First Timer *fingerscrossed*

• Thread starter BurnzYzBudZz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
As for your pests now, are you in the US or Canada or?? where u at? If in the US I'd hit them with botanigard MAXX if you have the budget for it. And alternate with a spinosad product such as conserve or even monterrey garden insect spray. That should take care of most anything in the room besides root aphids. But you could use Botanigard as a root drench for those too.
If budget is more limited and you have a problem that is getting out of control you could use merit 75 in veg only, 1/2 tsp per 5 gallons of water as a root drench. The plant will suck it up and anything that eats the plant will be a gonner, with the exception of spider mites. Never use an imid product if you suspect you have spider mites or see signs of them, as it can increase their reproductive rate.
Yes I am in the US. If this trifecta doesn’t do anything, which I feel it is, I will def look into the botaniguard. For the Merit 75, does it matter what stage in veg they are? I appreciate all the feedback. Another question. I’d like to trim all the growth on the bottom 1/3 of plant to allow more airflow. Seems super bushy. Anything wrong with doing that?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yes I am in the US. If this trifecta doesn’t do anything, which I feel it is, I will def look into the botaniguard. For the Merit 75, does it matter what stage in veg they are? I appreciate all the feedback. Another question. I’d like to trim all the growth on the bottom 1/3 of plant to allow more airflow. Seems super bushy. Anything wrong with doing that?

No, I routinely remove the bottom 3rd of my plants. And you can use Merit 75 any time in veg, but personally I wouldnt use it the last week of veg before transitioning to flower.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Guess it’s a good day to update my shit. Waiting for my buddy to come smoke some herb. Plants are growing, however, pretty baffled. Got my pest issue under control with the help of some lady bugs. Cuts some leafs to examine bottom with magnifying glass and I see nothing. No pests, no eggs, nada. I am feeding light twice a week floranova grow 6ml/gal and have been doing that for a couple weeks. My leafs almost look burnt, but light is 30” away. I am going to flip the 28th because I am running outta room. They will stretch so gotta do it soon. All help is appreciated.

38C6F55A 83FB 434B 92A6 BE3FF191D955
9510F538 3883 4BD6 8410 DCB5CACD0AE2
DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Guess it’s a good day to update my shit. Waiting for my buddy to come smoke some herb. Plants are growing, however, pretty baffled. Got my pest issue under control with the help of some lady bugs. Cuts some leafs to examine bottom with magnifying glass and I see nothing. No pests, no eggs, nada. I am feeding light twice a week floranova grow 6ml/gal and have been doing that for a couple weeks. My leafs almost look burnt, but light is 30” away. I am going to flip the 28th because I am running outta room. They will stretch so gotta do it soon. All help is appreciated.
Whats your ph? Temp? Hopefully its 1 of those 2 things be cause the only other bubbly leaf info I can find is russet mites

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

What water do you use? Tap water could have changed to new chlorine like stuff (cant remember name) they are using in some places also

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Well fuck me sideways.. after further investigation, yep... mites.. I got the aphids under control and thought I was on the road to glory, welppppp.. so I have insecticidal soap and trifecta crop control. Which shall I spray. And where the fuck are they coming from.. also, long term prevention? Anything I can hang inside tent, etc. to help along the way? I looked under a 40x microscope and found the issue.. thanks @dreams and dirtbag for the quick response. Thankful it’s my first , such a learning curve.
A66D023E 6F78 45B2 888D 65CF57C5BEB5

As for the water, it’s pH around 7 and it’s filtered water. Temps are steady 63/78 and humidity 45-64%. Honestly, I’m feeding my outdoor with tap water and they are so much more healthy, with no signs of issues.

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Well fuck me sideways.. after further investigation, yep... mites.. I got the aphids under control and thought I was on the road to glory, welppppp.. so I have insecticidal soap and trifecta crop control. Which shall I spray. And where the fuck are they coming from.. also, long term prevention? Anything I can hang inside tent, etc. to help along the way? I looked under a 40x microscope and found the issue.. thanks @dreams and dirtbag for the quick response. Thankful it’s my first , such a learning curve.
View attachment 964301
As for the water, it’s pH around 7 and it’s filtered water. Temps are steady 63/78 and humidity 45-64%. Honestly, I’m feeding my outdoor with tap water and they are so much more healthy, with no signs of issues.
I'd start with insecticidal soap now. Heard good things about alternating methods to avoid tolerance with soaps, DE, sulphur. Even heard hot shot strips work well, think that was @Trustfall who suggested hot shots in another thread

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I'd start with insecticidal soap now. Heard good things about alternating methods to avoid tolerance with soaps, DE, sulphur. Even heard hot shot strips work well, think that was @Trustfall who suggested hot shots in another thread
10 mins til lights out, I sprayed insecticidal soap. I’ll spray trifecta tomorrow or Wednesday. Will def swing by Home Depot tomorrow and snag some hot shot strips. Outside or inside tent? Thanks again.

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

10 mins til lights out, I sprayed insecticidal soap. I’ll spray trifecta tomorrow or Wednesday. Will def swing by Home Depot tomorrow and snag some hot shot strips. Outside or inside tent? Thanks again.
Lemme see if I can find that thread, hopefully trustfall will see this & not mind being tagged into this unasked. Dont want to steer you wrong & I've never dealt with them before

Smokeyboi741

Smokeyboi741

Stuck at home. Cleaned the house with wifey, so I could get some ME time 🤣 haven’t left house today because I was told to stay here as much as possible and to only leave for work and essentials. Anywho, the girls had surgery today and a nice big meal. I decided it was time to top. Below is a bit of what I did:

1 1/4Liter spring water with .65ml FNgrow for each baby. Estimated about 15% RO and was kinda surprised at the color. Pretty sure I flushed some shit out. Thanks for the knowledge farmers. Top each one and surprisingly they look happier than ever...for now.. I am going to wait another 4-5 days and start training. Looking forward to topping and learning how to FIM as well. Made some small adjustments to the tent by hanging my little fan from a bungy cord. Check out the shots.

View attachment 953259
built a little stand to water on top of.View attachment 953265View attachment 953260
Before and after surgeryView attachment 953266
This is all of the RO waterView attachment 953267
Minor adjustments to fanView attachment 953268
babies are happy and eating.

will keep you farmers updated!
Carry on
neat idea to make the stand. I swear the simple things we come up with to make things so much easier. I might have to steal that idea

Smokeyboi741

Smokeyboi741

To much time on my hands. Work will be here before I know it and I’ll be back at the cess pool of Californians who don’t give a fuck about anyone but themselves nor do they care about our current situation. Any who, productive day. Did all yard work and got the veggies planted. Cleaned the bong, basically brand new again. The babies look healthy and loving life, not having a clue what’s going on in the world. I am starting to care for em as if they were my own🤣 lol. Two will be headed off to a buddies, two will be relocated outside and 3 of the finest will remain inside the grow tent. Looking forward to their growth and the next stages of their lives. Thinking about turning the exhaust fan off for awhile during lights on to raise the temperature to around 80. Thoughts? Temp currently is steady 70-78 lights on and 55-60 Lights off. Stoked on this Cherry strain and I hope it has a true sweet, Cherry smell. Only time will tell.
Burnz
😵💨🚀🌱🌱
you see those salt stains on the piece a really helpful trick i learned to get rid of those is to use vinegar. After i clean a pipe with alcohol and salt sometimes you get a hard water look or just salt looks like it sticks to inside. Toss some white vinegar in there and shake it around should come right off. If its caked hard water stains you can soak the vinegar and that should do the trick

Smokeyboi741

Smokeyboi741

good luck with the mites. Pest can be a bitch especially when they are indoors.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Yup just don’t use them in your house, the garage is fine though.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Safe for pets? They go inside garage sometimes. I’ll check it out. Thanks @Trustfall.
I think it’s ok for dogs and cats but time needs to be limited. Check out the package instructions first. And if it’s zipped up in a tent it will be even less exposure.
I try to tell people to use these when they get clones from others that might be infected. Put it in the dome with the clones and they will die. Mites hatch every three days so a week with the hot strip in the dome and you should be good to go.

Top Bottom