flushing debate.

• Thread starter DixinCider
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

greenbastards

I can't believe thiers still people out thier that don't flush! Definitly flush your plants man. You will get much cleaner buds... It will burn with a nice white ash, and no crackle.

H

hydrotran

I can't believe thiers still people out thier that don't flush! Definitly flush your plants man. You will get much cleaner buds... It will burn with a nice white ash, and no crackle.

Jackmayoffer flushes with overdrive... I also read in alot of other post there is no need to flush. I will be doing this overdrive flush very shortly I will let you know how it goes. I usually do a h2o flush but this time I am not.

M

medicine21

Google "The Truth about Flushing". You may never flush again. Instead you may be "making it rain" and "drowning". Those who've done it, never look back.

Bottom line is if you don't overfeed during the cycle, there is no need to flush. In fact you will deprive the plants of essential nutrients when they are putting on the final weight.

G

greenbastards

Jackmayoffer flushes with overdrive... I also read in alot of other post there is no need to flush. I will be doing this overdrive flush very shortly I will let you know how it goes. I usually do a h2o flush but this time I am not.

I know a lot of people say that theirs no need to flush... But it all depends on how hard you've been feeding with your nutrients as well. If you've been feeding really light all the way through, its probably not going to be an issue. but If you feed heavily their will be build up on the roots and in your growing medium, and its important to flush out that build up of minerals and salts. It will ensure a correct nutrient profile, making the health of your plant better and get maximum growth. Thats what ive been taught and read and its seemed to make a difference.

drknockbootz

drknockbootz

Ive done runs where I didnt flush and runs where the plant didnt fade and was flushed with low ec solution. Burned to a white ash everytime.....just wondering why was that? Since everyone says that if it burns to a white ash, it was flushed. I def say it was'nt the best tasting weed Ive grown.

CannadianCream

CannadianCream

I thought it depended on the situation:
like if i used synthetic liquid nutrients in that case i would stop feeding a few weeks before they finish let the plant do it thing not dump gallons of water on it. If i used dry organic nutrients mixed in the soil or topdressed the plant, doesnt that work through the relationship between bacteria etc and the plant. The plant would be choosing what it wants right? So i wouldn't be using excessive water at the end of its lifecycle or stop feeding it because it knows it own time and it will choose. Idk i always thought that this was more a thing for liquid water soluble nutrients or for synthetics. I was under the impression that flushing or just using plain was circumstantial not just a give in. Just my 2 cents.

brownstormy

brownstormy

According to cigar aficionados, the white ash is due to high Mag content.
So we should be careful assuming flushing alone leads to "clean", white ash. Or that white ash is "clean". I believe the texture (light n fluffy when done), taste and burning qualities (no fireworks) may be better gauges.

You also need to consider the medium's ability to store salts and other crap. Flushing a rockwool cube in a dwc setup is much easier/quicker and perhaps less necessary than flushing a higher CEC soil-less mix or even hydroton.

K

kes5480

I was under the impression that we as indoor growers are tryin to mimic mother nature. So when do outdoor plants growin wild get there flush from mother nature??
Im just curious....as i always flush and plan to flush. I use florakleen from general hydroponics and only flush last week of flower(usually more like 10days).
But...I have pulled plants early for different reasons and even those that got no flush the buds always burned to a white ash....im sure it depends on the nutes u use.

Anyways like I was saying when does mother nature "flush" natural growing wild marijuana plants????

KeS

brownstormy

brownstormy

Anyways like I was saying when does mother nature "flush" natural growing wild marijuana plants????

KeS

Mother nature doesn't.
Along with lots of other stuff mother nature doesn't do... Like supersaturating the soil surrounding each plant with highly targeted, high quality and highly available nutrients - then ensuring constant and consistent delivery with a watering schedule :)

W

willy led wonka

not really sure why you wouldnt ph your flush water?? After all, how are they supposed to use the nutrients left inside the plant when the ph is all out of wack?? It only makes sense to ph during the flush. I can see not flushing also. If your running a really low ppm mix throught the flowering phase I can see where its not necessary. It seems like these days with the flushing agents out there it allows growers to push plants farther with nutes and then flush the last week. Im not saying i do this. I just understand how this how this whole over-nuting plants can come about. Even for the most seasoned grower. I do flush at week 4 for a couple of hours with florakleen to keep my plants and medium healthy--in hydro and NFT. I also prefer to run straight water the last 14 days on my plants and watch the meters. My hanna meter pretty much lets you know by the ppms going from x @ the start of flushing to a higher ppm (y) when they are done feeding and are not taking on nutes or water. It signals the finish along with how the trichomes look and a few other factors.

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

Id love to here how you flush organic soils.......me no understandy?

Q

QCweedisbetter

i use drip clean the 1 week i flush .i try to do 4flush dont adjust ph ive heard different ph at the end is good for your buds i heard to lower youre ph naturaly try lemon juice or other havent tried it yet what about the midtime rince

singingcrow

singingcrow

New to this ,, what's ro water?

Hi Mike! Welcome! RO = Reverse Osmosis water. The process wastes quite a bit of water so lots of growers shy away from it. Some swear by it. Nice thing about THC Farmer (Which we just call "the farm" sometimes) is you can hear everyone's opinion and do what works best for you and your own grow.

I do that a lot. Some of my favorite peeps for good advice:

MarkCastle
Texas Kid
Capulator
Motherlode
SeaMaiden

Hope that helps, Lisa

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
i use drip clean the 1 week i flush .i try to do 4flush dont adjust ph ive heard different ph at the end is good for your buds i heard to lower youre ph naturaly try lemon juice or other havent tried it yet what about the midtime rince
I started using drip clean with every feeding. I'm not sure how I'll flush. I love the variety of opinions on the topic.

outwest

Q

QCweedisbetter

hey out west drip clean is a flushing product witch means it changes the polarity of your nuts witch means they cant absorb it anymore im not sure its ok to give that with youre feedings somebody correct me if im wrong

D

Diggler

I read some say on here they still flush with some carbs(molasses). Does anybody want to elaborate on this a little more? Add carbs the whole way threw your flush period? If so how much per gallon? I generally use 5 to 15 mls per gallon.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
I dont ph my water for flushing>>>RO yes<<
>>why would you flush with acids and shit for??>>to each is own:)

gtd:passingjoint:

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
My RO has a low ph so I add silica (protekt) to raise the ph where I want it

Top Bottom