FOR THOSE WHO CLONE IN A TURBO OR EZ CLONER I Would like to share this with you

• Thread starter JACKMAYOFFER
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Are you using zone to treat PM?

Also with my pump set to one minute on four off I have a perfect temp it seems.

No PM here. Have not heard of using Zone to treat PM. Can you shed some light on that please? What ratio of Zone to water per gallon and stuff like that is what I guess I would like to know since you have me curious about this.

Which Cyclestat are you using with your bucket to get the 1 minute on 4 off?

How would the cheap timers that are 15 min on and 15 min off work out? Anyone use those timers in the clone buckets to controll temps or is that not a good idea?

I dont know what it is about my clone bucket. Sometimes I get 100% and sometimes I get some that take forever and do not look good by the time they are rooted. I thought about getting a new pump, also thinking of buying a box of the Neoprine disks and using them once to see if that helps.

R

RMCG

1T of Zone and 60ml of Penetrator to 1 quart of water.

Spray til dripping for up to 3 days.

G

GuFF

Don't forget that the time it takes roots to develop also has a lot to do with the strain, some take longer than others.

Anyone having problems with heat and/or slime I would suggest using a compost tea, such as Ewc tea. I use ancient forest by gh with molasses and root excel. Loads the ez cloner with beneficial microbes that do not allow root rot to even set in. not to mention its very cheap. Works great with higher temps which some believe increases the rooting process just like how a heatmat helps with cloning in rockwool or peat pellets. Generally a good set of roots in 7 days.

Here's how i make the tea,
-2.5 gal of ro water in a 5 gal bucket
-Put 2.5 cups of Ewc or ancient forest in a nylon stocking and set it in the bucket.
-2 table spoons of blackstrap molasses
- let the mix bubble for 48 hrs
- add tea to res that is filled with ro until ppm is about 200 @ .7 conv. Or just add one cup of tea for every 5 gal of res
-add root excel
-adjust pH to 5.8-6.1
-Cut your clones and use a cloning gel (allow clones to soak the gel for about 45 min before turning on the sprayers)
-let the res temps get hot (~80) but when roots show keep the temps lower like around 70-75.
- the tea can be stored in the fridge for 10 days, add it to the res every 3 days

And when cleaning your cloner use physan20, not bleach. The physan20 will kill all fungus/bacteria and is not deadly to plants.

Dunge

Dunge

As post #1 you might expect some lameness, so here goes.
I am so new to cloning that I have killed four cuttings thus far. No roots.
I don't have a cloner machine, but am relying on a domed flat, heat pad, and fluorescent lamp.
Presently I have two more cuttings at risk in rock wool and hopes are high.
My question is this:
All the cloning pictures show intact leafs. Many reporters insist that snipping off the ends of the vegetation promotes root growth.
Old wives tail or not?

M

metameric

Premium Member
Supporter
As post #1 you might expect some lameness, so here goes.
I am so new to cloning that I have killed four cuttings thus far. No roots.
I don't have a cloner machine, but am relying on a domed flat, heat pad, and fluorescent lamp.
Presently I have two more cuttings at risk in rock wool and hopes are high.
My question is this:
All the cloning pictures show intact leafs. Many reporters insist that snipping off the ends of the vegetation promotes root growth.
Old wives tail or not?

Cutting vegetative leaves in half during cloning limits transpiration of water out of the clone. This keeps them from drying out before they have a chance to sprout roots.

Is that what you are referring to?

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

Power Cloner is the best product for aeroponic machines hands down. I have been cloning with it for years and nothing is comparible IMO.

Dunge

Dunge

This sounds plausible, and if yields results then I'll keep trimming. Thanks.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
I just ordered a bottle of this stuff. and ill get to testing it asap. i just took 4 cuts about 3 days ago i think. i wrote it down and i used the gh 3 part like i used too, but added a bit of roots excel. once the bottle gets here i will clean out machine and use the power clone and see how it does. i dont have a bottle handy but anyone know the recommended dosage for a 60 site ez cloner or what works for you?

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
Yes I have tried it all RO water only, Tap Water Only, Cloning gel with tap water cloning gel with RO water, And every other combo...Tap water is 100% better what happens with RO water is the clones end up flushing and then the have to fight to stay alive it stripps all the nutes out of them.With tap water mine is 250 ppm it allows the plants to have a tiny amount to stay alive on and make roots.I have taken thousand of clones in the last year and the above is the best hands down.

I treat all my moms the same they are given Advance Sensi A+B with Magical and Roots Excel. I do nute ,nute,flush,flush,etc. All of the roots where taken from the same mom at the same time.JACK

I feed what I posted above and I have really healthy moms ...JACK:cool0010: Here are the pics at 3 days then 7 and then 14 JACK...

wtf? it takes mr big grow dick to get people to listen?....lol just playing jack, that is all i have used for my 2 120 site ez boner just no one listens, anyways thanks for getting it to the masses:love0018:

R

RMCG

Simply amazing Jack.

I just clipped some Raskal's OG yesterday and am giving the recipe a go.

I did back it down from 60ml to ~30ml as I am using a EZ 30 vs 120.
I typically have roots in ~5-6 days. Transplantable in ~8 -10 days with just a dip in Olivias and a superthrive solution.

Will report back in a day or two.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
Simply amazing Jack.

I just clipped some Raskal's OG yesterday and am giving the recipe a go.

I did back it down from 60ml to ~30ml as I am using a EZ 30 vs 120.
I typically have roots in ~5-6 days. Transplantable in ~8 -10 days with just a dip in Olivias and a superthrive solution.

Will report back in a day or two.

shit id be happy with 8-10 days transplant consitantly.

jack clones look great, i ordered a bottle of the power clone.

B

Bobby Smith

For those of you using an EZ Clone 120 (or the comparable Botanicare, I guess a 150 site model), what size chiller are you using?

Thougt I could get away without one but that's clearly not the case - I'm guessing a 1/10 HP is sufficient? Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Also, for those using chillers, what temps do you run and when? I.e., do you run low-mid 70s before roots show and then drop down to the high 60s once roots are present? Or just keep it at 68 constantly.

Thanks for the thread and info, Jack - maybe I can get above a 0% success rate with this thing yet.

C

Coxie

Jack, great info, as usual. I'm gonna try this method. I can't argue with your results, I just hope that I can come close.

Thanks bro.

B

Bobby Smith

Holy shit...........I was contemplating a 1/4 to 1/3 HP for my FLOWERING reservoir (50-70 galllons).

Does anyone use a smaller chiller on their EZ and have success?

Latest posts

Top Bottom