pull a bud or two from growing plants to get my CLEAR FIX......

I'm also not growing for anyone except my wife and I.........

AsheyBear

AsheyBear

No doubt! I would’ve let her mature more, was just concerned about mold and mildew and nanners. Def will for next grow. I’ll defoliate better and have a better set up! Totally pumped for next grow

Bilber

Bilber

Being that close to harvest, the nanners wouldn't of concerned me, unless there were an abundance of them....

Airflow/circulation........that'll help, not alleviate the mold/mildew issues.....

Looking forward to the next one.........

AsheyBear

AsheyBear

So I decided to cut each stem off and dry them all individually since I fear one of them had bud rot actually. I checked the bud I had taken off and noticed a little brown on it, so I’m not positive what it was. Glad I cut today though. Will update

IMG 2104
IMG 2103
IMG 2106
Top Bottom