FOR THOSE WHO CLONE IN A TURBO OR EZ CLONER I Would like to share this with you

• Thread starter JACKMAYOFFER
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
Jack, you ever fuck around with shorter cycle times than that?

Any detriment other than perhaps burning the pump out sooner?

I'd think a 1 on/2.5 off would be "better", no?

I know I'm splitting hairs here as they're probably really close in terms of functionality, but I was thinking of doing 30 seconds on / 2.5 minutes off for my flowering setup and would like to be able to run both off of the same timer.

Thanks bro.

I have one Turbo cloner I am running 30 seconds on and 15 minutes off and the cuttings look great and the water temp sits around 71 degrees, I will stick to this from here on out..JACK:joint:

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
jack- how do u get these suckers into the netpots without shocking the plant too much and damaging the roots?

can u give us a timeline please?
do you go right from ezcloner to uc? how tall are they when they get into the uc? how long do u veg in the uc for? how tall are they at flip?

Its pretty easy I have never had a plant go into shock just hold the cutting and pore the Hydroton with a cup or another net pot roots are strong. There are pictures on here showing how they look before I put them in the UC system. As far as veg it depends on strain and how I am growing them usally 2.5 to 3.5 weeks...JACK

motta-tokka

motta-tokka

I have been using my cap 1 on 4 off timer for over a year now straight with no issues. Some have had issues with the adjustable ones for everyones information.. Just to give you a heads up if you do decide to buy the adjustable cap timer.

G

growhard

Hey Jack, two questions that I thought would have been asked by now, and I could not find them:
Humidity dome? How long before it is removed?
Foliar spraying? How often, with what?
Thanks mate.

B

Bobby Smith

Growhard, pretty sure using a humidity dome with an aero cloner kind of defeats the purpose of having an aero cloner in the first place.

Not sure about what Jack does with foliar feeding, but if I had to guess I'd say he doesn't.

Anyhow, had a question for anyone using an EZ/Turbo Cloner - what modifications have you made to it, if any?

I took out the airpump it comes with it (because I don't want to be injecting 1500PPM CO2 and 80F air into the water) and put a little 185GPH pond pump in there to create a waterfall effect, which seems to do a better job of aerating the solution, IMO.

Basically just trying to see what some others have done, because I know I'm not the only one - did anyone switch the main pump out and put in a smaller one to help with heat?

11210 011
xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
i was looking for this thread and found it thx to bobbys post. i took more clones now with same amount of power clone but got temps down i transplanted the last ones in 7 days total from clipping them. i cant beat that and jack your power clone beats anything i have tried. keep your temps right in the 68-74 degree range.

B

Buddy Flowers

have had 2 EZ 30's and I made no modifications to them. Rooting just fine

B

Buddy Flowers

that is false. i use an air disc instead of the shitty air tubing that comes with it

L

legalizethis

Premium Member
Supporter
i too have used the power clone and i must say. it does work for me.

i have 5 ez clone 120's all running power clone now. with a timer. 1min on 15 min off.

thanks jack for showing me the power clone way!!!

G

gadgetsmoke

Jack do you recommend the humidity dome with the Turbo kloner? Thanks bro

B

Bobby Smith

For anyone using a chiller with your EZ Cloner, how did you plumb it?

I'd prefer to drill into it to not have to "waste" two plant sites with intake and outtake hoses, but I'd love to hear from someone who's done this successfully before I go (possibly) ruining a $400 piece of equipment.

If you've done this, what drill bit did you use? Just a standard spade bit, or did you use a conical drill bit?

Jack, apologies if this is out of bounds for this thread, just lemme know and I'll remove it if you think it is.

B

Buddy Flowers

Bobby,

great questions...it's as if you read my mind. thanks and i'll be looking out for any advice.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
the ex cloner i have came with 2 spots on the side were i could put a coil in.

this is a newer version then what i have but it still has the spot for it on the side.

60unit
B

Bobby Smith

My EZ 120 has those as well - they're holes for power cords for your pump and one other accessory you'd like to throw in there.

I'm talking about drilling holes through the plastic with a 7/8" sized bit and using rubber grommets and barbs to run 1/2" I.D. tubing.

B

Baddog

Hey Jack Ive read both your 60 x 1000 threads and am quite impressed! also the clones! Very nice what do you use for root tone? Powder or gel

G

Ghost Face

Hello,

How are you? i was wondering which aero cloner work the best? You sound like having experience with them.

I can afford 300-400$ on a cloner. I am not very good for the DIY way so that is why i prefer to spend for one and also i got the money so.

Between powercloner, turboklone, ez cloner which one would you suggest to someone who plan to clones lot of clones?

Thanks for reading and answering :)

F

f1ydave

Hello,

How are you? i was wondering which aero cloner work the best? You sound like having experience with them.

I can afford 300-400$ on a cloner. I am not very good for the DIY way so that is why i prefer to spend for one and also i got the money so.

Between powercloner, turboklone, ez cloner which one would you suggest to someone who plan to clones lot of clones?

Thanks for reading and answering :)

EZ Cloner IMO, but you need a light to go with it too.

G

Ghost Face

EZ Cloner IMO, but you need a light to go with it too.

Ez cloner 30 sound like a nice choice but looking also toward the 120 unit since i can have them pretty much for the same price (50$ higher for the 120)

With a timer do you need a chiller with the 120s? Or it will be fine without a chiller?

Power cloner looked nice as well. But the price is higher by 100$ + and the 165 is 600$ +++ which is a little above what i expected

Top Bottom