Flowering Under 315 Cmh

• Thread starter EverAfterOC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JMcG

JMcG

I'm runn

I'm running two 315s in a 4x8...3100k Phillips agro bulbs,I'm getting totally different accents coming through,on plants I've grown all year..the growth is different,the smell,there's lots of cool points.ive had deficiancys.but I'm not gonna blame the 3100k bulbs,as I'm being idle at the moment,new job,so its probably me.
Two 315s in a 4 x8 you say?
That stretches the 3' footprint that they recommend doesn't it?
How high above the canopy are you?

JMcG

JMcG

If I use a conversion kit for a 315 and stick with the standard horizontal reflective hoods that are more rectangular than the vertical hoods that come with the standard 315 kits , which tend to be more square, that should give a better footprint right? More rectangular?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

If I use a conversion kit for a 315 and stick with the standard horizontal reflective hoods that are more rectangular than the vertical hoods that come with the standard 315 kits , which tend to be more square, that should give a better footprint right? More rectangular?

I am positive it would take 3 315's regardless of reflector. They are more like a 400w hps not even for footprint each. 2.7' x 2.7' on average

keiksweat

keiksweat

Two 315s in a 4 x8 you say?
That stretches the 3' footprint that they recommend doesn't it?
How high above the canopy are you?
yeah mate,far from ideal,but I don't really use the ends of the tent.have tea brewing one end,and fans on upside down buckets the other.lol. But,like I say,just testing at the moment bro.will add some led to next run.im loving them though,real cool spectrum..

keiksweat

keiksweat

I've heard vertical hoods are best.gonna get some round parabolics eventually ,with vert holders....

Freshone

Freshone

The large facilities running 315s run them at 5 per 4x8,I know that sounds Overkill but their yields back it up.I think at least 3 over a 4x8 would do well for most of us while cutting electrical in 1/2.
Never seen the Illuminati ballasts jmg,they are priced well.

JMcG

JMcG

The large facilities running 315s run them at 5 per 4x8,I know that sounds Overkill but their yields back it up.I think at least 3 over a 4x8 would do well for most of us while cutting electrical in 1/2.
Never seen the Illuminati ballasts jmg,they are priced well.
Yup. A good price, similar to the prisms but without the cord. Shouldn't need that should I? Isn't it the same cord as a Phantom 600 hps? Or is it specific to the Cmh ballast? Looks the same.

hammerhead

hammerhead

Old Farmer
Supporter
Don't forget we dont have to hang multiple 315's anymore. My wall was filling up quick with 315 ballast. I went with 5 630 DE CMH lights.. If you can get wholesale pricing there not expensive.

User414559 pic1684510 1481751817

Freshone

Freshone

Are you running on 240v hammerhead?I noticed those come with a 120v plug and some kind of 240v adapter?What's that all about?

hammerhead

hammerhead

Old Farmer
Supporter
Most ballast vendors will send cords for both. GC decided to just use an adapter.. Its not a cheap adapter looks decent. Has ceramic insulators on the 240v side. 120v side looks gold plated. I am running 240v.

keiksweat

keiksweat

Don't forget we dont have to hang multiple 315's anymore. My wall was filling up quick with 315 ballast. I went with 5 630 DE CMH lights.. If you can get wholesale pricing there not expensive.

View attachment 678984
you can now get 630 ballast with two separate reflectors,one each side of the ballast...sunplix do a nice one,remote ,and dimmable.

JMcG

JMcG

Juts ordered one of those Illuminati kits!
Thought I would try one out and see how it compares to those Prism units DT!

Latest posts

Top Bottom