Flushing- Myth? Fact? or Lore?

HeyabbyGrowBox

Anyone Can Grow
Supporter
For years there has been a lot of confusion and contradictory information put out about flushing cannabis. Some say “you have flush for at least 2 weeks”, others believe that “flushing is a myth, and isn’t necessary when growing hydroponically”. Well, its is important- And it can large affect on the end product. See, Chlorophyl is the compound in the plant that causes harsh-burning, dark ashed flower - Nitrogen is the responsible chemical for aiding in the production of chlorophyl. If you were capable of removing as much chlorophyl from the plant from the plant near the end of growth, wouldn’t you? Well, you can! It is possible- By giving your plant a solid flush near the end of the cycle. You don’t need to soak and/or wash out the medium or roots with tons of water- data actually proves that over loading the plant with water near end of life can causes cells to burst. And since the plant is near death, with no mineral intake, it virtually has no immune system. This often times leads to botrytis(bud rot) or other mold/mildew accumulation. A better practice for flushing, if possible, is to remove only the nitrogen from the feeding/nutrients solution for the last week/s of flowering. If done properly you will see a general yellowing or discoloration of fan leaves- this is a clear indication that you have successful flushed out a majority of the nitrogen within the pant tissue! This practice has had a significant impact on bags appeal, and the over-all flavor, smell, and enjoyability of end product. Give it a try, and see how much better your flower gets!
-Hey Abby Grow experts

Bilber

Bilber

For years there has been a lot of confusion and contradictory information put out about flushing cannabis. Some say “you have flush for at least 2 weeks”, others believe that “flushing is a myth, and isn’t necessary when growing hydroponically”. Well, its is important- And it can large affect on the end product. See, Chlorophyl is the compound in the plant that causes harsh-burning, dark ashed flower - Nitrogen is the responsible chemical for aiding in the production of chlorophyl. If you were capable of removing as much chlorophyl from the plant from the plant near the end of growth, wouldn’t you? Well, you can! It is possible- By giving your plant a solid flush near the end of the cycle. You don’t need to soak and/or wash out the medium or roots with tons of water- data actually proves that over loading the plant with water near end of life can causes cells to burst. And since the plant is near death, with no mineral intake, it virtually has no immune system. This often times leads to botrytis(bud rot) or other mold/mildew accumulation. A better practice for flushing, if possible, is to remove only the nitrogen from the feeding/nutrients solution for the last week/s of flowering. If done properly you will see a general yellowing or discoloration of fan leaves- this is a clear indication that you have successful flushed out a majority of the nitrogen within the pant tissue! This practice has had a significant impact on bags appeal, and the over-all flavor, smell, and enjoyability of end product. Give it a try, and see how much better your flower gets!
-Hey Abby Grow experts
I'm not sure...........

EVERYTHING I read up about flush or no flush........it always ends the same 50/50.......

100% of the time I water/ feed, ( I burn a few while I'm doing it.....done properly, I get high..... ) I have run-off......

Probably not as much run-off as needed, but by the time I'm done, the run-off looks clean.........not dark.......

Why would I let me plants sit in their feces.......yes.....you heard it..........

Oh yeah....by the way.....I use 50ish/50ish mix of peat and perlite.......

Maybe not advisable for soil grows, I would think, because it washes the soil of the nutes.....I would still have run-off in soil...........

As for the Flush........

I'm not growing a toilet 🚽..........ha....

On a serious note, I kinda do flush my plants the last watering......no food........just like my watering/feed.......

Till it runs clear......well.....the color of the nutes......

Still not sold on the " Grow Science " of 24, 35, or even 48 hrs darkness before choppy-chop.......

I do 24 - 36 hour darkness......

Does it work?...................Who knows........

I do it because it sounds realistic......plants heal and build and strengthen at lights out......soooooo......

PurpleGreen

PurpleGreen

Flushing cannabis is like the never-ending debate in the growing world. Some swear by it, claiming it improves the taste and smoothness of the buds. Others think it's a myth and not necessary, especially in hydroponic setups. So, it's really up to you to decide if you want to give it a go

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Maybe a little common sense with something like this, although lord knows my common sense is often much heavier on the common....

Backing off on chemicsl fertilizers in the final stage seems like the right thing to do. Maybe decreasing chlorophyll content is also helpful. Maybe some other elements/compounds......here's where it can get a little sketchy and into bro science. There's real science, which is hard to argue with........does eliminating feeding, especially chemical fertilizers.....does it decrease the presence of certain elements/compounds in the final product? If so, which ones? And, does decreasing them actually lead to more/better flavor, less "bad" flavor.......now we're getting into the subjective. If you insist that you prefer weed that was withheld nutrients in the final days, then that's what you prefer.

The other side of this is whether something is lost by withholding feeding in the final days. How does it affect the resin? How about terpenes and other flavor/aroma compounds?

I would tend to withold chemical fertilizers near the end. As far as natural fertilizers.......I mean, I don't see any reason to add them at the end, unless science can show it would actually help/improve the final product. To take that a step further, is there anything we can ADD near the end that would make a measurable, noticeable improvement?

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

@Jmaes Mabley
score with the science article. No net gain on terpenes or yield when flushing. Well a little improvement at the 14 day flushing mark.
sooo if you take 2 weeks extra and many many gallons of water you will see single digit percentage increase.
sounds like flushing is a shitty idea

Bilber

Bilber

@Jmaes Mabley
score with the science article. No net gain on terpenes or yield when flushing. Well a little improvement at the 14 day flushing mark.
sooo if you take 2 weeks extra and many many gallons of water you will see single digit percentage increase.
Shitty.............I love it.......

Throughout all my grows, I've recently started, not flushing per se, but leaching I guess is the word I'm looking for.....

Does it help? They always look great after the darkness.....I truly can not give an honest answer....I do not have a controlled way to do a realistic comparison either way......

Yes......there has been studies, but there is no direct scientific proof of advantages or disadvantages......

I've tried numerous different methods of growing, training, etc.......I'm always looking to improve......

If something I read or hear sounds legit or feasible, I'm in.......hence lights out at least 24 hrs before harvest.......36 - 48 hrs of darkness is my preferred method.......

The one thing that bothers me about this whole flush, not flush thing is.............

I lose 36 - 48 hrs of growth.........

Or do I ???????

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
As for the Flush........

I was out of town with a week to go before harvest, so I asked my wife to flush the plants........

I should have been more specific. :
@Jmaes Mabley
It seems logical that water-only near the end wouldn't ADD to terps and yield. But does it decrease the presence of chemical fertilizers? Or anything else unwanted? Flavor can improve by the absence of bad things. There are chemicals they didn't test for.

The minerals content of the test is interesting......one thing that needs to be clarified unless I missed it, is what is "flushing". Is it just water only or some more aggressive process?

The taste-test stuff is of course subjective.

Another thing that could help is a study comparing a 7 day flush to 0 instead of 14 to 0.

I see they did 7......see, I read it too quick.

Was the testing done by a fertilizer company using their own products?

Also, what about differences between from plant to plsnt? Or were they clones under exactly the same environments?

Last edited:
Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

I was out of town with a week to go before harvest, so I asked my wife to flush the plants........

I should have been more specific. :

It seems logical that water-only near the end wouldn't ADD to terps and yield. But does it decrease the presence of chemical fertilizers? Or anything else unwanted? Flavor can improve by the absence of bad things. There are chemicals they didn't test for.

The minerals content of the test is interesting......one thing that needs to be clarified unless I missed it, is what is "flushing". Is it just water only or some more aggressive process?

The taste-test stuff is of course subjective.

Another thing that could help is a study comparing a 7 day flush to 0 instead of 14 to 0.

I see they did 7......see, I read it too quick.

Was the testing done by a fertilizer company using their own products?

Also, what about differences between from plant to plsnt? Or were they clones under exactly the same environments?

Each sample given to people to smoke, was done blind. They didnt know what they were given. Each person was given a sample from each flushing period. They used their own fertilizer.

They were grown in the same room/environment.

And most, if not all the chemical testing was done by a 3rd party.

Cannabis variety Cherry Diesel (Cherry OG x Turbo Diesel) was grown at the Rx Green Technologies R&D Facility using Rx Green Technologies nutrients and Clean Coco. Grow A, Grow B and E-Plus were fed during the vegetative stage and Bloom A, Bloom B, E-Plus, and Bulk were fed during the flowering cycle. The first flushing period began 14 days before harvest. The other flushing periods were ten, seven, and zero days before harvest. Each flushing period was tested on 12 different Cherry Diesel plants divided into four different groups (replications) spread evenly across the flowering room tables. Flower and fan leaf samples were collected from each flushing treatment the first day of flush and the day before harvest to quantify concentrations of essential plant nutrients. After harvest, trial plants were cured before determining final trimmed flower weight, terpene and THC concentrations. Trim was evaluated by an extractor for THC, yield, and appearance of the extract or “wax”.

To determine smoking flavor and characteristics, samples of each flushing period were distributed to Cannabis industry experts in a blind taste test. Each participant received one sample of each flushing time without knowledge of its treatment. Participants were asked about their personal Cannabis flavor preferences before tasting. After tasting, participants were asked to rate the sample for flavor, harshness of smoke, and color of ash.

Data collected during the course of the trial were analyzed statistically to determine whether flushing times affected smoking quality, flower weight, or chemical characteristics of Cannabis. Statistical analysis of data allows us to quantify whether differences in the numbers are due to the treatments imposed or are results of the natural variations observed when growing plants.

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

We all have to be skeptical when a fertilizer company release a study like that without all the papers and etc, said that, the study says that flushing don't change much, if at all (witch i agree), in chemical profile means. So why not water only for 7-15 days and save fertilizers and money right ? :-)

But the main thing i think is the nitrogen already stored inside fan leafs, that's the biggest problem imo with harsh burning and long curing buds.
So the senescence of a plant has to happen for it to burn smooth and cure faster and have higher quality overall, flushing does help with bringing out the plant natural senescence in my experience.

I'm not anal about it, i did go water only for last week or two many times with good results, also did go lowering ec to 250us slowly at the end of flower, but i prefer to lower ferts to half at week 8 (ec 1000 us/cm for my style of grow), than flush to ec250 us/cm first day of week 9 and wait it to dryback before harvest at the end of week 9 (this last dryback will bring ec up again to maybe 500us inside the media? maybe even more)

This for a nine week strain, witch is the max time i would want a cultivar to be flowering in my grows. I don't like working with long flowering times indoors.

Last edited:
Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Shitty.............I love it.......

Throughout all my grows, I've recently started, not flushing per se, but leaching I guess is the word I'm looking for.....

Does it help? They always look great after the darkness.....I truly can not give an honest answer....I do not have a controlled way to do a realistic comparison either way......

Yes......there has been studies, but there is no direct scientific proof of advantages or disadvantages......

I've tried numerous different methods of growing, training, etc.......I'm always looking to improve......

If something I read or hear sounds legit or feasible, I'm in.......hence lights out at least 24 hrs before harvest.......36 - 48 hrs of darkness is my preferred method.......

The one thing that bothers me about this whole flush, not flush thing is.............

I lose 36 - 48 hrs of growth.........

Or do I ???????

Each sample given to people to smoke, was done blind. They didnt know what they were given. Each person was given a sample from each flushing period. They used their own fertilizer.

They were grown in the same room/environment.

And most, if not all the chemical testing was done by a 3rd party.

Cannabis variety Cherry Diesel (Cherry OG x Turbo Diesel) was grown at the Rx Green Technologies R&D Facility using Rx Green Technologies nutrients and Clean Coco. Grow A, Grow B and E-Plus were fed during the vegetative stage and Bloom A, Bloom B, E-Plus, and Bulk were fed during the flowering cycle. The first flushing period began 14 days before harvest. The other flushing periods were ten, seven, and zero days before harvest. Each flushing period was tested on 12 different Cherry Diesel plants divided into four different groups (replications) spread evenly across the flowering room tables. Flower and fan leaf samples were collected from each flushing treatment the first day of flush and the day before harvest to quantify concentrations of essential plant nutrients. After harvest, trial plants were cured before determining final trimmed flower weight, terpene and THC concentrations. Trim was evaluated by an extractor for THC, yield, and appearance of the extract or “wax”.

To determine smoking flavor and characteristics, samples of each flushing period were distributed to Cannabis industry experts in a blind taste test. Each participant received one sample of each flushing time without knowledge of its treatment. Participants were asked about their personal Cannabis flavor preferences before tasting. After tasting, participants were asked to rate the sample for flavor, harshness of smoke, and color of ash.

Data collected during the course of the trial were analyzed statistically to determine whether flushing times affected smoking quality, flower weight, or chemical characteristics of Cannabis. Statistical analysis of data allows us to quantify whether differences in the numbers are due to the treatments imposed or are results of the natural variations observed when growing plants.
Subjective is still subjective. It was only these people, and much of the ratings were close. And it's one study, I don't know how good the controls were or weren't. This is where peer-reviewed can be helpful.

It still doesn't address a range of potentially more harmful chemicals.

It's all good by me. I don't intend to use chemical fertilizers, or other kinds of chemicals, but if I did, I would go water only for a good week. There appears to be no downside other than some slight preferences by one group of people.

And no, my wife did not actually flush plants down the toilet. ;)

Last edited:
Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I'm not sure...........

EVERYTHING I read up about flush or no flush........it always ends the same 50/50.......

100% of the time I water/ feed, ( I burn a few while I'm doing it.....done properly, I get high..... ) I have run-off......

Probably not as much run-off as needed, but by the time I'm done, the run-off looks clean.........not dark.......

Why would I let me plants sit in their feces.......yes.....you heard it..........

Oh yeah....by the way.....I use 50ish/50ish mix of peat and perlite.......

Maybe not advisable for soil grows, I would think, because it washes the soil of the nutes.....I would still have run-off in soil...........

As for the Flush........

On a serious note, I kinda do flush my plants the last watering......no food........just like my watering/feed.......

Till it runs clear......well.....the color of the nutes......

Still not sold on the " Grow Science " of 24, 35, or even 48 hrs darkness before choppy-chop.......

I do 24 - 36 hour darkness......

Does it work?...................Who knows........

I do it because it sounds realistic......plants heal and build and strengthen at lights out......soooooo......
The ending light cycle is an interesting one. If it matters, we're talking resin production, thc (and of course other cannabinoids...)levels, possibly terpenes and other wanted stuff. Withholding light certainly stops chlorophyll production, but all those other things matter too. We do have the benefit of knowing what nature does. Days are shorter in October than August, the sun is weaker, it usually cools off, although lately that's been a toss-up. Does going from 12/12 to 10/14 near the end help? Would cutting it back even more help? What does 24 or more hours of darkness do to a mature plant? Do temperature changes do anything?

We're probably not going to find significant changes with most of this......back to personal preferences. 28 hours less lights on does mean 28 hours less electricity consumption.

As time goes on there will probably be more real, scientific studies done. Maybe there will be a little tweaking of certain things. The one that so far seems the most promising is dialing in a certain amount of UVB in a certain way......

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
We all have to be skeptical when a fertilizer company release a study like that without all the papers and etc, said that, the study says that flushing don't change much, if at all (witch i agree), in chemical profile means. So why not water only for 7-15 days and save fertilizers and money right ? :-)

But the main thing i think is the nitrogen already stored inside fan leafs, that's the biggest problem imo with harsh burning and long curing buds.
So the senescence of a plant has to happen for it to burn smooth and cure faster and have higher quality overall, flushing does help with bringing out the plant natural senescence in my experience.

I'm not anal about it, i did go water only for last week or two many times with good results, also did go lowering ec to 250us slowly at the end of flower, but i prefer to lower ferts to half at week 8 (ec 1000 us/cm for my style of grow), than flush to ec250 us/cm first day of week 9 and wait it to dryback before harvest at the end of week 9 (this last dryback will bring ec up again to maybe 500us inside the media? maybe even more)

This for a nine week strain, witch is the max time i would want a cultivar to be flowering in my grows. I don't like working with long flowering times indoors.
This.

Ultimately, if our goal is to maximize what we want and minimize what we don't want, the answers are going to lie where we all know they are.........genetics.....then maximizing those genetics. Strong, useable light. Solid temps and humidity, a good medium, which probably means a very rich, living soil with a variety of great amendments, with all the things that soil needs to deliver as much nutrients as possible.......at an excellent Ph range. Plenty of root space, great air flow above and below the soil line. Or, a soilless medium with an excellent balance of all the nutrients for the plant to thrive. Properly thriving all the way to the end covers a lot of things.

Not harvesting too early, and a long, proper cure.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
I've said it a few times before, I'll say it again. It's a myth. But also a fact.

It's a myth that it will make any difference in your end product.

It's a fact that large commercial grows often "flush" just to save money on fertilizers. Nothing else.

Time and again I've harvested plants that have been fed heavy doses of fert just before harvest and it made literally no difference.

Some folks might still insist on it, but that's up to them, I reckon. Sometimes you can't change people's minds.

Either way I don't think it's something worth getting worked up about. If you feel you want or need to flush, do it. If not, don't. Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks, I always say.

🤠

Novaracer69

Novaracer69

I personally think it's a fact for most newer home growers. Strictly from over feeding. It is necessary in some cases where you have a problem.

B

BudzAldrin

Chlorophyll does not make bud harsh. If that was true withholding magnesium would eliminate the pigment more effectively. But it's not true. Many Cannabis aromas originate from leaf pigments. You want them to break down during the cure, you don't want to eliminate the plant of its flavor precursors before harvest.

Many Cannabis aromas also derive from nitrogen compounds in the plant. Cutting nitrogen in flower is sabotage. Eliminating Nitrate reduction during finish makes sense, because it's a vast amount of energy consumed going from Nitrate to peptides. Most finishing additives contain nitrogen, in the form of amino acids and proteins. You should feed nitrogen at the end, in the proper form.

Excess Calcium at the end is just as or even more detrimental to quality as Nitrate. So is P. If your P and K are in the same bottle, or your plant is powered by calnit, I bet your nute line features a flush product. Flushing agents are comprised of antagonists against Nitrate, calcium, and phosphorus, along with stimulants to wrap up mid stream metabolic processes.

Lots of people rely on the cure for their bud to stop smelling like early-intermediate metabolic processes. I want my weed to smell like hash at harvest, not like a shoe store, which may or may not cure into acceptable flavors/effects months later.

Fuel to me: "if isopropyl alcohol was made out of sour lemons and was drinkable "

Fuel to the PhosOD crew: New tennis balls, new tennis shoes. Main off flavor in Cannabis (other than contaminants)

Feeding Nitrate instead of aminos: = Weak flavor. No "harsh chlorophyll bad flavor". Just weak flavor and poor shelf holding.

Chlorophyll: Irrelevant to flavor or burn. Sells better than the proposed alternative pigments (pheophytins, olive brown).

The ending light cycle is an interesting one. If it matters, we're talking resin production, thc (and of course other cannabinoids...)levels, possibly terpenes and other wanted stuff. Withholding light certainly stops chlorophyll production, but all those other things matter too. We do have the benefit of knowing what nature does. Days are shorter in October than August, the sun is weaker, it usually cools off, although lately that's been a toss-up. Does going from 12/12 to 10/14 near the end help? Would cutting it back even more help? What does 24 or more hours of darkness do to a mature plant? Do temperature changes do anything?

We're probably not going to find significant changes with most of this......back to personal preferences. 28 hours less lights on does mean 28 hours less electricity consumption.

As time goes on there will probably be more real, scientific studies done. Maybe there will be a little tweaking of certain things. The one that so far seems the most promising is dialing in a certain amount of UVB in a certain way......

Halting photosynthesis halts sugar and lipid production. Why is everyone hung up chlorophyll. The Cannabis community has been blaming chlorophyll for bad weed as long as I can remember. It's absurd.

Sugar levels are highest at end of day. Over night the plant consumes its sugars in new growth (buds, in bloom). Plants know exactly how long their night is, exhausting their sugars at sunrise. Extending the dark period forces proteolysis, releasing the sulfur bearing amino acids required for the synthesis of many old school cannabis aromas.

The inconsistency in Cannabis data seems to stem from the fact that all modern Cannabis is mutt x mutt. If your plant wastes its energy on vape pen terpenes instead of weed aromas, you're essentially growing a different crop with different chemistry and metabolism than we all were decades ago.

It's hard to work with Cannabis grows who insist on growing dozens of someone else's new varieties every cycle. Uvb elicits a response from plants capable of a response. Nothing bred in a basement for generations. If you grow your own stuff repeatedly, congrats you're qualified to learn how your specific plants function:

Harvest one plant in the morning and leave under lights for 1 cycle. The plant continues to produce sugars and lipids.

Harvest one plant with an extended final day. Plants know their day length and respond to even changes.

Harvest one plant with an extended night. This will show whether your plant gets aromas from amino acids.

Dry one plant under lights. Darkness consumes carbs, which many cannabis flavors derive from.

Dry one plant in total darkness. You've done the same thing as harvesting after 3 days of darkness.

This is how people learn things, if their plant physiology knowledge isn't there. By trying different things and taking real world observations. I grew up on a farm. Watching the animals grazing pattern. Noting differences in hay harvested the same day as chop compared to overnight. Humans have been documenting cycles related to agricultural since the beginning. Pot growers took those cycles out of the equation and have not been able to observe since.

If I cut at 7 in the morning, does the stalk die by 7:15? Or does it keep producing sugars and lipids under the sun until it's dry enough to lay in the field at night without feeding those sugars and lipids to bacteria and fungi? Properly grown properly harvested hay smells sweet. It's not just cannabis growers who have lost sight of quality over time.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I don't think (most) people are talking about "eliminating", starving.......but slight adjustments that could make modest improvements. Unless it's about chemicals/toxins, .....then of course we'd want to prevent them.

Then there's what's subjective/taste, petsonal preferences. If someone likes it a certain way, then that's what they like.

HeyabbyGrowBox

Anyone Can Grow
Supporter
Chlorophyll does not make bud harsh. If that was true withholding magnesium would eliminate the pigment more effectively. But it's not true. Many Cannabis aromas originate from leaf pigments. You want them to break down during the cure, you don't want to eliminate the plant of its flavor precursors before harvest.

Many Cannabis aromas also derive from nitrogen compounds in the plant. Cutting nitrogen in flower is sabotage. Eliminating Nitrate reduction during finish makes sense, because it's a vast amount of energy consumed going from Nitrate to peptides. Most finishing additives contain nitrogen, in the form of amino acids and proteins. You should feed nitrogen at the end, in the proper form.

Excess Calcium at the end is just as or even more detrimental to quality as Nitrate. So is P. If your P and K are in the same bottle, or your plant is powered by calnit, I bet your nute line features a flush product. Flushing agents are comprised of antagonists against Nitrate, calcium, and phosphorus, along with stimulants to wrap up mid stream metabolic processes.

Lots of people rely on the cure for their bud to stop smelling like early-intermediate metabolic processes. I want my weed to smell like hash at harvest, not like a shoe store, which may or may not cure into acceptable flavors/effects months later.

Fuel to me: "if isopropyl alcohol was made out of sour lemons and was drinkable "

Fuel to the PhosOD crew: New tennis balls, new tennis shoes. Main off flavor in Cannabis (other than contaminants)

Feeding Nitrate instead of aminos: = Weak flavor. No "harsh chlorophyll bad flavor". Just weak flavor and poor shelf holding.

Chlorophyll: Irrelevant to flavor or burn. Sells better than the proposed alternative pigments (pheophytins, olive brown).

Halting photosynthesis halts sugar and lipid production. Why is everyone hung up chlorophyll. The Cannabis community has been blaming chlorophyll for bad weed as long as I can remember. It's absurd.

Sugar levels are highest at end of day. Over night the plant consumes its sugars in new growth (buds, in bloom). Plants know exactly how long their night is, exhausting their sugars at sunrise. Extending the dark period forces proteolysis, releasing the sulfur bearing amino acids required for the synthesis of many old school cannabis aromas.

The inconsistency in Cannabis data seems to stem from the fact that all modern Cannabis is mutt x mutt. If your plant wastes its energy on vape pen terpenes instead of weed aromas, you're essentially growing a different crop with different chemistry and metabolism than we all were decades ago.

It's hard to work with Cannabis grows who insist on growing dozens of someone else's new varieties every cycle. Uvb elicits a response from plants capable of a response. Nothing bred in a basement for generations. If you grow your own stuff repeatedly, congrats you're qualified to learn how your specific plants function:

Harvest one plant in the morning and leave under lights for 1 cycle. The plant continues to produce sugars and lipids.

Harvest one plant with an extended final day. Plants know their day length and respond to even changes.

Harvest one plant with an extended night. This will show whether your plant gets aromas from amino acids.

Dry one plant under lights. Darkness consumes carbs, which many cannabis flavors derive from.

Dry one plant in total darkness. You've done the same thing as harvesting after 3 days of darkness.

This is how people learn things, if their plant physiology knowledge isn't there. By trying different things and taking real world observations. I grew up on a farm. Watching the animals grazing pattern. Noting differences in hay harvested the same day as chop compared to overnight. Humans have been documenting cycles related to agricultural since the beginning. Pot growers took those cycles out of the equation and have not been able to observe since.

If I cut at 7 in the morning, does the stalk die by 7:15? Or does it keep producing sugars and lipids under the sun until it's dry enough to lay in the field at night without feeding those sugars and lipids to bacteria and fungi? Properly grown properly harvested hay smells sweet. It's not just cannabis growers who have lost sight of quality over time.
great info!

Top Bottom