First time grower. What you guys think?

• Thread starter Rolandomota
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KLight03

KLight03

Gonna finish drying here then final trim and jars after that. Yeild was small may get smaller since it's still drying.
Do you know if it's better to store in dark jars with those dessicated square things? I'm just curious because in my head it makes sense, but it may actually not be smart. Newbie questions, for sure.

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

Do you know if it's better to store in dark jars with those dessicated square things? I'm just curious because in my head it makes sense, but it may actually not be smart. Newbie questions, for sure.
This is my first grow so.oreally dont know. But dark jars cant hurt since everything I've read and have been told says to keep in a dark area even while drying I keep my girls in the dark. The light affects the thc. And your a talking about the squares that keep it at 62 rh correct? I have never used so I cant say. But if anyone has I'd be happy to hear about the experience. No worries on asking questions here I've had great help from everyone. Ask away.

KLight03

KLight03

This is my first grow so.oreally dont know. But dark jars cant hurt since everything I've read and have been told says to keep in a dark area even while drying I keep my girls in the dark. The light affects the thc. And your a talking about the squares that keep it at 62 rh correct? I have never used so I cant say. But if anyone has I'd be happy to hear about the experience. No worries on asking questions here I've had great help from everyone. Ask away.
Thank you. You have done a great job, in my opinion. Hope the smoke is just as good.

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

Thank you. You have done a great job, in my opinion. Hope the smoke is just as good.
Yeah I have yet to try it. The wife has she says it's good. Thank you very much. Also in the video of the buds that you liked where their are jars and you also see them in the tubes. They are gonna dry out a lil more in tubes before going into jars. Still not ready for jar.

KLight03

KLight03

Yeah I have yet to try it. The wife has she says it's good. Thank you very much. Also in the video of the buds that you liked where their are jars and you also see them in the tubes. They are gonna dry out a lil more in tubes before going into jars. Still not ready for jar.
Thanks for sharing your journey. I know what to look forward to.

Caninobis

Caninobis

It's super fun. Im ready to start my next grow. What you growing?

I just won 100 F1 seeds of a Sour Diesel X Strawberry Short Cake cross that i'm happy to share if you want a few so you don't have to use bag seeds and run such a high risk of hermies this time around. Plus you did a really good job documenting this grow and i'm curious to see how they'll turn out, lol. But also, Just a heads up Tree Star Seed Bank is doing an awesome sale right now on In House Genetics gear. You can get a 15 pack of reg seeds on select strains for $50 which is a crazy good deal. If you haven't heard of in house genetics check them out they've got some crazy genetics. I'm not affiliated with either of those guys i listed but its a super good deal for that breeders work. I just got some platinum purple hulk seeds myself and 5/5 germinated within 36 hours and planted within 48.

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

I just won 100 F1 seeds of a Sour Diesel X Strawberry Short Cake cross that i'm happy to share if you want a few so you don't have to use bag seeds and run such a high risk of hermies this time around. Plus you did a really good job documenting this grow and i'm curious to see how they'll turn out, lol. But also, Just a heads up Tree Star Seed Bank is doing an awesome sale right now on In House Genetics gear. You can get a 15 pack of reg seeds on select strains for $50 which is a crazy good deal. If you haven't heard of in house genetics check them out they've got some crazy genetics. I'm not affiliated with either of those guys i listed but its a super good deal for that breeders work. I just got some platinum purple hulk seeds myself and 5/5 germinated within 36 hours and planted within 48.
Ha ha ha yeah thanks man I appreciate the offer. Have your grown them yet? I'll look them up to see what they look like. But yeah I would be down. Ha ha ha I took a risk with what I grew. I'm happy gained some knowledge.

Caninobis

Caninobis

Ha ha ha yeah thanks man I appreciate the offer. Have your grown them yet? I'll look them up to see what they look like. But yeah I would be down. Ha ha ha I took a risk with what I grew. I'm happy gained some knowledge.
I did to man. I grew some random seeds a buddy of mine had from a growing mishap and he wasn't sure if they were from the herm run he had or from an accidental pollination he had on another run, well we ended up finding out later on they were from the herm run and low and behold my plant ended up herming out on me in the 3rd week of flower. Luckily i caught it really early on and nothing ever grew back after i cut them out but i had to chop out my entire secondary canopy. I think the breeders name is xfarmers if you want to check those seeds out but i got them for free and i'll never be able to grow 100 seeds so fuck it why not give them away, right? lol

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

I did to man. I grew some random seeds a buddy of mine had from a growing mishap and he wasn't sure if they were from the herm run he had or from an accidental pollination he had on another run, well we ended up finding out later on they were from the herm run and low and behold my plant ended up herming out on me in the 3rd week of flower. Luckily i caught it really early on and nothing ever grew back after i cut them out but i had to chop out my entire secondary canopy. I think the breeders name is xfarmers if you want to check those seeds out but i got them for free and i'll never be able to grow 100 seeds so fuck it why not give them away, right? lol
No yeah I feel you on that. Yeah i wanna say I was maybe a bit later in flower when I found out mine went hermi on me. I'll shot a pm bro.

Eastcoast302

Eastcoast302

I agree, maybe to much calcium or not enough magnesium. Try adding some mag sulfate?

Looking good though brother
Always remember to pump up the calmag during flower, they tear that shit up! Looking nice though brother , just stay on them daily & do good research

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

I learned something last night about growing it's all fun till you get down to trimming lmao. My first few nugs look beautiful magazine quality. The more I trimmed and realized how much I had to still trim the amount of time that had passed well let's just say I nugs became less magazine quality and more fuck it they for me and the old ball and chain they ain't gotta be beautiful lmao. And I still have to finish trimming the rest tonight fun fun fun.

BigCube

BigCube

I learned something last night about growing it's all fun till you get down to trimming lmao. My first few nugs look beautiful magazine quality. The more I trimmed and realized how much I had to still trim the amount of time that had passed well let's just say I nugs became less magazine quality and more fuck it they for me and the old ball and chain they ain't gotta be beautiful lmao. And I still have to finish trimming the rest tonight fun fun fun.

Yup long ago learned that the trim doesnt have to be show quality. When trimming I ask myself, would i some that? The answer is usually yes, so I stop trimming it there. 🤣

I still tight trim about an ounce, just for show when bragging to friends or whatnot 🤣 but most of it is shaggy, and I love it!

20200122 104948

Rolandomota

Rolandomota

Yup long ago learned that the trim doesnt have to be show quality. When trimming I ask myself, would i some that? The answer is usually yes, so I stop trimming it there. 🤣

I still tight trim about an ounce, just for show when bragging to friends or whatnot 🤣 but most of it is shaggy, and I love it!

View attachment 933290
Yeah I agree with you mine pretty close to what you'd look like definitely saves alot of time and my back lmao

Top Bottom