Flowering Under 315 Cmh

• Thread starter EverAfterOC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

They cant be run in air cooled hoods. I thought about the combined but their foot print is so small unless you move your plants around (I can't I grow rdwc) they are useless.

False once again

PLESSE stop posting things that are not true. I run 7x 315 ALL in ac hoods. As well as many many many growers over at IC. Where I got my start with cmh bulbs.

T9 are single jacket made for ac hoods.
T12 are double jacket, made for open hoods.

I may have the t9 and t12 nunbers backwards.

C

CreamCorn

The 315cmh biggest positive is the effenciantcy. Air cooled hoods take away from that due to the bulb not reaching its ideal temp and the tempered glass diffuses the light. Both of these reduce light transmission. With hps this is ok because you can now get the hood closer to the plant. In cmh this isn't needed because you can get the light close in an open hood.

The glass also filters out uv light. Uv light is another huge plus of cmh bulbs.

So your taking an efficient lamp that produce uv light and putting it in a hood that makes it less efficient and hurts the uv output.

just because your running it doesn't me your running it to its full potential. And I don't get why your making it sound like I'm on this forum spreading miss info.

C

CreamCorn

False once again

PLESSE stop posting things that are not true. I run 7x 315 ALL in ac hoods. As well as many many many growers over at IC. Where I got my start with cmh bulbs.

T9 are single jacket made for ac hoods.
T12 are double jacket, made for open hoods.

I may have the t9 and t12 nunbers backwards.

Is their a reason why your coming off as a dick? False again? What else have I said that's false? I'm glad they are working for you, but I was consider buying them for efficiency, and air cooling them takes away from that.

Would you buy a Prius hybrid and turn it into a race car. Sure you can but why pay a premium for the efficiency and then modify it and take away from said efficiency.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Cause your posting up false information!

Do some research before you post things on here. It will help a lot of ppl in the long run from reading false facts. I've done my research for many months before my purchase.

C

CreamCorn

So glass doesn't block uv light? You don't loose light by having a glass lens? Cooling a bulb so it doesn't reach operating temp is a good thing? You payed top dollar for a very efficient light and you are loosing efficiency using an air cooled hood. Those are facts.

C

CreamCorn

I noticed your response didn't discredit anything I said. Just stating do your research I did and you're spreading false info doesn't make your right.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Stop already before you get on my ignore list.
YOU state you can't run cmh in ac hoods.
FALSE!

They make single and double jacket bulbs JUDT FOT THID!

Please do seem research before posting lies.

Nvr mind. On ignore. Welcome to the lonely party.

C

CreamCorn

Ok maybe I should have replaced not with shouldn't. Notice you can't answer my question. That says it all. 'Stop" why because you can't answer my question? Just answer them. You keep stating your right and with all your reasearch you have stated that you have done it shouldn't be hard.

Again glass doesn't block uv light? Is that not a fact? You don't loose light by having a glass lens? Cooling a bulb so it doesn't reach it's designed operating temperature is a good thing?

C

CreamCorn

Shocked you can't answer my questions with all that research you did.

hammerhead

hammerhead

Old Farmer
Supporter
FYI, Specific types of glass will not bock UV. I use borosilicate glass shields on my 630 CMH bulbs. Borosilicate glass compositions can be designed to either transmit UV light (as far down as UV-C) or to absorb UV light at targeted cut-off wavelengths, depending on the application. Any glass will reduce PAR by about 5%. Phantoms 315 air cooled hoods are designed to prevent direct cooling. There is a opening at the top. Since hot air rises its drawn up and out. Air is not blown or sucked across the bulb. I use these hoods.

There are 4 plants here about 30" tall. Some are 36"... All 4 where vegged under 2 315w 942. I put them in flower about a week ago under my DIY 942/930 wing.

DSCN2601
DSCN2605
DSCN2607

Last edited:
C

CreamCorn

Most air cooled hoods do not have that glass especially the ones people are retro fitting. I will take your word on the hood again most don't offer that (does it vent back into the room or can you attach duct to it). At the end of the day it is still less efficient to run any lamp in a sealed hood. Why spend top dollar for an efficient light and us it this way. It is not cost effective to replace hps or mh with a cmh.

C

CreamCorn

It appears your only using one light like mentioned before I was comparing it to needing 32 plus.

hammerhead

hammerhead

Old Farmer
Supporter
I have 7 CMH lights. That is my test tent with 2 315's. I did all my CMH testing with a Sun Systems 630 in that tent. Plants turned out fantastic. I get about 10 days faster flowering time. I use less power, Cooling the room is easier. I'm not seeing any noticeable diminished yield returns. Everything I ran was 630w vs 1kw hps. The tent ran much hotter with the 1kw hps. Plants are much happier under CMH in my garden.. If any cant get the results they like they should move on. I have read some are not happy with there CMH results. I can't say the same.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I have 7 CMH lights. That is my test tent with 2 315's. I did all my CMH testing with a Sun Systems 630 in that tent. Plants turned out fantastic. I get about 10 days faster flowering time. I use less power, Cooling the room is easier. I'm not seeing any noticeable diminished yield returns. Everything I ran was 630w vs 1kw hps. The tent ran much hotter with the 1kw hps. Plants are much happier under CMH in my garden.. If any cant get the results they like they should move on. I have read some are not happy with there CMH results. I can't say the same.

I have been noticing about 10 days sooner finish across all my strains now too. Even just adding the cmh to hps.

C

CreamCorn

The best part of these light is the spectrum. It is the closest to the sun. I personally don't know,if i agree with the shortening of flower cycle. Flowering time is genetics. But if that same plant has a quicker flower out doors I would expect these lights to be around the same time. I find in harder to believe when manufactures of light make these types of claims.

My room is abot 24x18. In that room I have a mix of mh and hps all in sealed air cooled hoods. This room has a 2 ton a/c. I am able to fully control my environment. To replace my 12 600w bulbs I would need about 18 open cmh bulbs. That same 2 ton a/c I don't think will be able to cool that room. Yeah I could put these ($400 lights ) in air cooled hood at an added cost. It also takes away from the light by doing this. Not only will these highly efficient light in air cooled hoods cost more they are now even less efficient. So in this room I could upgrade to air cooled cmh for around $11k. I think I'm over stating but let's say they save me $500 a month on electricity. And it will save me a bulb change so that $600 for a year. It would take 21 month for that return. That's not worth it Every 6 months to a yeah something new is popping out plus the political eviornment is heating up against cannabis. I think I will stick to my current setup the I know what I can expect from it. Now if I was starting out and building a room I would consider these

These are great lights but not a game changer like some make it seem. If it was a game changer it would make a lot more sense to replace my current setup with them

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The best part of these light is the spectrum. It is the closest to the sun. I personally don't know,if i agree with the shortening of flower cycle. Flowering time is genetics. But if that same plant has a quicker flower out doors I would expect these lights to be around the same time. I find in harder to believe when manufactures of light make these types of claims.

My room is abot 24x18. In that room I have a mix of mh and hps all in sealed air cooled hoods. This room has a 2 ton a/c. I am able to fully control my environment. To replace my 12 600w bulbs I would need about 18 open cmh bulbs. That same 2 ton a/c I don't think will be able to cool that room. Yeah I could put these ($400 lights ) in air cooled hood at an added cost. It also takes away from the light by doing this. Not only will these highly efficient light in air cooled hoods cost more they are now even less efficient. So in this room I could upgrade to air cooled cmh for around $11k. I think I'm over stating but let's say they save me $500 a month on electricity. And it will save me a bulb change so that $600 for a year. It would take 21 month for that return. That's not worth it Every 6 months to a yeah something new is popping out plus the political eviornment is heating up against cannabis. I think I will stick to my current setup the I know what I can expect from it. Now if I was starting out and building a room I would consider these

These are great lights but not a game changer like some make it seem. If it was a game changer it would make a lot more sense to replace my current setup with them

A manufacturer didn't make the claim. We did. And we are telling you that the lamps have proven to shorten flowering time. I harvest a seed plant or clone plant per week. I can see clearly by my nute notes.

I am still not saying it is the right thing for you. I don't want to replace anything. I am going 1 to 1 with my 600's likely when I build my next room. I am out of space now.

And I haven't even tried led yet so what do I know?

But you are still defending your position pretty hard so I think you must want them. I would just replace the mh lamps from what you say. Just for the way longer bulb life. Performance has been proven already. We are just adding what we see in our gardens.

Just to add. I only had hps in flower before the last few months. I am comparing flowering time of established clones before and after adding 1 cmh to 2 600 hps. It was so apparent they were finishing I had tapered feed a week early and lost 20% yield on those plants. However. I can re learn their cycle and make up for the loss I'm sure and also fit one more in my system as I will have a space early. So basically more yield at the higher quality of fuller spectrum. Win win for me.

C

CreamCorn

I'm telling you manufactures are making the same claim. And am very wary of that claim no matter who it comes from. If it's fast soon that's always a good claim. I would rather a bud that packed on more in the extra time.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I'm telling you manufactures are making the same claim. And am very wary of that claim no matter who it comes from. If it's fast soon that's always a good claim. I would rather a bud that packed on more in the extra time.

I don't listen to unsubstantiated claims from marketing. I used the University of Utah information and professional growers with data.

But I did not pay attention to the claims of shorter flowering. It just happened. And since my breeder was telling me that my plants were flowering unusually long maybe the shorter length is because of the better spectrum. As the breeder has many outdoor projects. I just try to grow the happiest plants I can man. The facts are all out there. The tech is not that new. Grow how you like and believe what you will.

My plants flower sooner now and are definitely frostiest and more potent and tasty. And when you open a jar it is pungeont and unique. And that's all I care about. Cannabanoids and terpenes.

Ignignokt

Ignignokt

I have been noticing about 10 days sooner finish across all my strains now too. Even just adding the cmh to hps.
This is a result of improving the spectrum spread ( and photoactive power a.k.a. DLI during the light period reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daily_light_integral ) and improving the missing or weak wavelengths produced by HPS lamp technology. Review the spectrum charts for the bulbs used and (mentally) overlay them.

Recall that CMH was originally designed for showrooms to ensure accurate color rendition in large indoor spaces. We are lucky to have them as an option - I think many will find they reduce overall costs from all I see reported. Great light, reduced heat load. I also hear the footprint disappoints. The one thing I have not heard much about: Are overall health and disease problems less? Besides the apparent quicker finish... any potency test results anyone could share?

(warning: not responsible for rogue wikipedia bots)

C

CreamCorn

Do you feel it's yielding the same with a longer flowering time. Or is it lighter because it ripped earlier.

Top Bottom