Fox Farm vs Pro-Mix vs Roots Organic

• Thread starter TapwaterKiller
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bublonichronic

Bublonichronic

here is my OG Kush girl in FoxFarm Ocean Forrest at about 7 days and 39 days 12/12, i have no problems with the stuff...ever, high quality consistency is what i love about them...i use their liquid trio fertalizers too:banana1sv6:

OG Kush612 001
Thc farmer 2m 002
deep buddy

deep buddy

here is my OG Kush girl in FoxFarm Ocean Forrest at about 7 days and 39 days 12/12, i have no problems with the stuff...ever, high quality consistency is what i love about them...i use their liquid trio fertalizers too:banana1sv6:[/QUOTE
fox farm soil is notoriously not that great. its a testament to these plants that they take all the shit we give them. i dont hate ff i just think they are ripping people off BIGTIME! just MHO.

A

A.Sherman

I get great results just using lowes soil mixed with castings and coco.

Bublonichronic

Bublonichronic

here is my OG Kush girl in FoxFarm Ocean Forrest at about 7 days and 39 days 12/12, i have no problems with the stuff...ever, high quality consistency is what i love about them...i use their liquid trio fertalizers too:banana1sv6:[/QUOTE
fox farm soil is notoriously not that great. its a testament to these plants that they take all the shit we give them. i dont hate ff i just think they are ripping people off BIGTIME! just MHO.

thats fine, to each their own, but from what iv noticed it mostly new growers that complain about the shit....

C

CT Guy

I've heard a lot of complaints about Fox Farm as well, mostly related to where it's being made up in the country. It's been too hot on nutes for many people. That being said, people can believe and try whatever they want. Good luck.

waayne

waayne

I use about 5-6 pallets of Organic soil a year and have tried pretty much anything that looked promising and in my experience all the company's from time to time have inconsistent product >>IE: too hot, fungus gnats, mold, algae, sticks,rocks etc..I even found a Skoal can in a bag of Black Gold once......
I used Ocean Forest until about 2 1/2 years ago when I got a pallet that was nothing like it had been in the past>>it looked smelled and tested out completely different than all the Ocean Forest I used in the past
I made a slurry out of several different bags so I could test it and the hottest was 2400 PPM with a PH of 5.4 WTF?
So I called fox Farm and was basically told I couldn't have such high PPM levels or such low PH and it was probably my water......
When I explained how I made the slurry and tested it they didn't want to talk about it or refund my money or hear my side of it so I moved on to Roots Organic>>it can be a little inconsistent as well but compared to Fox Farm Ocean Forest it is an improvement!
I still have friends in Cali who use Ocean Forest and have great results so I think it depends alot on where it was made.
All the bad soil I got came on a pallet that had been shipped from North Carolina, not California, like in the past......:pimp:

Bublonichronic

Bublonichronic

look im not saying fox farm is the greatest, im saying i like it the best out of everything iv tryd.... and i dont like when ppl make shit up about a product (expecially one that i really like) because they had a bad experience with it...like i said, iv been using it for roughly 3 years, and its been the same quality, consistently, and as far as i know, they have 1 facility where the dirt is made...IN CALIFORNIA ....i start seedlings in it and never get a brun....so i dont know where some ppl get that its to hot...but whatever, use what u want

waayne

waayne

Just sharing my experience bro.....
I'm glad you've had better results

It still doesn't change a thing about my experience
with their soil or customer service :pimp:

G

gonja4me

I too use Pro-Mix. Mostly because it's the best organic for the price. I haven't used it yet. It's going to be my next grow.

ynotFOREVER

ynotFOREVER

So how long have you worked for Fox Farms?...lol...

Not being a dick...but I dont give a shit what you think.

Figure it out yourself.....lol...

use their shitty soil.

I agree with the other dude, in the name of science and all who want true facts, u cant just say shit about fox farm, u need sources and proof.

ynotFOREVER

ynotFOREVER

look im not saying fox farm is the greatest, im saying i like it the best out of everything iv tryd.... and i dont like when ppl make shit up about a product (expecially one that i really like) because they had a bad experience with it...like i said, iv been using it for roughly 3 years, and its been the same quality, consistently, and as far as i know, they have 1 facility where the dirt is made...IN CALIFORNIA ....i start seedlings in it and never get a brun....so i dont know where some ppl get that its to hot...but whatever, use what u want

word up! all i used is ff and i have no complaints, well other then my experimenting with my home brewed teas. fox farm is high in nutes and when u add more to it its over doing it. so what i do now is just add some phosuphous during flowering (keep it too a minnumum) and thats it. i use two ts of budswell per gallon and i dillute it with 4 gallons of pure water.

B

Buddy Hemphill

I agree with the other dude, in the name of science and all who want true facts, u cant just say shit about fox farm, u need sources and proof.

I didn't post this because I figure I'll get an equal amount of flack. But here goes.

I used to live in McKinleyville. I had a friend that worked there at the time. He told me.

I had another friend who works at a grow store that sells HELLA soil. He had a customer that got centipedes from FF soil. They infested his whole house. FF told the grow store it was their problem. It got ugly.

No science or links. Just heresay. From folks I trust.

Bublonichronic

Bublonichronic

word up! all i used is ff and i have no complaints, well other then my experimenting with my home brewed teas. fox farm is high in nutes and when u add more to it its over doing it. so what i do now is just add some phosuphous during flowering (keep it too a minnumum) and thats it. i use two ts of budswell per gallon and i dillute it with 4 gallons of pure water.

right on bro, im not tryn to start any shit, just tryn to separate the BS from the facts, peace

I used to live in McKinleyville. I had a friend that worked there at the time. He told me.

I had another friend who works at a grow store that sells HELLA soil. He had a customer that got centipedes from FF soil. They infested his whole house. FF told the grow store it was their problem. It got ugly.

No science or links. Just heresay. From folks I trust.

unfortunately the "hearsay" that goes on in your circle of grower friends is not good enough for me brotha, im sorry

waayne

waayne

right on bro, im not tryn to start any shit, just tryn to separate the BS from the facts, peace

unfortunately the "hearsay" that goes on in your circle of grower friends is not good enough for me brotha, im sorry

So are you saying peoples experience with FF is "hearsay" or BS?
Growers experiences with soil and other products is just that >>>Their experience
We are all gonna have different results.
Some people love FF, some hate it, that's the reality, like it or not......

coloradochem

coloradochem

i got pm from fox farms, but thats just "heresay". i grow from seed, my clone onlys ive had for a long time. and no one but me goes into my grow space. i live in a very hot dry climate. theres only one place that pm could of came from. I switched to roots pm gone. again this is just heresay.

C

CT Guy

Bublonichronic,

What do you want exactly from people? Are you looking for a peer reviewed university study on Fox Farm? Not gonna happen....

People can really only share their experiences on here and you can weigh it and hopefully make a more informed decision.

If you want the low down on the product (how it's made, packaged, shipped, etc...) talk to Udanya Peace on here. He is a wealth of knowledge and he could tell you more about any of these brands and products than you could ever care to know.

Bublonichronic

Bublonichronic

So are you saying peoples experience with FF is "hearsay" or BS?
Growers experiences with soil and other products is just that >>>Their experience
We are all gonna have different results.
Some people love FF, some hate it, that's the reality, like it or not......

isnt there a difference between saying "oh i had a bad experience because of***** problem i had".....and being like "i had a bad experience, so they must have changed their ingrediens or used up their good stuff and the company is getting worse"

all i ask for was where he got this "hearsay"....and no, his "friends" word on fox farms humis deposit dosent mean shit to me, expecially since i have NEVER had a problem...maybe some fungus gnats, lol.....but if its good for you, good, dont use it...it really makes no difference to me guy

Top Bottom