Fogponics. As good or better than Hydro?

• Thread starter Moe.Red
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr.Dutch

Dr.Dutch

Next thing is to change growth medium and delivery. Start each in nute water and feed them sugar. Dextrose was this agar, but I'm thinking something mimicking Bud Candy would be a good next step.
Don't forget the nutrients. Only from sugar many bacteria can not grow.
Like plants and animals, they need other substances to build their DNA and divide.
With your plates you can just see which MOs grow only with sugar I would say.

Wiki also helps a bit.
Nutagar

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nutrient_agar

However, I think that using BudCandy is not a bad idea. You can say a lot of bad things about AN, but their fertilizer portfolio seems to make sense somehow.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Don't forget the nutrients. Only from sugar many bacteria can not grow.
Like plants and animals, they need other substances to build their DNA and divide.
With your plates you can just see which MOs grow only with sugar I would say.

Wiki also helps a bit.
View attachment 1327388
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nutrient_agar

However, I think that using BudCandy is not a bad idea. You can say a lot of bad things about AN, but their fertilizer portfolio seems to make sense somehow.
Lol I think we are having another anthem moment

Red- “start each in nute water and add sugar”.
Dutch- “don’t forget the nutrients “.

It’s like everyone on this forum smokes weed or something.

You bunch of sinners. 👹

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

It’s actually every other day. Maintenance is 7-10 days. There’s no spray I love everything about and no product I consider to be good enough to stand alone but it’s another tool in the kit to rotate through
I’ve now got 5 different ways I am attempting to eradicate these fargin ice holes.

If those together don’t work I’ll be looking at adding this in.

I perceive this like finding the right antibiotic for the type of infection you have. I’ll contain as best I can and eventually hopefully put this behind me.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Looking back thru this thread, it seems to me it might be time for it to die. Just like those mites that came in with the clones.

I think I’ll start new threads for fog and RDWC. Probably include the microbe thing in both of those. Electronics in fog. O2 in fog. Probably pull out the cloning stuff and curing stuff to make their own threads as I get questions on that stuff and having them try to pick it out of this mess is tough when they just want answers not a bunch of smart ass stoners making fun of anything and everything.

We even turned a parasitic infection into a clown show. Good job on that.

Anyhow I’m probably gonna take a break from posting to this thread for a couple weeks while I reset and rebuild.

Been a fun ride. Next up fog 2.0 and Dragonsflame Genetics.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
it seems to me it might be time for it to die. Just like those mites that came in with the clones.
#1 rule of thumb;
There not gone, as soon as you believe that they will prove you wrong!
1 egg hidden in a corner or in a ballast, under a rug, in a tiny crevice in the concrete floor.
It can sit there for months, years even decades.
Don’t let your guard down!!
Ever!!!!!!!

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
Looking back thru this thread, it seems to me it might be time for it to die. Just like those mites that came in with the clones.

I think I’ll start new threads for fog and RDWC. Probably include the microbe thing in both of those. Electronics in fog. O2 in fog. Probably pull out the cloning stuff and curing stuff to make their own threads as I get questions on that stuff and having them try to pick it out of this mess is tough when they just want answers not a bunch of smart ass stoners making fun of anything and everything.

We even turned a parasitic infection into a clown show. Good job on that.

Anyhow I’m probably gonna take a break from posting to this thread for a couple weeks while I reset and rebuild.

Been a fun ride. Next up fog 2.0 and Dragonsflame Genetics.
Hey Moe, really sorry that this took this road but maybe something good may come from it after all this hobby is so immersive and wide that you never stop learning from it. I believe what many big facilities that run ultra-sterile have for anything new is a quarantine-room (or chamber) so that may maybe save you some stress in the future.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Hey Moe, really sorry that this took this road but maybe something good may come from it after all this hobby is so immersive and wide that you never stop learning from it. I believe what many big facilities that run ultra-sterile have for anything new is a quarantine-room (or chamber) so that may maybe save you some stress in the future.
Think I’m done with clones for a while bro. But if I ever try a second time, I’ll be prepared.

I’ve got so many seeds it’s rather silly. Time to use some.

mrfreeze682

mrfreeze682

anyone ever tried vinegar and lime?? works for indoor plants like elephant leaves , you can also drop some dawn dishsoap too…. suggestion only, im. no expert

mrfreeze682

mrfreeze682

Think I’m done with clones for a while bro. But if I ever try a second time, I’ll be prepared.

I’ve got so many seeds it’s rather silly. Time to use some.
got some dank seeds maybe youd like to part with for a new grower?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

@steamroller can you take a look at this please.

I can control pump in any way. Is there a little variable speed pump that would work in saltwater thats bluetooth? PWM? Maybe an IOT pump hack?

What size would you recommend? Figure 25% duty cycle. Just looking for a gentile stir that mixes the incoming O2 with water for as long as possible and keeps it moving in the res.

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
Yeah Scottsdale and the best herb I grew and dried has come from this wine fridge. It was free so I said shit why not try. It is a 2-4oz tops cap. but the ease of maintaining temp at 60 I simply can't achieve currently using anything else. If the RH goes above 60 I crack door. It really slows things down and I guess that is the goal. It is too small to deal with the high RH the plants give off the 1st day or 2 but after that I have been using it with success. I had some points on amzn and just bought a 3 pack of govee bluetooth hygrometers that arrived. Thinkin of goin a bit yolo next grow with various cultivars and I can't imagine they won't all be finishing at different times. Wish I could borrow your brain and abilities to diy a fridge I have in the garage into a dry chamber. I saw my neighbor had it in her garage and wasn't going to use. When came time for her to ditch it I put it in mine. Now I have to figure out the DIY part 😂
I just moved back from Phoenix - The Pharm uses a flash outdoor dry as I am aware - have you smoked anything from them? It definitely has a different outer texture

I was buying it on sale and throwing them into oversized mason jars and picked up a normal curing process. the buds got significantly softer and the smells was great. still wonder what they're using as the "outdoor curing process"

ironically weed was so cheap in AZ i didn't even think about growing too much until i got home. the restrictions on energy usage on peak hours and having the hot tub i kept running in the backyard was enough to scare me away.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

I just moved back from Phoenix - The Pharm uses a flash outdoor dry as I am aware - have you smoked anything from them? It definitely has a different outer texture
Moved to AZ or left? If left where did you go and why?
Not familiar with The Pharm but will look into it if ever have to unfortunately need a disp again
I was buying it on sale and throwing them into oversized mason jars and picked up a normal curing process. the buds got significantly softer and the smells was great. still wonder what they're using as the "outdoor curing process"
Ohh so you were takin their flower and actually curing it. Hmm very interesting
ironically weed was so cheap in AZ i didn't even think about growing too much until i got home. the restrictions on energy usage on peak hours and having the hot tub i kept running in the backyard was enough to scare me away.
I thought it was cheap when was med only years ago. Was gettin solid Zips for $100 from a place near sky harbor. Then once rec came everything got played out. Higher costs for lower qual.
Ahh good old energy costs. Great point and I have that in mind for next grow. If going to keep the plan we have then I need shit asleep during peak hours. May get off that plan though cause heard it is bunk. Been on it years and nice that bill is close to same each month but someone I know says it's a scam and that I should drop it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom