FLowaMasta's Jack x Skunk 1 plant 600watt + UVB Monster scrog

• Thread starter flowamasta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pavka_Trevichka

Pavka_Trevichka

Great pics flowa really good job :) As for the next monster plant ... can't wait to see her in flowering :rolleyes:

flowamasta

flowamasta

Great pics flowa really good job :) As for the next monster plant ... can't wait to see her in flowering :rolleyes:

Thanx guys! couldn't get both your posts on 1 page! thanx Micky!! Glad you like my pics!
I'll get some pics tomorrow of her, she's grown a few inches and looks like a little bush already :p may shock a few, i can't stick my head in yet windows aren't covered properly, don't want the government seeing my light from the moon :p but i get a little peek, and she's doing fine, not stressed now, and in full veg mode. Maybe 8 good size main branches. I could of gone 1 level lower perhaps, see how she goes though....

if i can work out a way shortly i might stick my arm in and hold the cam button down see if i get a good pic without looking hehe

flowamasta

flowamasta

ok......stuck my arm in there, without any adjustment to lighting or aperture i just snapped 2 shots...good as i'll get tonight, but gives you guys a good idea how things are going.

day 11 veg here.....going on day 12. (24hr lighting still)

SAM 4294
SAM 4295

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
I love concentrate macros! Thanks for sharing those tasty looking pictures with us FM, really top notch looking stuff you made! I think it might be a lazy Monday now that you got me thinking about taking a dab of some oil to start the morning off! Keep an eye out for my new grow log(s) coming very soon :)

-Meeks

The Mulls

The Mulls

wOws ... . the quality of the concentrates n cam skills right there .... really ..... blown away ... . made me wanna lick the residue from your palm ..... . looks SO dam tasty .... i'll keeps an eye out for that reflection .. no doubt ... . staying tuned in to watch your bush turn monster ... . cheers .. Mrs Mull :p

flowamasta

flowamasta

I love concentrate macros! Thanks for sharing those tasty looking pictures with us FM, really top notch looking stuff you made! I think it might be a lazy Monday now that you got me thinking about taking a dab of some oil to start the morning off! Keep an eye out for my new grow log(s) coming very soon :)

-Meeks
lol, thanx Meeks :) go for it, it is a slow start to the day, but a great one ;)

wOws ... . the quality of the concentrates n cam skills right there .... really ..... blown away ... . made me wanna lick the residue from your palm ..... . looks SO dam tasty .... i'll keeps an eye out for that reflection .. no doubt ... . staying tuned in to watch your bush turn monster ... . cheers .. Mrs Mull :p
wowie! That was full on :) sound like my mrs lol thanx heaps Mrs mull, and yes it is the ultimate in taste i'd be lying if i was humble. I've been smoking alot of concentrates lately and i'm feelin it let me tell you :p

flowamasta

flowamasta

looking incredible as usual bro!

also curious about this.

neverbreak
The oil is made using a shellite extraction, (100% naptha) Australian made, a pure 100% hydrocarbon solvent, heat is required to dissolve thc and oils around 60-80 degrees i find dissolves the best without pulling unwanted waxes or sugars out f the plant matter. I also used 100% buds, no stem and only frosty tip leaf...results in a very clean sometimes translucent honey in all sorts of consistencies depending on degradation and maturity of trichs. the lighter the colour being more early smoke higher in THC, darker would contain more amber trichomes so be heavier and probably more CBD.

I just double boil in near boiling water in a jar with buds for maybe 5-10 mins depending on quanitity and temp. filter evaporate with a fan, as it evaporates about half way you will see if it has contaminants in it, if it does it will start to cloud and build up, once that happens you have to separate and evaporate only the remaining 'clean' solvent, this is the golden honey, usually cures to a shatter or crystal with the help of light simmering to 130 degrees roughly which not only doesn't harm potency it actually helps convert non psycho-actives into THC. Little no longer secret of mine through alot of trial and error. Some erb doesn't need separating of heavies but depending on nutrients used, some will leave behind 'sugars' which are almost inevitable with this extraction because of the temperature, but being the only contaminant that i know of and being easy to separate and continue is not an issue. By sugars i mean carb based food for liquid hydroponics. I have found that these leave a residue in solvent extractions and must be separated to achieve the full melt pure translucent honey. Some sugar based nutrients say they are fine to use until harvest, yes for smoke but for concentrates further knowledge is needed, and from my experience i have learnt something very important for quality oil. The sugars will start to cool precipitate as you fan evaporate the solution as the difference in temperature causes the sugars to re-crystalize, then they become easy to separate as they stick and fall to the bottom. If left in i noticed a slight 'pineapple rush from general hydro!!!' taste in the oil, I myself do not not if this is safe nor positive so i'm glad i got onto it, as this is the first time this has come to my knowledge.

I hope this helps a few people that do solvent extractions, and have a think about what else you are extracting if you don't 100% trust your/ somebody elses product.....When it comes to solvents and extractions i want to be as safe as i can and if it doesn't look smell or taste like it came from the plant i won't take it.

The final end curing technique is totally up to you, i say do some research as me telling you is not the same, curing to a final 'glass' or 'shatter' stage requires alot of patience and heating/cooling over and over until it becomes non- active and the bubbles no longer bubble. Edit : sorry if there is typos, this is all my own wording....

also when curing don't go over 130 degrees as this will evaporate terpenes and flavanoids!!!!!

iCultivate

iCultivate

Clone ;) but yes she is quite healthy, not 100% she is actually nearly 8 weeks old, she has been kept alive slowly along with another small sister in a small bed of perlite, but yes she is new to the HPS and on day 6 tonight. Just starting to get ahold of her legs......

Oh, must have missed that! Well either way, she's a nice looking little plant. :)

BTW, that oil looks exceptional.

-- iCultivate --

The Mulls

The Mulls

wowie! That was full on :) sound like my mrs lol thanx heaps Mrs mull, and yes it is the ultimate in taste i'd be lying if i was humble. I've been smoking alot of concentrates lately and i'm feelin it let me tell you :p

ahahaha ... lols ... soz bout that ... straight from head to fingertips ... . I need to get me a new brain filter 4 my words .... . :rolleyes: :p

flowamasta

flowamasta

i wrote all that up there ??!! where did that all come from and when ? man i gotta get off the hash!
o_O

Oh, must have missed that! Well either way, she's a nice looking little plant. :)

BTW, that oil looks exceptional.

-- iCultivate --
Thanx for being here iCultivate! Thanx for the compliments! i think i'm really starting to get the hang of this concentrate thing! You never know until you give it a go ;)

ahahaha ... lols ... soz bout that ... straight from head to fingertips ... . I need to get me a new brain filter 4 my words .... . :rolleyes: :p
Lol! all good, no worries at all! my mrs always has a laugh at what goes on on these threads ;) if you haven't already seen some nipple tassle pics a while back hehe
Lots of great company here! thanx all!

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Beautiful plant and oil!! I have a question, I see you are using a hempy style bucket and I'm gonna start using hempy's within a few weeks. So I want to know how much do you water through out different stages of the plants life (early veg, late veg, flower) and how often do you use nutrients?? Thanx in advance and keep growing those beastly clones ;)

monkeymun

monkeymun

Beautiful macro shots of your mouth-watering oil bro! Really, that stuff looks absolutely delicious. Good job making that Flowamasta!

flowamasta

flowamasta

Beautiful plant and oil!! I have a question, I see you are using a hempy style bucket and I'm gonna start using hempy's within a few weeks. So I want to know how much do you water through out different stages of the plants life (early veg, late veg, flower) and how often do you use nutrients?? Thanx in advance and keep growing those beastly clones ;)
I may have mentioned at the beginning of the thread, but i fill in quickly before i fly off for tea...i feed auto using a pin timer. 15 minute feeding times every 2 hours, recirculating. I only change according to climate conditions (hotter meaning more often feeds) i keep this consistent through grow/flower. The plant only uptakes what she needs. Nutrients are measured each week and recirculated and topped up with fresh water late in the week to dilute before weekly flush. I Flood the entire system by closing the bottom off with a tap, and fill to the brim, and dispose of flush/once a week. Very easy, very simple. The res also houses 1 airstone with a good powerful air pump.

Beautiful macro shots of your mouth-watering oil bro! Really, that stuff looks absolutely delicious. Good job making that Flowamasta!
Thanx mate! much appreciated! you're making me keen for a blob! i gotta fly for tea though! i'm out, seeyas :)

thanx all for being here!

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Thanks alot Flowa, sorry that I missed it in the beginning. Thats a cool hybrid bucket of a hempy and recirc. hydro system, cool shit.

entropy99

entropy99

Damn dude, you've been busy since my last visit. Sweet work man, loving each and every update in this thread.

flowamasta

flowamasta

Thanks alot Flowa, sorry that I missed it in the beginning. Thats a cool hybrid bucket of a hempy and recirc. hydro system, cool shit.
no need to apologize man, i forget what even post most of the time :p thanx for the compliment, she is a cool custom setup. I was very lucky to be able to learn this method early on, with the added knowledge of doing a bit of outdoor in the past, i was destined to grow!! There isn't much i want to change with this setup , maybe lighting changes in the future, i would like to see what does what with a bit of trial and error.

Damn dude, you've been busy since my last visit. Sweet work man, loving each and every update in this thread.

busy i have been :) i really want to get IN the tent soon, so i will ring the landlord and find out tomorrow if they are indeed coming soon or they wait until the next time.....this girl is looking fine indeed now, day 14, at 2 weeks old she is in full veg mode and growing a couple of inches per day.

A few shots of some primo UVB exposed nug....still curing this, but have sampled some, and wow period.

day 14 veg shots below budshots

SAM 4310
SAM 4311
SAM 4315
SAM 4318
SAM 4319

flowamasta

flowamasta

primo buds bro. so sticky they must be a right bastard to chop up!

neverbreak
you are dead-set correct i have ruined my mulcher that is literally a hand turning 4 bladed slit slicer, it just bungs everything up and sticks to the blades. I have given up on that now as it starting to bend the blades and slits :( and i'm sick of scraping the hash off the blades every 2 chops....otherwise it just bungs more resin ontop of more and the goodness is going off my nug!! :eek: so sharp clean scissors, back to old-school ways!! damn it. back to wrist cramps and unappreciated chopping pleasures. BUT the nug certainly makes up for it i just chop more in 1 sesh.....aaaaaaaand end up smokin more :p

neverbreak

neverbreak

bahaha, all part of the simple pleasures of smoking bro! i love me an old school chop. part of the tradition and so therapeutic. gets me in the mood for kicking back and smokin' up a storm!

neverbreak.

Top Bottom