Fogponics. As good or better than Hydro?

• Thread starter Moe.Red
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Noice

B655FE71 0D84 4FDC 8D00 B3E71A72439F

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Working on bringing stuff back online. Printing parts. Good news is I have all 3 printers at 100%. Upgraded them all to wireless too. Ready to get into production mode on parts now.

Next I’m doing a harvest then making the upgrades to the system then getting seeds wet. Looking forward to seeing sweetleaf harvest his very soon. It will be a very interesting comparison to see differences between RDWC and fog. Running the same beans.

I’m gonna print some of these in various sizes to see if they work for lst.

Here are the prototypes

08408B68 A4CE 4826 993B 773EBC7CF75F

EA4CF6EC 7485 4319 9D34 E601CF3263D1

3A70AFC5 36A2 4304 BAFF 782278A8D388

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Fits like a glove Moe.wish I had your brains bud..how can you b soo brainy and smoke 😂😂.what’s the half printed ones..
I'll show you a complete setup in a few hours. I think it will make sense. Solves 4 separate problems.

Sorry dude, have not smoked in probably a week. 😞 I'm weird in that respect. Takes me 6 months to get thru a quarter. No way I can keep up with you guys. But I got stoned enough for all of us in high school. Why the hell would they call it high school if they didn't expect us to get high? I think that is where my drain bramage is from. That and the alien abduction.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Printing production parts and upgrading. Once all the blue is gone I’m in business. Then 7 more sets to get started.

A86C7FA4 2C8B 40B9 ABF3 442D64FB1BFB

F081221A E10E 4FE6 88B6 3ED7E5877C18

6629AECE A651 40BF BAD6 200D1B87CFFF

Hopefully it is making sense. Think of it like a hatch on a submarine. I want to pressurize this tote with 90% O2. This was a major leak point. In addition, the hole was too small for maintenance. I also need a hatch in the center for maintenance. So I'll design that hatch based on this base with a quick access panel that does not leak O2. Then 4 of those and I am growing again my friends.

The black towers with holes are there for 2 reasons, I need a spot to mount probe wires and I also want to be able to spin the plant off it's hatch and any LST mounts that I have in place will come with the plant. Those will be LST system mount points. Still gotta desing and print those out, but I can add that in once seedlings are in place.

Last edited:
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Do these printers stand alone? Just plug a drive to and go? I'd love to get one but printing lst clips for me might be overkill.
I'm with you. They are just too cool. As for things like LST clips, they are a cakewalk for these. My next door neighbor came over and he has a printer. I told him I was going to buy some clips offline and he used my computet, found a file and emailed to himself, and hours later brought me a bunch of them. Another friend in Havasu City sent me some seeds and also clips he made with his printer. They are perfect and my advice once/if make them is smaller and lighter the better
Have you looked at the resin style? Any advantages or disadvantages?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Do these printers stand alone? Just plug a drive to and go? I'd love to get one but printing lst clips for me might be overkill.

Have you looked at the resin style? Any advantages or disadvantages?
If you are looking for a cheap standalone the Ender series is a good place to start. It will allow you to download designs from places like thingiverse and print them yourself scaled to whatever size you want.

If you want to make your own deigns, you will need a CAD program of some sort. Anything that you can design in that produces .STL or .3MF files will work. I use a $60/mo software called Fusion 360, but I use it for work too which justifies the cost. I run milling machines and plotters and laser cutters and crap like that off this software too. Probably not worth it to just tinker with, there are free ones out there.

I've looked into all of them, including selling the big ones based on powder at my work. Places like Boeing and Nike use them. Full color. For my needs - the kind of stuff you see on this thread PETG is the material I want to use, so these are the appropriate printers. I wish I knew how many total hours I have printed at this point, but I'll bet it's in the 20,000 range. PETG is the stuff they make milk cartons out of so completely safe.

I'm with you. They are just too cool. As for things like LST clips, they are a cakewalk for these. My next door neighbor came over and he has a printer. I told him I was going to buy some clips offline and he used my computet, found a file and emailed to himself, and hours later brought me a bunch of them. Another friend in Havasu City sent me some seeds and also clips he made with his printer. They are perfect and my advice once/if make them is smaller and lighter the better

I suppose I haven't said this out loud, but It's my intention to have an online shop for 3D printed parts at some point in the not too distant future. Take all these hundreds of designs and put them up for sale custom made, meaning you choose the color and I'll print and send to you. I'll also share the STL files there if you have your own printer - so open source this stuff. But if you just want the damn part without all the BS, I'll print it for you at guaranteed quality. If you have a design you want to send me and I think it is a worthwhile part, send it to me even a picture of a drawing on a napkin, and if I end up doing it I'll send you the prototype parts as a thank you. Then throw that design on the store too.

Imagine all the cool shit we could make together as a community.

I'll also be looking to collaborate in some way with the community on the electronics. Example if you want to build one of my controllers, I can send you a kit with the printed parts, circuit boards, etc with a pre-flashed OS on a SD card, and you can do the same crap as me. I'm going to open source the hardware part of the system with downloadable code for your microcontroller.

Same for PH controller, CO2 controller, Fog controller, yada yada yada.

All this stuff will be made in such a way to link with and support @Aqua Man in his efforts with the OxyGen.

Took a bit of a nutshot there boys back in Oct - Dec of last year, but I'm thinkin' I'm back. Time to get to work.

Speaking of which, time to get back to this harvest. Here's a little Hells Angles OG x Chem. My whole block knows I'm harvesting, I'm certain. Powerful stink.

624A3E77 3248 4B25 98BE 3CEBFB394BAD

69A949B5 7CD0 42BF BFC4 5CDD6CA6B277

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Is that a freeze dryer? Nice man. I want to do a dyi ph controller next.
That is actually my drying racks. That's for the standard slow dry --> Cure --> Smoke flower process.

The Freeze Dryer is down here

5EC3383B EC1A 4727 94D7 101BE4F7BB7D

I will be using the freeze dryer for part of this harvest but right now working on testing grove bags vs my standard glass cure to see what’s up with those bags.

208A9605 BF49 4B4B 99BF EBBE1131282C

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

If you are looking for a cheap standalone the Ender series is a good place to start. It will allow you to download designs from places like thingiverse and print them yourself scaled to whatever size you want.

If you want to make your own deigns, you will need a CAD program of some sort. Anything that you can design in that produces .STL or .3MF files will work. I use a $60/mo software called Fusion 360, but I use it for work too which justifies the cost. I run milling machines and plotters and laser cutters and crap like that off this software too. Probably not worth it to just tinker with, there are free ones out there.

I've looked into all of them, including selling the big ones based on powder at my work. Places like Boeing and Nike use them. Full color. For my needs - the kind of stuff you see on this thread PETG is the material I want to use, so these are the appropriate printers. I wish I knew how many total hours I have printed at this point, but I'll bet it's in the 20,000 range. PETG is the stuff they make milk cartons out of so completely safe.

I suppose I haven't said this out loud, but It's my intention to have an online shop for 3D printed parts at some point in the not too distant future. Take all these hundreds of designs and put them up for sale custom made, meaning you choose the color and I'll print and send to you. I'll also share the STL files there if you have your own printer - so open source this stuff. But if you just want the damn part without all the BS, I'll print it for you at guaranteed quality. If you have a design you want to send me and I think it is a worthwhile part, send it to me even a picture of a drawing on a napkin, and if I end up doing it I'll send you the prototype parts as a thank you. Then throw that design on the store too.

Imagine all the cool shit we could make together as a community.

I'll also be looking to collaborate in some way with the community on the electronics. Example if you want to build one of my controllers, I can send you a kit with the printed parts, circuit boards, etc with a pre-flashed OS on a SD card, and you can do the same crap as me. I'm going to open source the hardware part of the system with downloadable code for your microcontroller.

Same for PH controller, CO2 controller, Fog controller, yada yada yada.

All this stuff will be made in such a way to link with and support @Aqua Man in his efforts with the OxyGen.

Took a bit of a nutshot there boys back in Oct - Dec of last year, but I'm thinkin' I'm back. Time to get to work.

Speaking of which, time to get back to this harvest. Here's a little Hells Angles OG x Chem. My whole block knows I'm harvesting, I'm certain. Powerful stink.
Hooooleee shit Moe. Wow just that is incredibly brilliant, off the charts generous, and downright fkin awesome. Sign me the heck up man. Anyone who thinks this isn't the best CannaCommunity on the web is a cheat, fraud, and a liar 😂

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

That is actually my drying racks. That's for the standard slow dry --> Cure --> Smoke flower process.

The Freeze Dryer is down here

View attachment 1320432

I will be using the freeze dryer for part of this harvest but right now working on testing grove bags vs my standard glass cure to see what’s up with those bags.
Whelp now I see the problem 😂 yall have super cool toys and I'm using a hand me down mini wine fridge

20230115 145511
20230115 145521
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Whelp now I see the problem 😂 yall have super cool toys and I'm using a hand me down mini wine fridge
You are in Arizona right? This seems like a perfect way to do it in that climate to me. I’d have done the same thing if I could control myself brother. I go overkill on everything way beyond what’s needed. I built my curing and extraction systems to handle 4 pounds a month. Built it so I could do that by myself in perpetuity if I ever decided to retire.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

You are in Arizona right? This seems like a perfect way to do it in that climate to me. I’d have done the same thing if I could control myself brother. I go overkill on everything way beyond what’s needed. I built my curing and extraction systems to handle 4 pounds a month. Built it so I could do that by myself in perpetuity if I ever decided to retire.
Yeah Scottsdale and the best herb I grew and dried has come from this wine fridge. It was free so I said shit why not try. It is a 2-4oz tops cap. but the ease of maintaining temp at 60 I simply can't achieve currently using anything else. If the RH goes above 60 I crack door. It really slows things down and I guess that is the goal. It is too small to deal with the high RH the plants give off the 1st day or 2 but after that I have been using it with success. I had some points on amzn and just bought a 3 pack of govee bluetooth hygrometers that arrived. Thinkin of goin a bit yolo next grow with various cultivars and I can't imagine they won't all be finishing at different times. Wish I could borrow your brain and abilities to diy a fridge I have in the garage into a dry chamber. I saw my neighbor had it in her garage and wasn't going to use. When came time for her to ditch it I put it in mine. Now I have to figure out the DIY part 😂

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Yeah Scottsdale and the best herb I grew and dried has come from this wine fridge. It was free so I said shit why not try. It is a 2-4oz tops cap. but the ease of maintaining temp at 60 I simply can't achieve currently using anything else. If the RH goes above 60 I crack door. It really slows things down and I guess that is the goal. It is too small to deal with the high RH the plants give off the 1st day or 2 but after that I have been using it with success. I had some points on amzn and just bought a 3 pack of govee bluetooth hygrometers that arrived. Thinkin of goin a bit yolo next grow with various cultivars and I can't imagine they won't all be finishing at different times. Wish I could borrow your brain and abilities to diy a fridge I have in the garage into a dry chamber. I saw my neighbor had it in her garage and wasn't going to use. When came time for her to ditch it I put it in mine. Now I have to figure out the DIY part 😂
What’s your question on the diy? How to manage Rh?

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

What’s your question on the diy? How to manage Rh?

yes that is a big part but I one thing is I don't see how I could set the fridge to 60 for example like I do the wine fridge. If I can't use the fridge itself to maintain the 60 temp then it is useless to me. It is simply an airtight box at that point. I just keep thinking there must be a way. It is larger than it looks and struck me as a good deal for $0 😂

20230115 165152
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom