First Timer *fingerscrossed*

• Thread starter BurnzYzBudZz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Day 67. The night before the chop. I’ve done some extensive research regarding drying and curing and I think I’ll be okay. Slow drying to bring out the best in them. The smell is unreal right now. I open my tent and the neighbors look at me funny. Haha. Anyways, check em out for 67 days. Leafs are slowly dying away but nothing on top has showed any signs of dying off yet. I can’t take these out any longer and the trichs are cloudy with a splash of amber. As requested.
Looks deadly! Nice job Burnzy.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Still flushing. So after careful consideration, another glance at the trichs, the color of my foliage, and the constant voice in my head saying, “if you think it’s done, take it another week,” I’ve decided I’m going to continue flushing through next Tuesday. I notice a lot of buds are still clear, turning cloudy. A few are cloudy with a splash of amber. I think the new grower in me wants to rush one of the most crucial parts. So I’ll continue to flush and monitor the plants. Very few white pistils, but still some being produced. No signs of nanners or hermie. Foliage is slowly fading but still pretty green and full. I’ll get the dry room dialed in before they are chopped and hung to slow dry.
Burnz

4E4CED8E FE7E 4D67 97BB 9C0773B30522
A6C392B4 0973 4197 8AD8 0CC646C2D899
CFE7770A 3BA9 4B85 9A64 041C159936C5
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Chopchop muthafucka. Plants are officially down and drying in my room. Fuck my garage smells
Like some ranchy musky lemon terps. I love it. Sticky as fuck. One thing I need to improve on next grow is lollipoping the bottom 1/3 of plant. There is so much wasted larf. Well I think imma freeze all the larf incase I ever make my own hash or wax. Look at all the wasted larf. Sad sight.

Overall I am very satisfied with my work. I know the next to come will “hopefully” be better than this. Here’s some pics of the last three hours. It’s 1 am here.
49FFA641 7D04 48D9 A514 9C07047A30D9
C30020E1 4B66 4C3D 965E 36EEEA062066

Plant one was down at thus point. Heavy...
44AB427F BDF6 4570 A0A4 586CC519EC4C
D508AD02 3303 40B2 9A2A C383F84F8080
633DF6F3 63A9 4A12 8266 F33E409AD881

I think I’ll be fine drying and curing. Thanks for coming along the journey with me. I appreciate each and every one of your suggestions. Truly shows that you farmers care about this righteous plant we have here. Thanks again. I’ll be back with a smoke report and of coarse the OG KUSH grow. Stand by.
Burnz

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Every time I worry about the babies that are hang drying I quickly rush in the room to check the temps and humidity. I don’t want to fuck this part up. This makes or breaks me. Lol. It determines if i smoke it all or slang for some donations. Haha. Well anywho, I rush in and see this :
B7CB4F83 DD8F 4E75 ACE8 205EB6D03317

Pretty fucking spot on.

I close my eyes and instantly I’m running through a field of peppery lemon zest terps. My room reeks. I love it. My wife says all weed smells the same and it doesn’t smell any different than the other stuff. She just doesn’t appreciate a fucking good terpene profile. Carry on farmers.
4760BEDF 2F41 4EAC BA8E A4A44BD5CE68
46BBDFAD 6B4A 450E B765 9A1F1EC76F23

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Looks deadly burnz!
Your buds, my friend, look stellar. Hey I have a question about curing. When you bag your nugs and put them in the storage box, how often do you burp those boxes and bags and how long do they cure in the bags for?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I try to hit storage moisture content over the course of about 5 weeks or so. 2-3 weeks hanging, then once bagged in the bin I open them up to air out for an hour every few days to feel them. Theyll stay in the bin/bags for a couple weeks before I trim and vacuum seal it all.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I try to hit storage moisture content over the course of about 5 weeks or so. 2-3 weeks hanging, then once bagged in the bin I open them up to air out for an hour every few days to feel them. Theyll stay in the bin/bags for a couple weeks before I trim and vacuum seal it all.
At any point do I strip some
If the larger leaves off? Before I bin em? Or just wait to trim after the final cure. Also, boveda 2 way humidity packs before I vacuum seal?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
At any point do I strip some
If the larger leaves off? Before I bin em? Or just wait to trim after the final cure. Also, boveda 2 way humidity packs before I vacuum seal?

I remove all the big leaves before I hang them. And cant speak to the bovada packs, never used them. But cant see how it would hurt..

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I remove all the big leaves before I hang them. And cant speak to the bovada packs, never used them. But cant see how it would hurt..
I think I’ll go in tonight snip all big leaves off. Probably helps with airflow as well. Thanks bud.

Top Bottom