FoN:Apple fritter/trop cherry & Bloom seeds; gallows point with farmlite 240w LEDs organic medium with gaia green

• Thread starter simonkay
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
simonkay

simonkay

If you are doing this bi-weekly (every 2 weeks) vs the 4 week blocks then these numbers should be okay :)

This is why I opt to go with fabric pots & high perlite soil mix - I like a fast dry back time!

I would have that 240w light @ about 50% intensity for a week or two and then slowly increase if you see lush growth
I was hoping for a 3 week veg so i could get some meds in quick 😅.
I will do another 2 weeks and then stick to 4 week blocks.
Also my 1st feed was 100% 444 with no 284. Might explain the slow growth

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

I was hoping for a 3 week veg so i could get some meds in quick 😅.
I will do another 2 weeks and then stick to 4 week blocks.
Also my 1st feed was 100% 444 with no 284. Might explain the slow growth

may I ask why you are pH'ing your water? Are you using pond water? What water source did you end up picking? :p

simonkay

simonkay

may I ask why you are pH'ing your water? Are you using pond water? What water source did you end up picking? :p
Yeh i use a mix of pond water/ro to get around 150ppms usually the ph is 7.7+ so i ph down to around 6.5.
My last watering i used pure ro with fulvic kelp mix again to get around 135ppm but the ph was 8.3+ so used lemon juice to ph down

simonkay

simonkay

Update, first few days after feed and full saturation plants looked good and seemed to be growing, gave it a top up of nitrogen tea with a bit of fulvic:kelp blend a week after feed when it was dry again.
then they stalled for most the week even though temps were 28-30c. Then other day my inkbird went crazy and its lost calibration so im having trouble knowing true humidity (my humidifier says 58 my analogue hygrometer is always 10 higher and my digital one is always swings 0-6 minus from humidifier.
Some leaves seem to show issues with potassium. I know ive been having PH issues with this soil hence alot of watering around 6.2-6.4 but this might be causing issues with the calmag looking out the potassium from when im foliar spraying to boost the top leaves when they showed alot of mag Def. Kept lights low @ 40% and raised canopy 26" but leaves show a sort of wilt/twisting not sure if it wind burn or heat stress 😬 also one got topped if it responds well i will top the other 2 big ones
IMG 20230502 104043
IMG 20230502 104128
IMG 20230502 104214
IMG 20230502 105058

Last edited:
simonkay

simonkay

Added a co2 generator using a bucket and air pump, hopefully this makes a difference in a sealed room. Just gotta remember to switch off before lights out every night 💨
IMG 20230510 112529

simonkay

simonkay

Shout out to @ACINFINITYINC for having such good service and sending it so quick. Hopefully i can order the regulator for co2 soon and have complete control on my co2 levels.
Xumjnc

simonkay

simonkay

Flipped the girls last week. They're still small but I'm gonna learn from this for my 2nd run.
It turns out my inkbird was way off calibration so it was closer to 72-75% RH in the room instead of 62-65. What didnt help was my humidifier agreeing with the inkbird making me believe the analogue hygrometer was overshooting. I should've listened to my partner as she did say she trusts analogue over battery everytime. I just didnt accept it as i thought i had correctly calibrated the inkbird 1st 🥴.

The high humidity would explain a lot of the stress and slow growth. Plus i messed around with lowering ph too much causing lockouts all over. Next time I'm not going below 6.5ph even if the run off is high 7s. Need to trust in the soil more.

Since installing the ac infinity controller I've felt like tony stark checking all my data on the phone without entering the room 👨‍💻
Also put in a co2 controller and it showed 1500ppm with my homemade generator. Took the generator out and it still shows around 700-1000ppm so all is good on that end.
Gave it the 50/50 top dress a week before flip, this week will just plain water and see how they grow. Temps always between 26-31°c, hoping as i lower the RH i can get the temps under 30° more consistently

IMG 20230524 105240
IMG 20230524 105136
IMG 20230524 105046
simonkay

simonkay

Quick update:
Turns out i messed up with the soil recipe and put a ridiculous amount of extra rock dust. This explains why the medium had a sandy texture when watering. Probably the root cause for ph fluctuations and my dumb ass put 100% nutes into small plants causing them to stall.
Typical noob mistakes, do not underestimate your feed, even if its organic which i just did not respect.

This is currently week 3flower so will skip a week of feed and see, been giving it straight rain water this week so hopefully should dilute the ec a little.
IMG 20230605 113706

Latest posts

Top Bottom