For you Geneticists

• Thread starter Sunbiz1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sunbiz1

Could you please do the smoking and growing world a favor?. Stop coming up with these bullshit new names for old strains. If I want blueberries, I'll shop at the local grocery store. There is nothing new under the sun, and all of your ridiculous names only serve to confuse customers.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
:giggle And so ye spake my mind.

It also seriously adds to the internet drama bullshit.

S

Sunbiz1

:giggle And so ye spake my mind.

It also seriously adds to the internet drama bullshit.

Who is Jack Herer anyways...some guy that got lucky on a few good bag seeds and named it after himself?. When I was growing up, we had Colombian, skunk, domestic(which was California herb), Jamaican, Hawaiian, and Mexican which back then was low-grade garbage. Now you need a road map to differentiate Jilly from her bean.

Hope your weekend was good, and the recent transplants as well.

C

CAPO

Jack Herer is a legend and was a great human being. He devoted his life to educating people on the benefits of cannabis. How does an old-skooler mess that up?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I hope he knows who Jack is - maybe that one was a bad example - lol

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Man, if that aint a cock slap to the face. Jack is one of the few people who truly deserve much more than a great strain named after him. He was Mr. marijuana rights for anybody who is unfamiliar. That one must have been a mistake. I can see the bullshit level is pretty high on many of these names. Obama kush? Really? I thought AK47 was a bad name back in 94. Well at least nobody named their strain gods pussy:D

-TF

C

Cali Grower

Man, if that aint a cock slap to the face. Jack is one of the few people who truly deserve much more than a great strain named after him. He was Mr. marijuana rights for anybody who is unfamiliar. That one must have been a mistake. I can see the bullshit level is pretty high on many of these names. Obama kush? Really? I thought AK47 was a bad name back in 94. Well at least nobody named their strain gods pussy:D

-TF

Wait, I cant tell if thats a joke or not. Im assuming it is and you've heard of gods pussy and gods vagina. idk if theyre the same strain or anything about them but it won a cup in sf i believe? i think it was from the green door delivery service. i agree though, why does obama get a strain named after him? the only strain names i like are the ones were, if its a cross, the strain names are combined. for instance, purple trainwreck, strawberry kush... etc

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Yes silly. Gods pussy won at the HT cannabis cup in SF last year. The name was later changed to vortex. It was Subcool from TGA's creation and naming.

-TF

sky high

sky high

It was Subcool from TGA's creation and naming.

That right there illustrates >>exactly<< what Sunbiz is talking about.

Substool never "created" anything....he just mashes together other people's hard work into a polyhybrid mess and after enough time goes by, he calls it his own.

yawn, stretch

S

Sunbiz1

I hope he knows who Jack is - maybe that one was a bad example - lol

I do, and it was a bad example. The thread was actually started out of frustration while bean shopping online. Jack's strain is one I have been considering b/c I know what it is. It's the dozens of other ones that leave me wondering.

If I were to name the strain I have been growing and drop off a free sample at a Michigan dispensary, I'll bet it would sell. It would sell b/c it's good, but more importantly b/c it's different. I wonder how many of these so-called new strains are very similar to one another?.

And why can't growers just sell directly to consumers?...dispensaries=liquor stores anyways. LOL, my rant for another day and thread.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Who is Jack Herer anyways...some guy that got lucky on a few good bag seeds and named it after himself?. When I was growing up, we had Colombian, skunk, domestic(which was California herb), Jamaican, Hawaiian, and Mexican which back then was low-grade garbage. Now you need a road map to differentiate Jilly from her bean.

Things were making sense and then you bring up Jack. I don't think I need to worry about pulling up the JH torch, others will likely pick it up. Jack is... was, a unique individual. An acquaintance of my husband's and mine happened to grow up alongside Mr. Herer's kids, in fact, and his stories are always pleasing to hear. But, that's not the point. The point is that it's one thing to call out the closet hacks and people who will literally steal someone else's hard work (breeding) and another thing entirely to call out the Pillars of Pot-growing. Another would be DJ Short. These are people who have contributed, not taken away.

The people *I* thought you were referring to are those who steal (or borrow permanently) someone else's hard breeding work and then rename it. This does many things, the least of which is to cause much internet drama. And then they have to change whatever it was called to add OG and Kush to its moniker. WTF?

My weekend would have been fantastic had I not squished my thumb in the car door. I can take a lot of pain, but this time I literally cried like a child it hurt so badly, and frankly, I'm amazed I didn't cut the thumb off. Got blood all OVER myself before I realized that I was bleeding, made a mess, yelled at my husband once I was able to find words... drama, just a shit-ton of drama and boo-boos.

Now, no more callin' out a dead guy we all respect and owe. I mean, have you ever smoked Jack Herer? I have, and hoo boy, did that stuff cut through everything else and gimme good buzz, mboy.
:damnhippie:

TortureKill

TortureKill

Jack Herer was one hell of a man. A leader, activist, We all owe him a tribute. I never gave out neg rep before, but i had to man. Hope you dont take it the wrong way.
I agree with seamaiden if your gonna dish out a bashing, make sure its pointed in the right direction. Your post sounds like your pointing the finger at all breeders, and the truth is many are knocking off already legendary strains, but there are still breeders out there doing original work, and creating their own new lines. :fighting0085:

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I do, and it was a bad example. The thread was actually started out of frustration while bean shopping online. Jack's strain is one I have been considering b/c I know what it is. It's the dozens of other ones that leave me wondering.

If I were to name the strain I have been growing and drop off a free sample at a Michigan dispensary, I'll bet it would sell. It would sell b/c it's good, but more importantly b/c it's different. I wonder how many of these so-called new strains are very similar to one another?.

And why can't growers just sell directly to consumers?...dispensaries=liquor stores anyways. LOL, my rant for another day and thread.

yeah I sensed your frustration and figured as much

jeffadies

jeffadies

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
When my Doctor asked me what strain seemed to help me the most and i had to say Durban Poison he gave me that are you fucking kidding me look. I really think if were gonna call it medical we need to pick the names a lot better.

A

AliasAO

OOOooooo growers CAN sell directly to consumers.. but Uncle Sam and The Law will frown upon it.

If you peep the game and really think about it.. The growers do 99% of the work and the dispensaries purchase the product for lets say 3K-4K per LB depending and they end up breaking it down and making anywhere from 6K- 7K. Classic business model-- purchase wholesale---- SELL at a 2x price mark up..

Just remember Its all for the ...... PATIENTS.

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

--AO

A

AliasAO

Things were making sense and then you bring up Jack. I don't think I need to worry about pulling up the JH torch, others will likely pick it up. Jack is... was, a unique individual. An acquaintance of my husband's and mine happened to grow up alongside Mr. Herer's kids, in fact, and his stories are always pleasing to hear. But, that's not the point. The point is that it's one thing to call out the closet hacks and people who will literally steal someone else's hard work (breeding) and another thing entirely to call out the Pillars of Pot-growing. Another would be DJ Short. These are people who have contributed, not taken away.

The people *I* thought you were referring to are those who steal (or borrow permanently) someone else's hard breeding work and then rename it. This does many things, the least of which is to cause much internet drama. And then they have to change whatever it was called to add OG and Kush to its moniker. WTF?

My weekend would have been fantastic had I not squished my thumb in the car door. I can take a lot of pain, but this time I literally cried like a child it hurt so badly, and frankly, I'm amazed I didn't cut the thumb off. Got blood all OVER myself before I realized that I was bleeding, made a mess, yelled at my husband once I was able to find words... drama, just a shit-ton of drama and boo-boos.

Now, no more callin' out a dead guy we all respect and owe. I mean, have you ever smoked Jack Herer? I have, and hoo boy, did that stuff cut through everything else and gimme good buzz, mboy.

thanx for the great story Sea. Its a pleasure to get to talk with someone like yourself and to be able to enjoy your experiences for myself.

Must have been a real treat to get to rub elbows with Mr. Jack Herrer and family.

Im a young pup so Im still learning about the cannabis Pioneers, great to hear first hand stories of the struggle.

--AO

S

Sunbiz1

Sorry about that Sea,

As I already mentioned, it was a poor example to have utilized. Particularly since that strain has the qualities I like, plus he just passed away last year I believe. I simply pulled it out of my hat at the time. OG would have been a better illustration(or the dozens of others I have not a clue on), I assume it's short for organic gardening?.

If I offended anyone else, I apologize.

Take care of that thumb...ouch.

Latest posts

Top Bottom