Floramite, Avid, and Forbid outlawed!!!!!!

• Thread starter diesel707
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OGONLY

OGONLY

I think what a few people have tried to get across to you Chris is that we have a responsibility to more than ourselves and our friends that smoke our weed. Sure we want to grow pest free herb that does not have any lingering chemicals from when we sprayed back in veg. But Chris... what are these harsh chemicals doing to our ecosystem?

You may not care about bees, fine. But we all need to understand that our actions as far as pest control should not endanger us or our ecosystem. There are already enough clueless individual and companies screwing up our plannet. Make a responsible choice and refuse to use toxic pestisides outside. Or you can refuse to comply and continue to contribute to the downfall of our fragile ecosystem.

L

LUDACRIS.

I think what a few people have tried to get across to you Chris is that we have a responsibility to more than ourselves and our friends that smoke our weed. Sure we want to grow pest free herb that does not have any lingering chemicals from when we sprayed back in veg. But Chris... what are these harsh chemicals doing to our ecosystem?

You may not care about bees, fine. But we all need to understand that our actions as far as pest control should not endanger us or our ecosystem. There are already enough clueless individual and companies screwing up our plannet. Make a responsible choice and refuse to use toxic pestisides outside. Or you can refuse to comply and continue to contribute to the downfall of our fragile ecosystem.

If we left farmers to fend large crops of fruit or veg without spraying them with safe pesticides like floramite then our worldwide harvesting of many valuable crops would deminish and thats why farmers use floramite not only to protect thier crops but to save the harvests they have.
(you will find most of the fruits and veg we eat everyday have been sprayed with chemicals to prevent any damage to the farmers crops and rotation).

The ecosystem is something i really dont care about. Not to be harsh but its like thinking about the ozone layer to me and what will be will be as far as thats concerned. I cant change the ecosystem or ozone layer so i dont think of things in that way.

CHRIS.
(it clearly says its for agricultural use and thats what its for. Spraying crops of fruit and veg).
:)

Dreng

Dreng

Just my 2 pence worth, but have you tried plant vitality plus? I don't believe the purer than pure marketing, but it does kill spider mites and if you spray the substrate/soil it does kill the eggs too.

There is a certain theme vis a vis the environment in this thread, and I think that a lot of it has to do with legality, cash croppers poison animals and trees to produce weed, in America, anyway, not having a go at America by any means, bread heads that don't give a shit about anything but money are the same the world over, you just have the right weather there which we don't ( UK) . We have plenty of people that would sell their own grandmothers for a quid here too.

In veg, try spaying regularly with just plain water, mites hate moisture, unfortunately scariad don't, use gnat off or nilnat for them.

As has already been mentioned, cleanliness is vital and try and cover any intakes, old pairs of tights work pretty well imo. Go lightly, unless you get an infestation, and then go nuclear, but contained and re-evaluate all your procedures.

Like I say, just my tuppence worth,

Peace, all.

B

Buddy Hemphill

Buddy Hemphill: SoCal mites are resistant to NPS. I've seen them climbing on the plastic case, very good proof of the pesticide-resistance issue discussed here. Also, I think people object to NPS more because they presents a more immediate danger to the farmer. People are still trying to work out if the presence of certain pesticides sprayed on vegging plants is found in the bud once they've bloomed (assuming people aren't using these things on blooming plants, which I realize they are, and assuming people are talking precautions during spraying, which I am sure they are not always). A lot of farmers run sealed rooms. Even the NPS manufacturer admits you shouldn't be in a sealed room with those things. That danger is more real and immediate, at least that's my guess why I think they bother people more.

Huh? The manufacturer says not to run them inside a sealed room?

I never read that. Thay say dont stay in the room with them more than 4 hours.

I have sat a NPS in a pot with bugs and come back 30 minutes later to see them wiggling half-dead under a scope. How long did they crawl on the case?

I bet a hundred dollars I could rid ANY room of mites with NPS's. Its all in HOW you use them.

Again......Home Depot home pesticide vs Illegal commercial pesticide

Its a no brainer......for ME....IMVHO.

B

Buddy Hemphill

Who says using toxic chemicals outside is bad when done properly.

I think this whole line of logic is wrong. You arent killing the planet by properly using small amounts of pesticides PROPERLY. Thats left wing BS.

Do you drive a car?

Take the bus?

Buy groceries at the store?

......the list goes on and on......

we all contribute to the problems of our ecosystem. But saying using pesticides on outdoor MJ will be contributing to the "downfall of our fragile ecosystem" is a bit of a reach...IMHO. Everybody that uses pesticides doesnt do so irresponsibly.

the rrock

the rrock

no pest strips are a joke,ive tried them and they dont kill mites at least not in my enviroment, Floramite kills them dead AND KEEPS THEM DEAD

L

LUDACRIS.

I have sat a NPS in a pot with bugs and come back 30 minutes later to see them wiggling half-dead under a scope. How long did they crawl on the case?

I bet a hundred dollars I could rid ANY room of mites with NPS's. Its all in HOW you use them.

Again......Home Depot home pesticide vs Illegal commercial pesticide

Its a no brainer......for ME....IMVHO.

Who says using toxic chemicals outside is bad when done properly.

I think this whole line of logic is wrong. You arent killing the planet by properly using small amounts of pesticides PROPERLY. Thats left wing BS.

Do you drive a car?

Take the bus?

Buy groceries at the store?

......the list goes on and on......

we all contribute to the problems of our ecosystem. But saying using pesticides on outdoor MJ will be contributing to the "downfall of our fragile ecosystem" is a bit of a reach...IMHO. Everybody that uses pesticides doesnt do so irresponsibly.

no pest strips are a joke,ive tried them and they dont kill mites at least not in my enviroment, Floramite kills them dead AND KEEPS THEM DEAD

Great posts by all above and they are all very true and to the point.
I have just done my buddies plants and taken pics of how to apply floramite and was going to start a thread on it but i think i will see how this one unfolds.
(+props).

CHRIS.

A

amstercal

Buddy: My bad, I totally typed that up wrong. I was trying to say: Even the manufacturer says you shouldn't be exposed to them for long (4 hours like you say) and imagine how that's compounded by a sealed room, where the concentrations would be higher since you're not getting any fresh air. Sorry, I skipped the actual train of my thought. And the strip was in there two days and the colonized the whole pot next to it and were starting to build webs. I am not saying they didn't kill them in your are, just that they're useless in SoCal.

Ludacris: You can not care about the ozone layer, the ecosystem or our planet all you want. That doesn't mean that your actions don't affect them. And if you're clueless enough to think those things won't affect you, I doubt anything I could say could convince you. Very limited and selfish view you have there. And have you ever heard of organic farming and insectaries and the like? People farm every day without using pesticides like floramite. Those things are out there. You just need to educate yourself. BTW, Your UP WITH FLORAMITE campaign wasn't exactly answering the OP's question either.

I'm actually not against pesticides or even Floramite. I just think any discussion of them should include talking about using them safely and responsibly and their impact.

L

LUDACRIS.

Buddy: My bad, I totally typed that up wrong. I was trying to say: Even the manufacturer says you shouldn't be exposed to them for long (4 hours like you say) and imagine how that's compounded by a sealed room, where the concentrations would be higher since you're not getting any fresh air. Sorry, I skipped the actual train of my thought. And the strip was in there two days and the colonized the whole pot next to it and were starting to build webs. I am not saying they didn't kill them in your are, just that they're useless in SoCal.

Ludacris: You can not care about the ozone layer, the ecosystem or our planet all you want. That doesn't mean that your actions don't affect them. And if you're clueless enough to think those things won't affect you, I doubt anything I could say could convince you. Very limited and selfish view you have there. And have you ever heard of organic farming and insectaries and the like? People farm every day without using pesticides like floramite. Those things are out there. You just need to educate yourself. BTW, Your UP WITH FLORAMITE campaign wasn't exactly answering the OP's question either.

I'm actually not against pesticides or even Floramite. I just think any discussion of them should include talking about using them safely and responsibly and their impact.

Spot on as i just dont give a FCUK.

L

LUDACRIS.

What about my 4 motorbikes and 3 cars blowing a hole in the ozone layer ??.
I think thats harder on you so called "ecosystem" than a few sprays of FLORAMITE on an indoor growroom ??. And as for the bees i think they love the plants and just look back at the thread and see the help i have given to the OP in answering the questions i could.

LOL Bee
L

LUDACRIS.

Ok so i looked up all 3 floramite avid and forbid last night on ebay and it says that they were all made illegal in Cali. So what is the next best thing for spidermites that I can still get here in CA.

I actually bought FLORAMITE from america from e-bay and i live in scotland where you cant buy it for the reasons mentioned above. I could maybe trace the seller if i look back at e-bay. Its pricey and 1/2oz is plenty and comes in a small bottle.

LUDA.

Anything else before i get run over by a bus tommorow ??.

LUDA.

A

amstercal

Spot on as i just dont give a FCUK.

Cool, if that's how you feel. I don't know you and don't really care what you do to yourself. Seems like people in colder climates, unused to more intense sunlight will be the first ones to develop skin cancer as the ozone depletes anyway. Good luck, Scotland. Me, I've got olive skin and live in SoCal.

However, I think everyone would appreciate it if you would change your signature so that we all know you don't give a fuck about the ecosystem. Then at least people would know that before they consider taking your advice. If you're gonna own it, Eminem, own it.

I didn't say you hadn't tried to help the OP, just that if you're going to call me out for tangenting, then maybe you should look at yourself with UP WITH FLORAMITE pr campaign.

L

LUDACRIS.

Cool, if that's how you feel. I don't know you and don't really care what you do to yourself. Seems like people in colder climates, unused to more intense sunlight will be the first ones to develop skin cancer as the ozone depletes anyway. Good luck, Scotland. Me, I've got olive skin and live in SoCal.

However, I think everyone would appreciate it if you would change your signature so that we all know you don't give a fuck about the ecosystem. Then at least people would know that before they consider taking your advice. If you're gonna own it, Eminem, own it.

I didn't say you hadn't tried to help the OP, just that if you're going to call me out for tangenting, then maybe you should look at yourself with UP WITH FLORAMITE pr campaign.

Ok. i will change my signature for you but you wont rid the world of floramite. I dont know whats in your head but i all i hear is B.S. about saving the planet so i might go with eminem. I need to think of something else that suits.

LUDA.

A

amstercal

...since you missed it before.

Damn those pesky people who want to save the planet. Next they'll want clean drinking water for children. Things like proper use of pesticides and looking for safer alternatives are just such a burden.

L

LUDACRIS.

...since you missed it before.

Damn those pesky people who want to save the planet. Next they'll want clean drinking water for children. Things like proper use of pesticides and looking for safer alternatives is just such a burden.

I did not miss it. I read everything thats quoted but dont reply to everything.

CHRIS.
(Now FCUK off until i choose a signature. Only joking).

PEACE OUT.

B

BudGood

Wow, a bit douchey in here... Some of ya'll need to go smoke! :character0029:

Anyhow, I use a Tyvek suit, gloves, mask, etc when spraying nasty chem stuff. Cost a few bucks, and is worth it for the peace of mind. I bought Forbid and Floramite, haven't used the Floramite yet, as the Forbid straight DECIMATED my mites, haven't seen one since. :)

L

LUDACRIS.

Anyhow, I use a Tyvek suit, gloves, mask, etc when spraying nasty chem stuff. Cost a few bucks, and is worth it for the peace of mind. I bought Forbid and Floramite, haven't used the Floramite yet, as the Forbid straight DECIMATED my mites, haven't seen one since. :)

Everything is good on my end and i am about to blow on some master kush. Its up to users and growers what kind of pest control to use as i aint no floramite rep. I go with what works and thats it and i am thinking of starting a thread on how to apply floramite with pics when i get a chance.
All is good and we aint arguing we are simply discussing the use of floramite and i have first hand use of using it and ready to share.

CHRIS.

B

Buddy Hemphill

Thats what folks are saying is a problem. Using one product adds to resistance....

I still cant see it. If you kill them ALL......then how do you pass along resistance?

Anyway......NPS's only require that you open the package and leave the room.

I have a buddy that suited up properly....the whole nine yards. When he got thru spraying Floramite....it looked like he got his ass whipped in the middle of getting a bad sunburn....all red and swollen. Fuck that shit.....in my little world anyway.

NPS's for safety's sake. Fucka buncha LD50 chemicals getting on my skin....or ANYTHING I may touch after the fact....fot that matter. NPS's active chem is water soluble. It cleans up very easily.

Latest posts

Top Bottom