• Start date
  • Tagged users None
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
just coming out of some stress i take?
very nice!
They were thirsty. What signs of stress should I be worrying about? I don’t think I overwatered as I have letting they dry out almost completely before watering again. Shall I start floranova now? Haven’t Really fed them anything other than 1/4 strength weeks ago. To me I have noticed the fans look a little crinkled, but light is 24” and the temps never reach over 80. I am in fox farm, 5gal fabric. Definitely need to get a small heater and dehumidifier for outside the tent. I see that being an issue in the near future

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
They were thirsty. What signs of stress should I be worrying about? I don’t think I overwatered as I have letting they dry out almost completely before watering again. Shall I start floranova now? Haven’t Really fed them anything other than 1/4 strength weeks ago. To me I have noticed the fans look a little crinkled, but light is 24” and the temps never reach over 80. I am in fox farm, 5gal fabric. Definitely need to get a small heater and dehumidifier for outside the tent. I see that being an issue in the near future
i’m not familiar with fox farm but i seem to believe there’s nutes in that soil already, if so than no extra nutes are needed for a while.
the leaves are a bit off, maybe from that extra bit of nutes your adding to it, all strains react a bit differently.
someone here who
uses ffof should chime in.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
i’m not familiar with fox farm but i seem to believe there’s nutes in that soil already, if so than no extra nutes are needed for a while.
the leaves are a bit off, maybe from that extra bit of nutes your adding to it, all strains react a bit differently.
someone here who
uses ffof should chime in.
I don’t believe it is a Nute issue. I haven’t gave them anything for about 2 weeks and when I did it was minimal. In the beginning I had an issue with temps and humidity which ultimately stunted their growth, I would assume. They are short and stocky with thick trunks. Any recommendations on a controller that would turn dehumidifier and heater on depending on temperature in the tent?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I don’t believe it is a Nute issue. I haven’t gave them anything for about 2 weeks and when I did it was minimal. In the beginning I had an issue with temps and humidity which ultimately stunted their growth, I would assume. They are short and stocky with thick trunks. Any recommendations on a controller that would turn dehumidifier and heater on depending on temperature in the tent?
i can’t help there, i’m the controller in my room, haha, i’m pretty lucky, easy to keep a consistent environment here.

Mr.Budly

Mr.Budly

Hey for curiosity, what's the light height right now, looks like slight cupping on the older growth. Light or heat stress. Temp looks fine in the picture but your nodes are stacking super close so I think you ought to lift the light a little. Allow some stretch for airflow some.i feel like your lights too close, my ladies just responded similar with the tsl, moved it up a couple inches a day for 3 days now and they looking better... Here's a before and after. Color wise for ffof you are good in my opinion, new growth always seems to be lighter through my growing adventures thus far. No pro but responses have been consistent. Watch the major fans with ffof, they let you know when the soils out of nutes. The plant will Rob them of everything! Figure 3-4 weeks from transplant the nutes in ffof seem to dry up and amending or feeding seem to set in. I started feeding 3 weeks in 50% strength nutes 1st grow with no color change in leaves showing lack of nutes and with minimal burn until I tendured the mix to the plants response. Aim for that 2x4 you was telling me about, I think you'll like the switch. Mind you I just topped the ladies for cloning, but the lower branches started perking up with a little zest since yesterday. 1st is last night 2nd today. Naturally the second pic looks happier but still adjusting. Them are all ffof with Dr. Earth amendments. Hang in there, seems like you are getting it! I'm following, keep it up, ask questions, and research til your eyes hurt! Haha 100 ways to skin this cat yah know

IMG 20200405 220501
IMG 20200407 120327
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Hey for curiosity, what's the light height right now, looks like slight cupping on the older growth. Light or heat stress. Temp looks fine in the picture but your nodes are stacking super close so I think you ought to lift the light a little. Allow some stretch for airflow some.i feel like your lights too close, my ladies just responded similar with the tsl, moved it up a couple inches a day for 3 days now and they looking better... Here's a before and after. Color wise for ffof you are good in my opinion, new growth always seems to be lighter through my growing adventures thus far. No pro but responses have been consistent. Watch the major fans with ffof, they let you know when the soils out of nutes. The plant will Rob them of everything! Figure 3-4 weeks from transplant the nutes in ffof seem to dry up and amending or feeding seem to set in. I started feeding 3 weeks in 50% strength nutes 1st grow with no color change in leaves showing lack of nutes and with minimal burn until I tendured the mix to the plants response. Aim for that 2x4 you was telling me about, I think you'll like the switch. Mind you I just topped the ladies for cloning, but the lower branches started perking up with a little zest since yesterday. 1st is last night 2nd today. Naturally the second pic looks happier but still adjusting. Them are all ffof with Dr. Earth amendments. Hang in there, seems like you are getting it! I'm following, keep it up, ask questions, and research til your eyes hurt! Haha 100 ways to skin this cat yah know
Thanks for the input brotha. Another farmer said the same thing about the light. I know it’s not heat stress because I’m struggling to keep the tent warm, light stress on the other hand is the issue I think. I raised them today to 36” above canopy and did a peroxide wash because I saw evidence of aphids (I think) little green bugs on some of my stems. Hopefully what deals with that issue. Purchasing new light and tent for flower this week. Along with a little heater and dehumidifier and controller. I will keep you all updated.

Mr.Budly

Mr.Budly

Thanks for the input brotha. Another farmer said the same thing about the light. I know it’s not heat stress because I’m struggling to keep the tent warm, light stress on the other hand is the issue I think. I raised them today to 36” above canopy and did a peroxide wash because I saw evidence of aphids (I think) little green bugs on some of my stems. Hopefully what deals with that issue. Purchasing new light and tent for flower this week. Along with a little heater and dehumidifier and controller. I will keep you all updated.

On a fair note, spider farmer was my alternate choice, $100 difference settled that. They got a reputation for intense lights at a fair price. plants got awesome color think if you get the height figured out them puppies will sail cookie! Curious to see this one through, keep it up you got this!

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Nice first journal. Happy Frog has mycorhizae, then you can uppot to Ocean Forest.
Thanks for stopping by. I have heard mixed reviews about happy frog. Some say it gets a bit muddy. I am actually going to give Vitality a shot my next go. Happy grows.
Burnz

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
So today I ran down and built fixture out of PVC that will accommodate my space issues. Spent less than $20 and I kinda stretched the PVC. Looking now, I think it’s a bit tall. View attachment 950417
so I’ll be flowering 2 when it’s time or until I purchase a larger tent. I maybe throw a couple outdoor June 1 and run with 2 indoor 2 outdoor. I forgot to mention earlier that I’m running the Very Cherry strain from HSC. Going to run down to hydro store and see if they have some clip fans for purchase. Let me know whatcha think.
And....
While doing all this I gave the ladies some real sunlight 😁View attachment 950418
Happy growing!

Dont do this again lol. That's how you get pests bro.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Came home from work with ideas, after a long 11 hr shift, seeing all these people not giving a fuck what governor says and/or about themselves for that matter, I made some significant changes in the tent. I have seen significant growth within the last couple days and for my first grow overall i am satisfied...thus far.
I built a make-shift riser because I feel like this will give better airflow to the roots which I think is one of my minor issues. I used an old plastic pallet and cut it up to fit my tent. Raised the light to 20” and have been running 20/4 since they were born. Thoughts on the growth?
Burnz
That’s a good idea getting the pots up off cold surface I have mine raised in a similar fashion , there coming along nicely, I have a cold climate where I am so I purchased some electric blankets that I drape over the grow tent seems to work ok , keep up the good work .

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
That’s a good idea getting the pots up off cold surface I have mine raised in a similar fashion , there coming along nicely, I have a cold climate where I am so I purchased some electric blankets that I drape over the grow tent seems to work ok , keep up the good work .
That’s a good idea. It’s tough right now with temps and humidity. Got some stuff en route to hopefully resolve that issue. Thanks for stopping by, much appreciated.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Dont do this again lol. That's how you get pests bro.
You think? I have outdoor plants right now that have 0 pests. I’m almost fully convinced it came with the soil I
Bought. My outdoor is in diff soil and has nothing. But you’re right, I won’t do that again 🤣 having trouble getting em under control.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
You think? I have outdoor plants right now that have 0 pests. I’m almost fully convinced it came with the soil I
Bought. My outdoor is in diff soil and has nothing. But you’re right, I won’t do that again 🤣 having trouble getting em under control.
Things like fungus gnats can detect and are attracted to the peat in potting soil like moths to a flame.
Outdoor growing is different, there are pretador bugs outside that eat the pests and keep everything in balance normally, so the pests dont get out of control. And if bugs hatch in potting soil outside, they often fuck off elsewhere rather than hanging around.
But all it takes is one fungus gnat or aphid to smell that peat across the yard, lay one egg in there or hitch a ride itself back to the grow room, and then its safely indoors with no pretadors, where it can multiply and become a real problem because unlike the outdoors, inside, your plants are all theyve got for a host.

I have a rule about this. Once a plant goes outside, it stays outside. I came up with this rule after bringing a few plants indoors and then subsequently battling root aphids for 2 months afterwards.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Things like fungus gnats can detect and are attracted to the peat in potting soil like moths to a flame.
Outdoor growing is different, there are pretador bugs outside that eat the pests and keep everything in balance normally, so the pests dont get out of control. And if bugs hatch in potting soil outside, they often fuck off elsewhere rather than hanging around.
But all it takes is one fungus gnat or aphid to smell that peat across the yard, lay one egg in there or hitch a ride itself back to the grow room, and then its safely indoors with no pretadors, where it can multiply and become a real problem because unlike the outdoors, inside, your plants are all theyve got for a host.

I have a rule about this. Once a plant goes outside, it stays outside. I came up with this rule after bringing a few plants indoors and then subsequently battling root aphids for 2 months afterwards.
Great information. So let me ask you this, if my tents in my garage am I screwed either way? I don’t see an infestation and I’ve watered with 1:4 hydrogen peroxide/water about a week ago just in case. I have been spraying with trifecta and slowly but surely I see less and less. Hope this resolves the issue before flower. If not, I have thought about scrapping this run and getting my shit together a bit better before starting my next. I have also thought about using this run as a stepping block for grows to come. Just received my controller, dehumidifier, and little heater which I need now but don’t think I’ll need the heater soon. Thanks again @Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Great information. So let me ask you this, if my tents in my garage am I screwed either way? I don’t see an infestation and I’ve watered with 1:4 hydrogen peroxide/water about a week ago just in case. I have been spraying with trifecta and slowly but surely I see less and less. Hope this resolves the issue before flower. If not, I have thought about scrapping this run and getting my shit together a bit better before starting my next. I have also thought about using this run as a stepping block for grows to come. Just received my controller, dehumidifier, and little heater which I need now but don’t think I’ll need the heater soon. Thanks again @Dirtbag

I wouldnt scrap them unless it becomes unmanageable and the plants become unrecoverable.

A tent in the garage is fine, but you should absolutely have some sort of air filter on your air intake to the tent if you dont already. I've dealt with enough pests in my day that I try to take IPM and pest prevention fairly seriously to avoid the headaches as much as possible. I use a filtrete 1900 furnace filter on my air intake to my shed to prevent bugs getting in that way. I burn sulphur to avoid PM and deter spider mites, I have yellow sticky traps hanging beside every lightbulb in my shed including the header house/lobby to try and trap anything that makes it Into the first room, I always remove my shoes and jacket and leave them outside the door before going in. Stuff like that makes a big difference. Especially taking off your shoes before entering the garage.

Bugs and mildew suck. And an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure(d bud).

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
As for your pests now, are you in the US or Canada or?? where u at? If in the US I'd hit them with botanigard MAXX if you have the budget for it. And alternate with a spinosad product such as conserve or even monterrey garden insect spray. That should take care of most anything in the room besides root aphids. But you could use Botanigard as a root drench for those too.
If budget is more limited and you have a problem that is getting out of control you could use merit 75 in veg only, 1/2 tsp per 5 gallons of water as a root drench. The plant will suck it up and anything that eats the plant will be a gonner, with the exception of spider mites. Never use an imid product if you suspect you have spider mites or see signs of them, as it can increase their reproductive rate.

Top Bottom