FOR THOSE WHO CLONE IN A TURBO OR EZ CLONER I Would like to share this with you

• Thread starter JACKMAYOFFER
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MediMary

?

Sorry Jack, so in the cloner, were you running Roots excel, rhizotonic, and power clone solution, OR just the 60ml of power clone solution(without rhizo, excel). I didnt understand your wording. thanks brother.

:I decided to try a few different products ROOTS EXCEL,RHIZOTONIC and BOTANICARE POWER CLONE. After adding straight tap water at 250ppm and (60 ml of Botinacare power cloner)"nothing else". To my suprise 3 days later full on roots and at 7 days completly blown out Im talking the whole stem from top to bottom ready to go into the big system, After the 7 th day I bring my ppm's 500 with Roots Excel, Canna Aqua Vega A + B Lower the Botinacare to half strength and you have clones that are ready to rock... I will post some pics of all 3 cloners and let them speak for them self.. :bong-hits: ....JACK

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
For those of you using an EZ Clone 120 (or the comparable Botanicare, I guess a 150 site model), what size chiller are you using?

Thougt I could get away without one but that's clearly not the case - I'm guessing a 1/10 HP is sufficient? Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Also, for those using chillers, what temps do you run and when? I.e., do you run low-mid 70s before roots show and then drop down to the high 60s once roots are present? Or just keep it at 68 constantly.

Thanks for the thread and info, Jack - maybe I can get above a 0% success rate with this thing yet.
I have used a chiller a timer on the pump works just as well 15min on 15min off
Jack, great info, as usual. I'm gonna try this method. I can't argue with your results, I just hope that I can come close.

Thanks bro.

Chill your aerocloner for better propagation, no doubt. IMO
I have done it all Chiller, no Chiller,And Timer They all work But Timer or Chiller work best
Sorry Jack, so in the cloner, were you running Roots excel, rhizotonic, and power clone solution, OR just the 60ml of power clone solution(without rhizo, excel). I didnt understand your wording. thanks brother.

I start off with straight RO then add 60 ml total of Power cloner PH to 5.9 After 5 days add 1 ml per gallon of Roots Excel. Thats what I have found to give me best results.JACK:joint:

deacon1503

deacon1503

Where is the best location on a mother plant to take a cutting from? Old growth from the bottom or new growth from the top?

F

FreshSteppin

I believe its the lower branches. and you want to let your momma get a little hungry before you start cuttin her up. but I always take tops and the root up fine

opt1c

opt1c

damn; gonna have to break out the old aerocloners.... fwiw a 1/10hp chiller will let you run your ez-cloner120 in a garage during the middle of summer no problem if you feel so inclined. gonna have to look into the timer option and even more look into this power clone stuff

C

cheech

yea 1/10 will for sure do that. i have a jbj 1/10 chilling 80 gallons to 65 with room temp 80, but it runs 24/7.

E

EZnot

Turbo Kloner questions

When you move your rooted clones from the machine, do you just put them in the basket with the clay pellets in the hydroponic system? Will the roots grown down through the pellets? As you can tell I'm new at this, but have killed over 320 clones doing them in rockwool, so I'm ready for a TurboKloner. My system has little baskets with clay pellets on a timed pump system. More advice please. Thanks

E

EZnot

Sorry, I should have been more clear. Do you move the plant and it's collar right to the basket in the NFT system? Also, do you leave the cloning machine run 24/7? How about timers to run a few minutes off and a few minutes on. And....doesn't the spraying water from the clone machine was off the clone jell you just applied to the new clones?

"Mistakes aren't bad, they're opportunities to learn"

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

For those of you using an EZ Clone 120 (or the comparable Botanicare, I guess a 150 site model), what size chiller are you using?

Thougt I could get away without one but that's clearly not the case - I'm guessing a 1/10 HP is sufficient? Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Also, for those using chillers, what temps do you run and when? I.e., do you run low-mid 70s before roots show and then drop down to the high 60s once roots are present? Or just keep it at 68 constantly.

Thanks for the thread and info, Jack - maybe I can get above a 0% success rate with this thing yet.
You don't need a chiller for an ez clone machine. I've run them for many years with 100% success and have never used a chiller. You're doing something else wrong if you're not having success with the ez clone. What is your process from start to finish? I can try to help you if you like. I'd hate to see you waste your money on an unnecessary, overpriced appliance.

B

Bobby Smith

Already bought the chiller (1/15th HP), but I agree, I probably won't need it.

I've only tried clones in it once, and that was when the ambient room temp was ~85F (temporary home while my new room is being constructed) and the pump was going 24/7.

Now that I'll have my room dialed in to 80/72 (on and off) and I have a short cycle timer that I'll probably run for 15 seconds on/3 minutes off (or something like that), I'd imagine the 1/15th HP chiller was a waste of $200.

Haven't used it since I roasted my first batch of clones a month+ ago, but I'm sure I'll be fine going forward.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Already bought the chiller (1/15th HP), but I agree, I probably won't need it.

I've only tried clones in it once, and that was when the ambient room temp was ~85F (temporary home while my new room is being constructed) and the pump was going 24/7.

Now that I'll have my room dialed in to 80/72 (on and off) and I have a short cycle timer that I'll probably run for 15 seconds on/3 minutes off (or something like that), I'd imagine the 1/15th HP chiller was a waste of $200.

Haven't used it since I roasted my first batch of clones a month+ ago, but I'm sure I'll be fine going forward.
Sounds complicated. I have zero experience running the ez clone on a timer or with a chiller. KISS is what I've found works best.

Cleaning the system with 1tsp/g bleach between runs and making sure the pump, manifold and sprayers are free of all root debris and sterilized is very important. Also, a PH range of 5.9-6.3 is best. A lot of people let their PH get out of this range and have issues. The PH definitely likes to climb in the first 48 after cut. I have always used plain water and have had huge roots.

Although I did recently buy some power clone to try on my next run to see if I can achieve 7 day blown out roots. I'll post my results in a few weeks.

Good luck on your next run with the ez clone. If all else fails go back to basics.

B

Bobby Smith

Thanks man, but I'm 99.99999% confident I'll be fine.

Was simply a case of not being able to lower temps enough during the dead of summer because the plants were in a temporary home.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
quick question jack do you set you sprayer on a timmer? i swicthed to the power clone in a EZ 60 and if anything its taken longer then it was with the GH 3 part. some are not even rooting. i added 30 ML of power clone(3 capfuls) since i have the 60 site not the 120. I'm thinking about getting the appolo 3 fixed cycle timer 1 minute on 4 minutes off.

fixed timer link
http://www.specialty-lights.com/702635.html

B

Bnzapilot

I don't think Jack monitors this thread anymore. He hasn't posted in almost a month.

deacon1503

deacon1503

So with the power clone, is it 45-60ml per gallon, or 45-60ml total no matter cloner size from start to inital roots?

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
So with the power clone, is it 45-60ml per gallon, or 45-60ml total no matter cloner size from start to inital roots?

go with the 50-60 i upped it and the shit is doing great! since last week has been a big improvement thank you for the thread jack. im thinking now i cut at least 3-4 days off my time. power clone does work.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

45-60ml/g would be ridiculous. I would ignore those directions. They are just trying to sell more power clone for $45 a bottle. I just picked some up and mixed it at 15ml(1tbls) per gal and have about 75% of 30 clones transplantable (6" roots) after 8 days. The rest are a little behind but will probably be done in 10. So, I guess it saved me a couple days.

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

What would you guys do?

Hey whats up guys long time lurker, reader haha but pretty much first post.Props to jack btw putin down work,keep hustlin with that gift you got bro props.

Long story short im using a 120 site first time for exactly a week today and i have no results im keepin it at about 250-70 ppm n at 5.8-9 and Kept it at around 70. Problem is i got none popin out at all i got like 80 in there (between pre 98 bubba hells angel, skywalker,fire, and white fire og's) and the leaves are starting to curl a little bit. :headbang

Help me out guys what would you guys do? wait it out or just start a new batch? I know you got roots popin at day 3 jack props again haha but you ran into this too? Im stressing if its just a waste of time to wait or if i should just wipe them out today and just restart.
Any info would help a bro out alot! thanks guys

keep it green -doc

Top Bottom