First Timer Running 4 Holy Grail Kush And One Gsc In A 4x4 600w-1000w

• Thread starter incogneato
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
incogneato

incogneato

Its getting tough not to poke around below the surface of these jiffy pellets to see if anything is happening or not. ...kidding but seriously they can pop any time. This 3 1/2 feels like forever

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

patience grasshopper lol
can take up to 3 weeks i seen for them to pop what you should of done was toilet paper and baggie to get them to germ
an let tap root grow a bit who cares i it grows into toilet paper use scissors and cut out around it but you know it cracked t
Then in jiffy you make bigger hole 2 - 3 cm then set it in close it up lightly and by next day there growing
When just throwing seeds in a jiffy who the hell knows when or if they will even break surface
You did germinate them ???
Gallery 9122 4960 477925
Gallery 9122 4960 369013
Gallery 9122 4960 477925
Gallery 9122 4960 369013

Orcaman

Orcaman

You should have sprouts by now. So I would start lightly digging up the seeds to see if they are even cracking open. Most of my spouts show in three to five days. After a week if they have not cracked then they are not viable seeds. I plant directly in four inch pots and like to plant very shallow. No more then a quarter inch deep. How deep did you plant the seeds in your jiffy pots? I also want to suggest a 600 watt over a 1000 watt for a tent.
Only good thoughts to you!:)

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

nah personally i would wait i shit you not my last seed batch only 6 out of 40 seeds germinated took like 2 weeks i was like WTF usually by 24 hrs there cracked and have a 1/2 inch radicle the rest i threw in soil and on window sill and it was the 3 3 1/2 week mark that i looked and sure enough 4 more were going

thats the thing now patience could be number of things
how deep did you plant them they only need to be 1 - 2 cm under light soil so they can break out easy personally give them another week But its allup to you

incogneato

incogneato

nah personally i would wait i shit you not my last seed batch only 6 out of 40 seeds germinated took like 2 weeks i was like WTF usually by 24 hrs there cracked and have a 1/2 inch radicle the rest i threw in soil and on window sill and it was the 3 3 1/2 week mark that i looked and sure enough 4 more were going

thats the thing now patience could be number of things
how deep did you plant them they only need to be 1 - 2 cm under light soil so they can break out easy personally give them another week But its allup to you
You should have sprouts by now. So I would start lightly digging up the seeds to see if they are even cracking open. Most of my spouts show in three to five days. After a week if they have not cracked then they are not viable seeds. I plant directly in four inch pots and like to plant very shallow. No more then a quarter inch deep. How deep did you plant the seeds in your jiffy pots? I also want to suggest a 600 watt over a 1000 watt for a tent.
Only good thoughts to you!:)
I will definitely try the paper towel method next time, I don't have the patience to sit and wonder if the seeds popped :) I didnt plant them very deep, Less than a quarter inch. I did end up going on an archeological expedition and found that all of the holy grail have popped and have barely started to sprout. The gsc hasn't popped yet, wondering if I should place it in a paper towel or leave it in the jiffy pellet? I gently tucked them all back in their warm little jiffy pellets and put them back in their tent. I think you're right about the light orca, I don't want to make it more difficult for my first run than it has to be. I heard it can be hell to manage temps in a tent with 1000w in a tent. Thank you both for the help, I really appreciate it

Orcaman

Orcaman

I will definitely try the paper towel method next time, I don't have the patience to sit and wonder if the seeds popped :) I didnt plant them very deep, Less than a quarter inch. I did end up going on an archeological expedition and found that all of the holy grail have popped and have barely started to sprout. The gsc hasn't popped yet, wondering if I should place it in a paper towel or leave it in the jiffy pellet? I gently tucked them all back in their warm little jiffy pellets and put them back in their tent. I think you're right about the light orca, I don't want to make it more difficult for my first run than it has to be. I heard it can be hell to manage temps in a tent with 1000w in a tent. Thank you both for the help, I really appreciate it
If you see a tap root cover it back up and moisten the pellet some. They are sprouting and let them go. Now keep an eye on that cookie seed that has not spouted for a couple of more days and go from there. The biggest key is keeping them moist and warm in till they are up. No matter how you germinate seeds it all comes down to the love and attention of growing!

incogneato

incogneato

If you see a tap root cover it back up and moisten the pellet some. They are sprouting and let them go. Now keep an eye on that cookie seed that has not spouted for a couple of more days and go from there. The biggest key is keeping them moist and warm in till they are up. No matter how you germinate seeds it all comes down to the love and attention of growing!
Glad to know I'm on the right track. That's exactly what I did. Its funny I've been reading and studying mj cultivation for over a year but it feels like it all went out the window as soon as seeds hit the dirt lol. Its funny how excited I got to see the beans popped open. Ive been wanting to grow for a long time and it feels good to get started

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I would leave them in jiffys till they have grown some then use a razor put couple cuts on bottom and sides then i would go to 6- 8 " pots then gallon pots then final 5 gallon
Does the cuts make it easier for the roots to escape? Would this be practical using rapid rooters and going into dwc?

incogneato

incogneato

Does the cuts make it easier for the roots to escape? Would this be practical using rapid rooters and going into dwc?
The jiffy pellets have a small net around them so the cuts let the roots out. Rapid rooters don't have a net around them so no need to cut them

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Still haven't broken the surface yet....the waiting is the hardest part. Hopefully soon I'll have some sprouts
I am with you brother.... the first thing you will want to learn is cloning,,, hell with all that seed popping, and waiting years to get started. I went from having one photo waiting on autos to finish to now have 5 ladies, 4 clones and a mother who has been vegging for 45 days, with all double tops. she will get tossed in to flower in about 10 days, with 4 clones that will be up next when momma is done, and i will take clones a week before and on and on,,, never having to wait for a damn slow as seed to pop...
actually I got 2 new fem strains that I am gonna pop, but they get to veg in there with mom, and they wont mess up my 2 month cycle, allowing me a harvest every 2 months still... and then i will take clones from them and do the same thing...
Cloning is by far the coolest thing. You got 1 plant, you got 10 plants in a week.. just my newbie 2 cents....

incogneato

incogneato

I am with you brother.... the first thing you will want to learn is cloning,,, hell with all that seed popping, and waiting years to get started. I went from having one photo waiting on autos to finish to now have 5 ladies, 4 clones and a mother who has been vegging for 45 days, with all double tops. she will get tossed in to flower in about 10 days, with 4 clones that will be up next when momma is done, and i will take clones a week before and on and on,,, never having to wait for a damn slow as seed to pop...
actually I got 2 new fem strains that I am gonna pop, but they get to veg in there with mom, and they wont mess up my 2 month cycle, allowing me a harvest every 2 months still... and then i will take clones from them and do the same thing...
Cloning is by far the coolest thing. You got 1 plant, you got 10 plants in a week.. just my newbie 2 cents....
Nice! Yea I plan on cloning these when I get going. I like the idea of pheno hunting from seed but you're right, beans take forever lol. I'm hoping to get a nice perpetual grow going myself. I'd love to harvest every 2 months.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Nice! Yea I plan on cloning these when I get going. I like the idea of pheno hunting from seed but you're right, beans take forever lol. I'm hoping to get a nice perpetual grow going myself. I'd love to harvest every 2 months.
It will happen for you. personally you would love the ease of dwc. i built a flood table, and used coco, and it was pretty easy. i also used a waterfarm module and it was twice as easy! And the growth in the dwc is a conversation all on its own... I was so impressed i bought a 8 bucket recirculating system for my next grow. My biggest problem has turned out to be,, what do I want to run next, then after that. I am actually planning Christmas so that I flip right after, allowing me to leave for a couple days for Christmas. Planning my grows months in advance.

One last piece of advice,,, if you thought smoking weed was fun,, growing is 10x that! So make a decision, how much is too much.. Leave it to me and i don't know when to say when... I have already spent over a grand. Thank god I have turned out to be a better grower than a business man :)

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

patience grasshopper lol
can take up to 3 weeks i seen for them to pop what you should of done was toilet paper and baggie to get them to germ
an let tap root grow a bit who cares i it grows into toilet paper use scissors and cut out around it but you know it cracked t
Then in jiffy you make bigger hole 2 - 3 cm then set it in close it up lightly and by next day there growing
When just throwing seeds in a jiffy who the hell knows when or if they will even break surface
You did germinate them ???View attachment 631167 View attachment 631168 View attachment 631167 View attachment 631168
That is by far the best illustration I have ever seen of that...

incogneato

incogneato

It will happen for you. personally you would love the ease of dwc. i built a flood table, and used coco, and it was pretty easy. i also used a waterfarm module and it was twice as easy! And the growth in the dwc is a conversation all on its own... I was so impressed i bought a 8 bucket recirculating system for my next grow. My biggest problem has turned out to be,, what do I want to run next, then after that. I am actually planning Christmas so that I flip right after, allowing me to leave for a couple days for Christmas. Planning my grows months in advance.

One last piece of advice,,, if you thought smoking weed was fun,, growing is 10x that! So make a decision, how much is too much.. Leave it to me and i don't know when to say when... I have already spent over a grand. Thank god I have turned out to be a better grower than a business man :)
Lmao, yea I'm hooked and just got started. I have about a grand in my setup already as well. I'm gonna run soil for awhile but I'm sure at some point I'll try my hand at hydro. I agree that I'm already planning future grows and what's going in next and haven't even harvested yet haha.

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

that is it smart choice start in soil more forgiving get a harvest in and better your self at feeding and what to look for and understanding plants needs , dial in your environment ..
then once you get 4 - 5 grows in and if you want to change up then by all means do so
Growing is like a game as you get better you level up

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Lmao, yea I'm hooked and just got started. I have about a grand in my setup already as well. I'm gonna run soil for awhile but I'm sure at some point I'll try my hand at hydro. I agree that I'm already planning future grows and what's going in next and haven't even harvested yet haha.
Lol me to buddy! Can I ask what made you decide on soil? its so messy, and you got to mix all that shit together... I would of at least went with coco, or mixed coco/peralite. Coco is almost impossible to over water, and a lot of growers love it. I have battled calmag issues my whole grow, even using calimagic, and lucas(head) formula.... i know now that dwc is by far the easiest, and has serious growth once the roots reach water,,, BAM!!! Cheap to build. Prob $25 could build one easy. And i use Flora Nova bloom, 1 thing to mix, and your done. Takes less than 5 mins a day to take care of.
When I start my next grow, you can watch it with my dwc, and you see how easy, and how fast they grow...

Either way you made a friend, and you will harvest your own buds soon,, I promise you that bro... we will get you there...

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

that is it smart choice start in soil more forgiving get a harvest in and better your self at feeding and what to look for and understanding plants needs , dial in your environment ..
then once you get 4 - 5 grows in and if you want to change up then by all means do so
Growing is like a game as you get better you level up
I agree... I just took hydro on from the get go, because I knew that come hell or high water, I was gonna figure it out.. Well I played it safe and went with coco lol, then I made a table and got used to dealing with a 15 gallon res, and then a dwc bucket, and i was hooked immediately to dwc, and now my second grow will be rdwc... it was just getting these first plants to harvest, and i still got 10 days or so to go,, but I am almost there...

Top Bottom