First time making THC Vape juice

• Thread starter 11Ron11
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
josefrahl

josefrahl

I really don't know anything about it, I just googled it when Mosh called me in. I make carts but with a different method.

But just with the infusion rate you tested PG v. VG it definitely looks like I'm losing a lot of THC going with VG infusion.

M

MCNutraceuticals

If anyone is interested, we can do pre-mixed, ready to vape mixtures of pretty much any cannabinoid that is commercially available. We use cannabis derived terpenes and pure distillates/isolates in our formulations.

If you are looking for a thinner vape-juice that you can load into a mod, we can do that too and with something much stronger like THCp, so you can adjust the potency pretty much as high as you want to go and not have to worry about it getting too thick to vape, since you need such a small percentage overall. Fell free to reach out with any questions.

Not sure if I this counts as advertising and is against the rules or not, I just have been in legal cannabis for over a decade and recently started working on the "Hemp Derived" side of things and so much of the stuff I see going on over here just blows my mind. I had no idea that all of this stuff is legally available pretty much everywhere and there seems to be zero enforcement action coming down on any of it. Brave new world I guess.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

If anyone is interested, we can do pre-mixed, ready to vape mixtures of pretty much any cannabinoid that is commercially available. We use cannabis derived terpenes and pure distillates/isolates in our formulations.

If you are looking for a thinner vape-juice that you can load into a mod, we can do that too and with something much stronger like THCp, so you can adjust the potency pretty much as high as you want to go and not have to worry about it getting too thick to vape, since you need such a small percentage overall. Fell free to reach out with any questions.

Not sure if I this counts as advertising and is against the rules or not, I just have been in legal cannabis for over a decade and recently started working on the "Hemp Derived" side of things and so much of the stuff I see going on over here just blows my mind. I had no idea that all of this stuff is legally available pretty much everywhere and there seems to be zero enforcement action coming down on any of it. Brave new world I guess.
Hi there please reach out to @logic to get set up with an account for selling on the farm.

C

cronicoldguy

Iv been smoking a THC vape pen for the last week and really enjoy it.
It's base is 50/50 PG/VG.
Iv ordered 1 liter PG and 1 liter VG food grade liquid.
From the research Iv done I'm going to stick with 50/50 and I'm going to start with a small batch maybe a ounce or 2..
Decarb oxalate for a hour.
Liquid filled just above flower and double boil for 3 hours drain liquid and refill with new 50/50 mix boil another 3 hours and then drain repeat a third time and then discard of weed and filter all liquid through cheese cloth folded multiple times.
Let cool and enjoy!
My pg and vg should be delivered by Wednesday so if I'm headed toward disaster let me know..lol

That seems like a lot of work just to adulterate your fine product.

My goal was to make oil that will work in vape carts without any additives. Keeping the oil as natural as possible. I am not pressing. I am using ethanol. I achieved that with refining my processes.

My suggestion would be to press as you normally do. Take the rosin and put it into ethanol solution. Winterize it, properly filter, and purge. Wala!

I have tried 4 different vape carts now and they all work well. Just make sure your carts have a ceramic coil, not cotton.

Hope that helps.

11Ron11

11Ron11

Update to my vape juice.
I love this stuff and I'm glad I do as I ended up making 2 liters worth...lol
I bought 1 pound of AAAA+ lemon drop shake for 150 from pacific cannabis great value.
I decarbed at 220 for 1 hour.
Filled 50/50 pgvg blend to the top of the weed and let it sit for a week shaking once a day.
I double boiled at a steady 190 degrees for 6 hours.
Filtered twice with cheese cloth and then once with a coffee filter.
Let cool then add to your vape.
I recommend using a vape that you can adjust.
Best high is between 18 to 25 w.
If I would change anything it would be not using the coffee filter it's unnecessary and takes so long to filter.
This will take me a yr to use so I'm going to do another batch but my next one will be the long steep version same as above but no boiling just let it sit and steep for a yr.
20220924 163830

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
I make my carts with a 'wax liquidizer'.
I use 1:1 rosin to liquidizer .
Only really like the grape flavor personally.
Good stuff and less then 10 minutes from start to finish.
My method for carts as well! Quick and highly effective

jj

Moshmen

Moshmen

@Moshmen @steamroller we need to have a pressing summit. I got like a bunch I want to do all at once. It's kinda old at this point, I'd love to hear your thoughts. Maybe one of you can start a howto thread with your temps and times and pre-press or whatever you do? Do you use silicone or wax paper, big frozen metal plate? I know nugsmasher sells one. Just curious how the pros do it.
I’m on vacay and away from my cave , I could put up a thread when I get back home - honestly I don’t know they do that 20/25% return? I’m a low temp and time guy I’m down more around 10/12% return - I get more product out of the washed pucks! Lol

11Ron11

11Ron11

That seems like a lot of work just to adulterate your fine product.

My goal was to make oil that will work in vape carts without any additives. Keeping the oil as natural as possible. I am not pressing. I am using ethanol. I achieved that with refining my processes.

My suggestion would be to press as you normally do. Take the rosin and put it into ethanol solution. Winterize it, properly filter, and purge. Wala!

I have tried 4 different vape carts now and they all work well. Just make sure your carts have a ceramic coil, not cotton.

Hope that helps.
I don't want ethanol as that just seems dangerous to inhale if done wrong.
Pgvg blend is food safe I am aware that pgvg isn't the best method that's why I bought a pound of shake.
I vape cigarettes with pgvg blend so natural choice for me.
All around I have no complaints.

josefrahl

josefrahl

Update to my vape juice.
I love this stuff and I'm glad I do as I ended up making 2 liters worth...lol
I bought 1 pound of AAAA+ lemon drop shake for 150 from pacific cannabis great value.
I decarbed at 220 for 1 hour.
Filled 50/50 pgvg blend to the top of the weed and let it sit for a week shaking once a day.
I double boiled at a steady 190 degrees for 6 hours.
Filtered twice with cheese cloth and then once with a coffee filter.
Let cool then add to your vape.
I recommend using a vape that you can adjust.
Best high is between 18 to 25 w.
If I would change anything it would be not using the coffee filter it's unnecessary and takes so long to filter.
This will take me a yr to use so I'm going to do another batch but my next one will be the long steep version same as above but no boiling just let it sit and steep for a yr.
View attachment 1285513
I bought these to filter mine https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075DCGDWZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Work very well.

C

cronicoldguy

Pgvg blend is food safe I am aware that pgvg isn't the best method that's why I bought a pound of shake.
The only real danger I see using ethanol, is purging/evaporating in a poorly ventilated area. Everclear is food safe. People been drinking it for hundreds of years. I would think inhaling PG/VG is far more harmful than inhaling a little residual ethanol, if any. And there is really no way to do it wrong. In fact, it is much simpler than the procedure you describe. You dont need fancy equipment. Other than a Buchner Funnel, you likely have everything you need already.

After I strip the fats, waxes, and lipids thru winterization and filtering, extract flows in most vape pens with no additives. I have used 4 different vape carts that all work well.

I have only extracted with ethanol. I havent pressed and put rosin into solution to further process. So I cant guarantee this would work with rosin extract. But in my opinion, something certainly worth trying.

I am not trying to convince you this is the way to go, just offering an alternative. I just cant fathom inhaling polypropylene glycol voluntarily, and expect to be healthy. Vaping natural concentrates isnt healthier than smoking bud, it is less harmful. That is if there are no additives.

Just my opinion. To each - their own.

*******Just a side note. You say you vape nicotine as well. I am a heavy ciggy smoker. Wanting to quit, I actually tried vapeing. But just couldnt get the satisfaction I get from an actual cigarette. Not to mention I felt just as congested or more.
I still smoke ciggies, but I now buy whole leaf tobacco by the pound from Connecticut online (Leafonly). For over 5 yrs now. I buy American Virginia and Canadian Virginia and blend them 50:50. This tobacco is cured and cured only. No chemicals added. I smoke as much as ever and dont feel near the congestion as I do smoking tailor made big brands from the store. Furthermore, you wont even want to smoke a tailor made after smoking the whole leaf for about a week. The tailor made ciggies literally taste like shit. You can taste the chemical in the tobacco.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I just bought a gallon of each to do some testing. Before this thread I had never looked into this. Next time I fire up the lab I'll do a test on this and see if 90%+ is real. Honestly I am struggling with how. Looking forward to your results.

11Ron11

11Ron11

The only real danger I see using ethanol, is purging/evaporating in a poorly ventilated area. Everclear is food safe. People been drinking it for hundreds of years. I would think inhaling PG/VG is far more harmful than inhaling a little residual ethanol, if any. And there is really no way to do it wrong. In fact, it is much simpler than the procedure you describe. You dont need fancy equipment. Other than a Buchner Funnel, you likely have everything you need already.

After I strip the fats, waxes, and lipids thru winterization and filtering, extract flows in most vape pens with no additives. I have used 4 different vape carts that all work well.

I have only extracted with ethanol. I havent pressed and put rosin into solution to further process. So I cant guarantee this would work with rosin extract. But in my opinion, something certainly worth trying.

I am not trying to convince you this is the way to go, just offering an alternative. I just cant fathom inhaling polypropylene glycol voluntarily, and expect to be healthy. Vaping natural concentrates isnt healthier than smoking bud, it is less harmful. That is if there are no additives.

Just my opinion. To each - their own.

*******Just a side note. You say you vape nicotine as well. I am a heavy ciggy smoker. Wanting to quit, I actually tried vapeing. But just couldnt get the satisfaction I get from an actual cigarette. Not to mention I felt just as congested or more.
I still smoke ciggies, but I now buy whole leaf tobacco by the pound from Connecticut online (Leafonly). For over 5 yrs now. I buy American Virginia and Canadian Virginia and blend them 50:50. This tobacco is cured and cured only. No chemicals added. I smoke as much as ever and dont feel near the congestion as I do smoking tailor made big brands from the store. Furthermore, you wont even want to smoke a tailor made after smoking the whole leaf for about a week. The tailor made ciggies literally taste like shit. You can taste the chemical in the tobacco.
We can't get everclear in Canada but I think bacardi100 is our equivalent.
Obviously alcohol is food safe but I have read that alcohol could have small traces of non vapable residue that could get stuck on the lining of your throat.
Good example is those kids that died from vaping vitamin e which doesn't vaporize in cheap knock off juices.
I'm sure if done right alcohol is better and equally as safe but to many variables for me.
The pgvg mix I buy is FDA approved and made to vape.
Simply add weed simmer and vape.

Glassdub

Glassdub

Is there a tutorial somewhere? Is a press required? If so I'm out, not in my budget, will stick to tinctures though I would like something with quicker dosing.

C

cronicoldguy

Obviously alcohol is food safe but I have read that alcohol could have small traces of non vapable residue that could get stuck on the lining of your throat.
Good example is those kids that died from vaping vitamin e which doesn't vaporize in cheap knock off juices.
I'm sure if done right alcohol is better and equally as safe but to many variables for me.
You absolutely can get 180 Proof (95%) Everclear in Canada. I can only get 70% in BC but I get 95% from Alberta. I am sure you could order it online. Most liquor stores in Alberta carry 95% Everclear. Not sure about other provinces.

Is there a tutorial somewhere? Is a press required? If so I'm out, not in my budget, will stick to tinctures though I would like something with quicker dosing.
Is there a tutorial for what method?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

How long and at what temp? Edit sorry I missed your first post, see it now.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I just infuse VG in my MagicButter machine then add PG after and mix it up.
Can you give me the rundown on that? Do you think the VG gets all the cannabinoids?

Based on what I was reading about the efficiency it seems like PG for the extraction and VG added at the end would be a more potent result. I've got a MB and a gallon of each and I think this method makes the most sense to try. Any advice would be great.

11Ron11

11Ron11

Can you give me the rundown on that? Do you think the VG gets all the cannabinoids?

Based on what I was reading about the efficiency it seems like PG for the extraction and VG added at the end would be a more potent result. I've got a MB and a gallon of each and I think this method makes the most sense to try. Any advice would be great.
It's the same as nicotine vapes.
Some vapes advertise 70/30 vg/pg
Some vapes advertise 30/70 pg/vg
Both blends advertise the same nicotine strength.
I would not add vg at the end as that would just dilute the vg needs to infuse at the same time.
I've been vaping cigarettes for years and pg is mainly known to absorb flavors better and vg is for clouds.
I think strength comes down to time.
Decarb, Soak for 3 months then double boil at 180 for as long as you can wait.
You need time and heat to infuse.
All my info comes from friends that work at vape shops that have helped me make my own cigarette soaked juices.

josefrahl

josefrahl

Well, I went to find the YT video I saw on it and it's been removed, lol. I believe it was 130 degrees for 8 hours, and an oz of decarbed bud per cup of VG. I don't think it gets a lot of the cannabinoids. Mine isn't very strong that's why I was excited when you said you saw the PG worked better. I know MagicalButter actually has a recipe for infusing VG on their site which has the same temps and 4 or 8 hours for cook time.

josefrahl

josefrahl

It's the same as nicotine vapes.
Some vapes advertise 70/30 vg/pg
Some vapes advertise 30/70 pg/vg
Both blends advertise the same nicotine strength.
I would not add vg at the end as that would just dilute the vg needs to infuse at the same time.
I've been vaping cigarettes for years and pg is mainly known to absorb flavors better and vg is for clouds.
I think strength comes down to time.
Decarb, Soak for 3 months then double boil at 180 for as long as you can wait.
You need time and heat to infuse.
All my info comes from friends that work at vape shops that have helped me make my own cigarette soaked juices.
I use a sub-ohm coil and have found that when mixing my own nicotine juice it works better to have the nicotine in the VG then add PG. I do 75/25. If they both have nicotine my tank will leak. I've tried different brands of tanks with the same results. The vape shop by my house did the same thing with their 'house juice', and would have higher PG for lower nicotine levels. I think this is also because PG is also known for the 'throat hit', and as you lower nicotine levels there is less of a 'feel' in the lungs and throat.

Top Bottom