First Timer *fingerscrossed*

• Thread starter BurnzYzBudZz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Big bloom says to give throughout entire grow as its just kind of a tea, not a concentrated fert like the tiger bloom. My plants love it, and i think it also helps with the microbiology in the medium? Not sure on that but i imagine it would 💁🤷 tigerbloom instead of grow big once flowering is all that changes i think in that lines generic feeding schedule. Works for me so far anyway
Nice. I just receive my dyna-gro box I’ll be using for my next run. Seems like my ladies perked up when I added the 2ml of GH bloom. I’m going to continue with 4ml grow/2ml bloom until stretch is over.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
That looks good to me. ;)
And once they finish stretching I'd go back to using just floranova grow or even foliage pro from week 4-7, at 1.1-1.3ec, then 50/50 grow and bloom for week 8 at 1/4 strength each, or about 400ppm total.
Thanks brotha. So for weeks 1-3 of flower should I keep doing what 4ml grow 2ml bloom twice weekly currently and the other feeds just RO water. PPM been about ~400-600. Or should I feed less PPM more frequently? Currently I’m watering 3-4 times a week in 5gal fabs.
Also, it’s alright if I switch between nutrient companies? I’m using GH now but adding the dyna gro foliage pro for weeks 4-7 like you recommended wouldn’t be an issue? Prolly a stupid question haha. Thanks again.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Thanks brotha. So for weeks 1-3 of flower should I keep doing what 4ml grow 2ml bloom twice weekly currently and the other feeds just RO water. PPM been about ~400-600. Or should I feed less PPM more frequently? Currently I’m watering 3-4 times a week in 5gal fabs.
Also, it’s alright if I switch between nutrient companies? I’m using GH now but adding the dyna gro foliage pro for weeks 4-7 like you recommended wouldn’t be an issue? Prolly a stupid question haha. Thanks again.
I think you're on the right track. If anything, instead of straight RO water give them a seriously reduced feed periodically instead, like 2-300ppm.

As fo changing nutrient brands, It shouldnt matter too much as long as the ph and ec stay the same and the NPK doesnt vary too wildly. If you taper off the bloom back to floranova grow, then transition to foliage pro over a feed or two, it should be fine.

Jamie73

Jamie73

This is my first official little get down. I am currently at 12 days from seed in FoxFarm OceanEarth soil. Running a 1000W with 6” fan and carbon filter. I’ll upload some pictures. Haven’t started feeding nutes yet. I do have FloraNova grow for veg but won’t start feeding until first true set of leaves appear. Any recommendations or tricks are much appreciated.
Go easy on the notes for a while. Fox Farms soil has lots of nutrients. Check the list on the back of the bag. I made the mistake. Using same soil and Fox Farms 5 part kit you can get.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Go easy on the notes for a while. Fox Farms soil has lots of nutrients. Check the list on the back of the bag. I made the mistake. Using same soil and Fox Farms 5 part kit you can get.
👍🏻 I honestly think I could have started with the nutrients sooner than I did. Start with small doses and read the plants as they grow.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I think you're on the right track. If anything, instead of straight RO water give them a seriously reduced feed periodically instead, like 2-300ppm.

As fo changing nutrient brands, It shouldnt matter too much as long as the ph and ec stay the same and the NPK doesnt vary too wildly. If you taper off the bloom back to floranova grow, then transition to foliage pro over a feed or two, it should be fine.
I do want to clarify that I am not using the 3 part GH floranova series. I am using these

These two bottles have different ratios than the other GH flora series I have seen.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
The babies blew up about 3” in 2 days. Grew through the first net already. I put it up on Sunday. They are also drinking up all their food quick. I fed them Sunday and soil was almost dry yesterday. Fed again 1.5ml grow 1.5ml bloom/ gal @ 600ppm. Well looks like I’m going to have to water again tomorrow. Do I feed about 200ppm as a light feeding and water until about 15% runoff? Or keep with the 600ppm. Temps are 85 but my RH is 55%. According to VPD that’s pretty spot on for late veg. Took some close ups for you all today.

375449B1 4D84 4235 B1C5 CE570892E6D7
BA3D7F44 3BEE 4770 91E6 107440343937
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
3 more hours until lights out for 24hrs. Got the new kingbrite installed, fixed up the fans, and they look fuller today.
AFD46FD0 9155 4D42 8A9D 87B003C6AA9F

I have about 4’ to the top of the tent so if these babies stretch I’ll slam the light about 9” from the top of the tent. Pretty stoked on the light, driver runs pretty cool. I can hold onto it for minutes. Babies took well to about 70% on the first day so I’ll crank it up slowly as they start to flower.
9EB6D2CC 71D8 44FE 862A 6A3E92B9DA2F
877A36E1 26B3 4BAF 818E E5F1E125E715

And lastly, I marked the trellis net fixture with a zip tie so I can see how much they stretch the next 24hrs. 🤞🏻
BB95D99C 3E41 4F96 AB79 AA6D67215915

Excited for the next couple months, but I know things can go wrong fast. Here’s to flower.
😵💨🚀

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
3 more hours until lights out for 24hrs. Got the new kingbrite installed, fixed up the fans, and they look fuller today. View attachment 970178
I have about 4’ to the top of the tent so if these babies stretch I’ll slam the light about 9” from the top of the tent. Pretty stoked on the light, driver runs pretty cool. I can hold onto it for minutes. Babies took well to about 70% on the first day so I’ll crank it up slowly as they start to flower. View attachment 970179View attachment 970180
And lastly, I marked the trellis net fixture with a zip tie so I can see how much they stretch the next 24hrs. 🤞🏻 View attachment 970185
Excited for the next couple months, but I know things can go wrong fast. Here’s to flower.
😵💨🚀
Keeping my eye on this grow looking mate .

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Almost finished with my 11hr shift. Babies been in the darkness since 7pm yesterday. Wifey has been sending me pictures of temps and humidity. Anticipation is killing me. Lights come on at 7pm PST. Stand by for update later.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Anticipation over... I was anxious about the 24hrs of darkness and coming home to dead plants..but.. that didn’t happen. Babies shot up about 3” Since 7pm last night.
D7FAA172 134E 4FF0 B3D2 F56503F8FD78

The canopy looks full. I know the new growth looks yellow but growing into a nice green color.
C4214E86 0F5F 4190 B33A 939B38849715

So this is what I got going. My question is. Since it’s my first day/week of flowering can I feed lower doses then what the feed chart has? I fed them 300ppm of foliage pro yesterday and soil is drying out nicely. Any recommendations or anyone who has ran dyna gro. @dirtbag,@aquaman,@MIMedGrower
99F79DAB 7F95 4B1C AD49 4EC1AF6B8122

My ac infinity clouldline came today so I should have that installed later. Thanks and as always, Happy Grows.
😵💨🚀🌱
F0CE4BCD 9FE9 4BF4 A3CD 105716B32798

dire wolf

dire wolf

Anticipation over... I was anxious about the 24hrs of darkness and coming home to dead plants..but.. that didn’t happen. Babies shot up about 3” Since 7pm last night. View attachment 970494
The canopy looks full. I know the new growth looks yellow but growing into a nice green color. View attachment 970495
So this is what I got going. My question is. Since it’s my first day/week of flowering can I feed lower doses then what the feed chart has? I fed them 300ppm of foliage pro yesterday and soil is drying out nicely. Any recommendations or anyone who has ran dyna gro. @dirtbag,@aquaman,@MIMedGrower
View attachment 970496
My ac infinity clouldline came today so I should have that installed later. Thanks and as always, Happy Grows.
😵💨🚀🌱View attachment 970497
Hey burn , im a big fan of the dyna grow products , i've used them in many grows with success...
Are you using the general hydro or the dyna grow ?

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
GH. Was advised to use the GH grow for another 2-3 weeks then switch over to foliage pro. Because for bloom I only have GH bloom. Not sure if that is sufficient ent to carry me through to the end.

dire wolf

dire wolf

GH. Was advised to use the GH grow for another 2-3 weeks then switch over to foliage pro. Because for bloom I only have GH bloom. Not sure if that is sufficient ent to carry me through to the end.
Your plants look really healthy , i would stick around 4 to 6 ppm , but best to use your eyes to judge and increase nutes slowly , i've actually gotten sloppy over the years and just lean towards less is better , reading the plant is key , and i woulden't know how to advise on an exact feed amount , many strains feed more agressivly , or some less , depends on so much also , light , temps etc , but your"e off to a fine start .....
I have a stash of the older dyna grow nutes , grow and bloom , so i haven't looked at the new product line reccommendations , im gonna check it out now ...

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey burn , what do you mean sufficient ? To carry to end , like you dont have enough product in the bottle and you will run out ? Or you mean , the plant will need other additives to complete the grow ?
Because in my opinion , you can run the flower nutes thru finish ,on either product , the gh or the dyna no problem ......

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey burn , what do you mean sufficient ? To carry to end , like you dont have enough product in the bottle and you will run out ? Or you mean , the plant will need other additives to complete the grow ?
Because in my opinion , you can run the flower nutes thru finish ,on either product , the gh or the dyna no problem ......
Oh ok , sorry , i just back tracked and see you and dirtbag already discussed the nutrient program , sounds good to me ....

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Oh ok , sorry , i just back tracked and see you and dirtbag already discussed the nutrient program , sounds good to me ....
Thanks for the recommendation. Yeah weeks 4-7 I’ll switch over to the foliage pro and see how they take to take. I appreciate your reply.

Top Bottom