first time hydro grow

• Thread starter newbie12345
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yeah felt maybe I was a bit harsh and it's clear he has knowledge but I couldn't help but feel disrespected as a community

Absolutely. You just said what I'm sure plenty were thinking. New guy shrugging off anyone but newbies IS disrespectful to all the older heads here, and even relative newbies to the site who know their shit.

Humility and respect are traits that seem to be getting more and more uncommon. Especially on the farm. One of reasons I respect you man, you've got both in spades buddy, with a well deserved splash of ego! lol

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Absolutely. You just said what I'm sure plenty were thinking. New guy shrugging off anyone but newbies IS disrespectful to all the older heads here, and even relative newbies to the site who know their shit.

Humility and respect are traits that seem to be getting more and more uncommon. Especially on the farm. One of reasons I respect you man, you've got both in spades buddy, with a well deserved splash of ego! lol
Appreciate that sir, very much likewise on the respect and humility. Lol yeah I try to keep it in check but I'm only human sometimes also. I do try to man up when it gets outa hand.

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Thats okay. I only talk to rookies on here so I can help. Everyone else is wayyyy to cocky to hold a normal conversation with. lol

That is truly a shame, what can we do to help with that?

The Idea on The Farm is that we share our experiences so that everyone is as successful as they want to be. People will be people; take what you can use and leave the rest where you find it. If someone doesn't like what you type, just remember it is only one opinion.

Happy Growing 🍻 🥂

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Yeah 6.5 is too high for hydroponics. You want it at 5.5. Then the slow raise it naturally does when healthy and clean tanks will go to 5.8 by next day or so. You will need to adjust the pH daily and make sure the water doesn't get too warm. 63 degrees is the best temp for the water to keep optimum 02 levels absorbed into the water.

Use squeeze lemon juice from the grocery store to lower the pH and baking soda to raise. You only need tiny amounts of each to go a long way so baby steps is always best with pH control.

I think you will find that you will get a more even uptake of nutes if you set the ph at 5.5 and let it slowly rise day to day until you near 6.5. Different nutes get taken up at different PH levels (see chart below).

Happy Growing! 🥂 🍻

Botanicare 2
AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
no controller reservoir if i remember right before we had a problem with them getting to cold setting on basement floor put foam underneath to raise them up water temp is 63 deg

63 degrees is where i keep both of my 40 gal rez' anything above 70 invites ugliness and pain. If you need to raise the temp, I would suggest a fish tank heater, that can be set to a specific temp so that you don't have to worry. I have the opposite problem, I run dual 1/4 hp chillers. 🍻

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Yeah felt maybe I was a bit harsh and it's clear he has knowledge but I couldn't help but feel disrespected as a community

NO SHIT!! and here I thought it was just me, before my first cup of coffee!!!

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I wouldnt feel too bad Aqua, I felt the same when I read his comment. Sounded like he disregarded anyone who knows anything about growing already as being cocky. That's bound to insult everyone who knows anything lol.

That said I've got to agree with him in some respect that there are a lot of egos here and some people are very inflexible and stuck in their ways, and refuse to accept anything different as legitimate. I saw some irony in his post honestly.... with regards to the cocky new guy calling other people cocky that is.. lol. No offense meant @4TREESCANNABIS, you're clearly an accomplished grower and have likely earned the right to be a bit cocky in the real world. The farm is much more like bizzaro world though where everyone is an expert, even a lot of the rookies.

It's funny tho. Forums and weed growers have always been kind of like that. Look at places like RUI/IC or "off-topic" forums and threads. I have learned so much over the years from fellow heads I've just been in the mode of paying it forward along with still learning new stuff all the time.

I tend to agree with you on the ego front. It's sad to see and why I came back to forums after the social media boom. Sites like this are so laser focused on specific info and exactly what I want to talk about and discuss with a little bit of the joking thrown in. Everything else is for the dumpster or why I like the common theme of "Nobody cares. Take it to Facebook or Twitter."

At the same time when you have been around and have already done something most of the ways someone new will do it wrong when they are starting out it's nice to kind of put your foot down and stand on a point. Think of how much money we all wasted over the years listening to hydro store guys or nute companies or hell even all the bad regurgitated info the just gets echo'd from non real world experience and something they just read and pass on. Honestly I wish people would have been a little more hardcore when I was first soaking everything up like a sponge and had saved me lots of time and money. It's pretty easy to see when people know what they are talking about when stuff sometimes gets a little heated. With that being said pro-tip for the newer growers. When you see the name calling starting to happen without facts or basis of the actual question or debate at hand you will know exactly who to listen to.

N

newbie12345

there not hitting the stalk if you zoom pic you can see flow thank you

Last edited:
Top Bottom