First Time Grower Querkle

• Thread starter Dr.Dankz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

lookin good bud, i am wanting to order some querkle seeds myself and am interested in the coloring. i myself am experianced but not a pro so this will be a good thread for me to follow + it is the middle of summer so i will get to see if the color changes will occur in warmer temps by someone who is not a senior level grower. nice looking plants, keep up the good work

Hi Ship,
Thanks for taking time to stop by my grow and checking me out. I am glad to hear you like my girls I am quite proud of how they look for my first grow. These girls have been good to me and tolerated a lot of oopses on my part. The only thing I would mention about my TGA seeds I got lots of boys from seed. 9 of 9 germinated and grew into nice healthy plants. Sadly 6 of them were boys, also they were the biggest and healthiest of the plants, I might should have kept one for breeding but I choose not to because of a limted number of plants.
Do be sure to understand I have pretty tight control on all my environmental conditions. My room is a constant 78-80 degrees durning lights on and a steady 66-68 when lights are off even though it is summer in full swing here. My RH is locked in between 46-52% as well as I keep my CO2 locked in between 1450-1500 when lights are on. I am far from a professional I am as noobish as it comes, but I have around 4-500 hours of research into choosing the right equipment and mediums to help cover for my inexperience. I also consult with a couple of heavily experienced growers who I have watched growing closely for the last year.

I have chosen a pheno for future grows and the clone of her has been isolated as a future mother. She is already turning deep dark purple along all of her leaf veins all the leaf stems and striped heavily down the stalks even her leaves are now starting to take on a purple tint were the veins come into the leaves. ( this is happening 7-10 days earlier than the breeder suggests it will) So I feel if I am able to make it turn purple most growers should be able to also. Thanks for the props

S

ship0nip

dr. dankz:

thanks for the feedback i appreciate it greatly, if your interested in checking out what i got going on please check out my thread

Ive been begging the wife to let me order the querkle seeds & she said two weeks when i get my next paycheck so i am psyched. Am looking for something to pair with my really kick azz blueberry strain. Its one of those where people ride home with the windows down cuz they are scared of being pulled over. lol It is short and wont crowd out its neigbors. I like plants that stay in their space. Also 8 weeks 8 plants makes for a nice perpetual harvest setup. I got some ogk it is good but stretches a bit for me

S

ship0nip

sorry to bother again, just wanted to mention that our enviromental conditions are identical so i am dubbley interested in your thread. thanks allot this will help me greatly. I do grow hydro but i use flora nova nutes which is to my understanding part synth & part organic so that you get the yield of the synth but the smell and taste from the organic. Also i am using 2 led panels with an hps light so that may affect my results compared to yours a little

Dunge

Dunge

I think you and I have the same problem. Plants grow too slowly allowing time to over think. And over act.
When in doubt, do nothing.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't loosing a few big fan leaves to be expected?
And H2O2?
This would only kill some microbes indiscriminately.
Some people say, "feed the soil".
Looks to me like these are on track to finish out as expected.
Nice work.

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

dr. dankz:
Ive been begging the wife to let me order the querkle seeds & she said two weeks when i get my next paycheck so i am psyched. Am looking for something to pair with my really kick azz blueberry strain. Its one of those where people ride home with the windows down cuz they are scared of being pulled over. lol It is short and wont crowd out its neigbors. I like plants that stay in their space. Also 8 weeks 8 plants makes for a nice perpetual harvest setup. I got some ogk it is good but stretches a bit for me

I have never found anyone who was sadder with there TGA seeds then the disapointment I got from a lot of boys but the girls I do have are quite lovely from my point of view. I seemed to have gotten both of the main pheno's out of my 10 pack still and thats what mattered most to me. We will see if the one I think is gonna be super colorful starts turning colors fairly soon. Breeders notes say color change starts around day 35 its day 32 here so we will see soon. I have a close cousin of real blue berry in my on deck stable A friend gave me a baby Flo Cut.

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

I think you and I have the same problem. Plants grow too slowly allowing time to over think. And over act.
When in doubt, do nothing.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't loosing a few big fan leaves to be expected?
And H2O2?
This would only kill some microbes indiscriminately.
Some people say, "feed the soil".
Looks to me like these are on track to finish out as expected.
Nice work.

Thanks Bro. I am guilty of that for sure. I have lots of time to think about what I see and look at it closely. That makes me think to much for sure. I am at that point were things should be just starting to change to the "fall" colors. I think they are still headed down that right path. Common purples.
I do try to keep the soil feed to ensure the proper nutrients are present at the times they are needed not so much the feeding the plant itself. But I try also to see what she is telling me.

S

StrikeitRich

Sounds good. My apollo is amazing too shes only got a week dryin, but still smooth and powerfull. made some nice bubble tonight as well.

U think u got the Z Pheno on ur querkels?

and where did u get ur pack of beans from?

Looking solid.

+Rep for fellow michiganders.

:passingjoint:

Peace
S i R

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

Sounds good. My apollo is amazing too shes only got a week dryin, but still smooth and powerfull. made some nice bubble tonight as well.

U think u got the Z Pheno on ur querkels?

and where did u get ur pack of beans from?

Looking solid.

+Rep for fellow michiganders.

:passingjoint:

Peace
S i R

HI Sir,

Thanks always bro for stopping in. I would love to test that appollo too looks so yummy.

As for my phenos Yes I believe I have both the SQ and the Z pheno in my girls. I am only based on the grow log I have read from Subcool about the phenos he has seen growing Querkle. I have two distinctly different plants. Even the leaf is a bit different on the two as well as the growing and coloring patterns. Also the bud sites stack a bit tighter on the one I think is the Z. My seeds came from http://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/ the Attitude Seed bank.

New Seeds arrived yesterday watch for Jack Herer Beans Poppin in the near future.

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

Got a new Camera and having some trouble adding pictures now. Might be a death sentence for the pictures I love the quality the new camera takes so much better. I had to crop these down to get them to show here

P7080049
P7070036
P7070039
T

T.O.C.

What up Dankz, hope all is well, your gals look a little hungry, looks like your flushin right now.

TOC

S

ship0nip

Hey dude it wont let me pm could you email me at ******* and please delete this post so the whole world doesnt get my email. thanks alot. just wanted to propose a bean trade. thanks p.s. the 0 in ship0nip is a zero

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
Hey dude it wont let me pm could you email me at ******* and please delete this post so the whole world doesnt get my email. thanks alot. just wanted to propose a bean trade. thanks p.s. the 0 in ship0nip is a zero

normally Id deletes these type of idiotic posts - but figured Id leave this one up here since so many people feel the need to ask why certain people get banned

maybe people really should read the rules before they agree to be farmers

we now return you to your regularly scheduled thread

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

What up Dankz, hope all is well, your gals look a little hungry, looks like your flushin right now.

TOC

Hey TOC. Whats shaking dude? I agree with you. Honestly I am not flushing. They are supposedly semi quick strain with a finish time between 49-63 days depending on pheno. I did feed them a bit last night ( last one I think) but I don't think it will change much I just think the girls are putting on there fall coats they seem healthy beside fan leaves which other than color are okay. I am at like day 34 do you think its too soon?

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

normally Id deletes these type of idiotic posts - but figured Id leave this one up here since so many people feel the need to ask why certain people get banned

maybe people really should read the rules before they agree to be farmers

we now return you to your regularly scheduled thread

ROFL thanks Mother You can leave it up I want people to know not to do dumb stuff especially not in my house :pimp:

T

T.O.C.

Hey TOC. Whats shaking dude? I agree with you. Honestly I am not flushing. They are supposedly semi quick strain with a finish time between 49-63 days depending on pheno. I did feed them a bit last night ( last one I think) but I don't think it will change much I just think the girls are putting on there fall coats they seem healthy beside fan leaves which other than color are okay. I am at like day 34 do you think its too soon?
Yo Dankz, depending on how many days you go between water, I think at day 34 you are still good to serve'em up with food. If Im not mistakin you got 3 ladies from seed so they could for sure finish at dif. times. Just watch carefully and try to locate the earlier finisher/ers and kick in a flush. You can always leach the soil too, I have done this even after flushing. Sometimes depending on strain after flushing for a couple weeks or more days however you do it, the plants start to show tons of deficiencies. Although this is point since you are trying to take the nutes out, it bums me to see the gals like that. On a previous run I waited until 10 days out and leached with 3x the amount of water than soil amount(15gals per 5gal bucket), then again at 7 days. At that point all that water has completely flushed your soil and its just more like a sponge holdin roots. My plants threw out the nice flushed colors with less defs. not all but most. This is just something I have tried and liked but as usual you can try things on a plant to c if its your thing before doin the whole garden. This might work for you since you do not know when your gals finish, you can feed until you get a better idea and then leach the soil. You can always flush longer or as you prefer when you find out which lady your gunna keep and figure out her schedule.

Take Care
TOC

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

Yo Dankz, depending on how many days you go between water, I think at day 34 you are still good to serve'em up with food. If Im not mistakin you got 3 ladies from seed so they could for sure finish at dif. times. Just watch carefully and try to locate the earlier finisher/ers and kick in a flush. You can always leach the soil too, I have done this even after flushing. Sometimes depending on strain after flushing for a couple weeks or more days however you do it, the plants start to show tons of deficiencies. Although this is point since you are trying to take the nutes out, it bums me to see the gals like that. On a previous run I waited until 10 days out and leached with 3x the amount of water than soil amount(15gals per 5gal bucket), then again at 7 days. At that point all that water has completely flushed your soil and its just more like a sponge holdin roots. My plants threw out the nice flushed colors with less defs. not all but most. This is just something I have tried and liked but as usual you can try things on a plant to c if its your thing before doin the whole garden. This might work for you since you do not know when your gals finish, you can feed until you get a better idea and then leach the soil. You can always flush longer or as you prefer when you find out which lady your gunna keep and figure out her schedule.

Take Care
TOC

Really Good info brother thank you. I will keep it under consideration I expect to get a few things wrong this round. I hope to do better with the lovely clones I have coming next. I did feed them again today. Pictures coming again soon. I wish they could be scratch and sniff pics because I have two distinct smells one is like Cherry blossoms and pine cones, the other is more like sweet perfume hashish and grape now and laters so yummy. They are being weaned now as the one pheno is definitely trying to finish up. the other should be about 7-10 days behind it lets see if I can wait that long.

S

StrikeitRich

Ha i kinda delt with this same issue. First time running ur strains is a bit dif at times. I'd agree though its a little early for flushing expect them to go 56 days hope for 45 and change ur plan up if need be, but honestly its not going to hurt em to bad. My hydro units have been running with straight Ph'd DI water for almost a month and they are healthy, showing color, but healthy. The second run is the one u always get dialed in it seems.

Bring on the recent pics with the number of days u'v been flowering and ill give u my input.

TOC is correct though about the flushing thing. Hydro and soil are very dif.

On a side note. What a Fucin IDIOT. people are actually that stupid/desperate? Hello people its called the BAY!! Good look Motherload.:ninja

Peace,
S i R

Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

Ok just before lights on for day number 35. Yellowing continues I dont know if I need to be worried or what one would do to address it this at this point in the grow. Buds are really forming nicely however. My hope is this is just part of finishing here as it is now starting to show in the two plants of the longer strain.

P7100054
P7100055
P7100056
P7100060
P7100057
Dr.Dankz

Dr.Dankz

Just a quick thank you to my boy Strike It Rich for the newest lady joining my stable. Part of me wants to flower her now the other part says wait for the next run. Well here she is in the first picture Apollo 13-BX. Second picture is my coming line up Querkle in the black pots and a mix of Querkle and Flo in the red cups.

P7100051
P7100053
Top Bottom