Frankster's Diagnostic Helpline; post your problem child here.

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrowinYeti

GrowinYeti

If you need to store your lacto serum without refrigeration, add brown sugar until no more will dissolve. The average amount is about 1:1. Makes the bacteria go dormant. If it starts fermenting add more sugar(wife wonders where all the brown sugar went).
I use about 1 tsp of this per quart/2 liters of dechlorinated water for foliar and as adding moisture to my mulch layer almost daily. I just added nematodes and a Winecap Shroom culture to my pots so the moisture is necessary.
If you have ant issues, do not do this, they love the sugar.

BionicKroniK

BionicKroniK

Hey Frankie, just an update on our other problem child...🙃🤪🥴

BionicKroniK

BionicKroniK

Mahalo for all your help @Frankster! 👍🤜🤛😎

As for this "child", she's no problem (yet, but hopefully not lol), but this is our first time Auto and we haven't trimmed it, I wanted to see how she grew "free-style", hopefully into a Christmas Tree! lol I told CN that I was gonna decorate it too! 😄 Just wondering what everyone's intake and experiences are on growing autos?
Btw the GDP below is the problem child from my last pic above, along with the 2 Jack Herer in the middle...After Spa Day (trimming, stretching, dunkNsoak bathe, sunbathing)... 😎 ✌️

Last edited:
AZsunfarmer

AZsunfarmer

I need help with drying options. You got me to a finished flower product and now I have 2 options for drying. I have a humidity stable bathroom that is around 40% and ambient temperature around 71F. I also have a garage fridge that has a humidity in the 50-70% range but much cooler at around 50F. It’s hard to regulate the humidity and temp perfectly. When it’s warmer I can keep the fridge around 60F easy but it’s cold right now and I don’t have a heater. According to Grove bags they recommend never drying or curing above 60F. I’m afraid it’s too cold and humid in the garage and the second option above 60F in my bathroom worries me. I spent a lot of time getting to this point and I want to do what’s best. Maybe I’ll do half and half? It’s a lot of freakin flower man, I followed most of your advice and now I have about a years worth of AK-47, 🤣.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I need help with drying options. You got me to a finished flower product and now I have 2 options for drying. I have a humidity stable bathroom that is around 40% and ambient temperature around 71F. I also have a garage fridge that has a humidity in the 50-70% range but much cooler at around 50F. It’s hard to regulate the humidity and temp perfectly. When it’s warmer I can keep the fridge around 60F easy but it’s cold right now and I don’t have a heater. According to Grove bags they recommend never drying or curing above 60F. I’m afraid it’s too cold and humid in the garage and the second option above 60F in my bathroom worries me. I spent a lot of time getting to this point and I want to do what’s best. Maybe I’ll do half and half? It’s a lot of freakin flower man, I followed most of your advice and now I have about a years worth of AK-47, 🤣.
Use the search box up top and type in 'how to dry'. Thaousands of answers.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
If you need to store your lacto serum without refrigeration, add brown sugar until no more will dissolve. The average amount is about 1:1. Makes the bacteria go dormant. If it starts fermenting add more sugar(wife wonders where all the brown sugar went).
I use about 1 tsp of this per quart/2 liters of dechlorinated water for foliar and as adding moisture to my mulch layer almost daily. I just added nematodes and a Winecap Shroom culture to my pots so the moisture is necessary.
If you have ant issues, do not do this, they love the sugar.
Agreed, I ferment mine also on the countertop; almost daily. I even cap it to drive the co2 into the solutions; that way it bleeds out of the substrate over the course of the day. The real key here is determining which way your driving the pH. Lactobacillus & Streptomyces drive pH downward; and replication cycles are 2>4 hours; or so. So accounting for the sugar present is critical to controlling the process.

If your ferment is complete; or near complete before you add it; then you won't see much fluctuation.
IMG 20211218 130524280

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Hey Frankie, just an update on our other problem child...🙃🤪🥴
View attachment 1197137
Sorry for the late response; been putting out fires here at home.

GDP IMO is just a weirdo; genetically it's a freak strain and I've never seen something "original" that didn't have genetic defects. I'm not saying there not out there however. Just my personal observation. Probably a good sign that it's still a pure line, possibly. That said; it's a really unique strain, an important genetic fork. I think that's why it's genetic defects are largely ignored.

Some strains are just freak isolates, and tend to be this way.

What I did with mine was breed it too the Gorilla, and that's given it a tremendous amount of vigor. While preserving many of it's interesting qualities. Too be clear, it's no longer GDP, but something different. Certainly not a perfect solution.

My advice would be to watch the nutrients closely, and not overdo. This one might be a bit of a lighter feeder; possibly.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter

Given the choices your presenting here, I would say 50-70% should be fine if you've got some air movement and it's plenty cool out there. I wouldn't keep it in the fridge where it's not getting some fresh air cycling in, cause the water in the plant will be trapped in there. Needs to breath somehow.

65% is ideal; and cooler the better IMO, up to a point anyhow. 60f is fine. I think 40%@ 71f is a bad idea, if it can be avoided. If you go the first route, make sure you get the big fans off, stripped down appropriately; check it often; so you don't run into problems. Monitor the actual humidity; if possible.

If you see any signs of excessive moisture mitigate them somehow. (increased air flow for one) But a nice slow; cool; controlled pulling out of moisture is what were shooting for here. Big thick dense buds cure differently than thinner fluffier flowers. Both can be cured perfectly, but what you've got to put in place during that timeline is slightly different. (if that makes sense).

I shoot for around 3 weeks controlled dry, then into jars.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter

Triacontan-1-ol
Other names
1-Triacontanol
n-Triacontanol
Melissyl alcohol
Myricyl alcohol

1-Triacontanol (n-triacontanol) is a fatty alcohol of the general formula C30H62O, also known as melissyl alcohol or myricyl alcohol. It is found in plant cuticle waxes and in beeswax. Triacontanol is a growth stimulant

IMG 20211218 140122736
IMG 20211218 140600807

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Triacontan-1-ol
Other names
1-Triacontanol
n-Triacontanol
Melissyl alcohol
Myricyl alcohol

1-Triacontanol (n-triacontanol) is a fatty alcohol of the general formula C30H62O, also known as melissyl alcohol or myricyl alcohol. It is found in plant cuticle waxes and in beeswax. Triacontanol is a growth stimulant

View attachment 1198094View attachment 1198095
Gday Frankster I have heard a lot of people who use triacontanol have a bit of a problem finishing there girls up like massive from Green planet if u use it to late in flower it can cause foxtailing and such is there any truth to that or just bro science apparently it does up your yield though🤷‍♂️

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Gday Frankster I have heard a lot of people who use triacontanol have a bit of a problem finishing there girls up like massive from Green planet if u use it to late in flower it can cause foxtailing and such is there any truth to that or just bro science apparently it does up your yield though🤷‍♂️
Not for sure; but sounds about right. All agree anything applied late into the cycle can create problems. Triacontanol extends plant aging (helps them ripen longer) so if it's used late, could create many problems; I think timing and dose; are critical.

This is new territory for me, took it up after hearing about it from trusted advice. (aquaman) I certainly can see it's helping at this stage, (why I've shared this information) no doubts about that one; I'm trying to dial in dosagea at this point. I usually hit my plants the hardest in the first; second and third week of flowering. The pH is low as you can see in the test tube above, looks about pH 5, or 5.2 from the looks of it. Very low, so I'm monitoring that one.

What's notable about the spray's I've concocted it the amount of foam in them. Seems the Triacontanol solution creates foaming action; in conjunction with the small amount of tween 20 (polysorbate) required to induce solubility. Appears to have a high surfactant activity about it.

Triacontanol improves the rate of cell division that produces larger roots and shoots. It has been shown that if triacontanol is applied during the maximized growth period of a plant in a appropriate amount, it enhances the enzymatic activity in the roots and hormone functionality increasing the overall performance of the plant. Triacontanol increases the rate of photosynthesis and producing more sugar or glucose. TBH, I don't think the mechanisms are well understood at this time; we just know it works, but not exactly how.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Solubilized linalool terpene solution; pH slightly under 5 or there about. To be added into the feed schedule during mid flowering. I also use it for cleaning sometimes. 😃 Awesome scent.

Nature is an excellent source of molecules with antitumor activity. Approximately 60% of the anticancer drugs currently available for clinical use come from natural sources, including most of the antineoplastic drugs against NSCLC. Linalool and 1,8-cineole have been evaluated as potential chemopreventive and chemotherapeutic molecules as mono-drug agents or combined with conventional drugs. Numerous in vitro and in vivo studies demonstrated the anticancer potential of these monoterpenes in lung, liver, breast, ovarian, skin, cervical, colon, sarcoma, glioma, leukemia, prostate, oral, and gastric cancer cells. Nevertheless, to our knowledge, the mechanisms by which linalool and 1,8-cineole impair the proliferation of NSCLC A549 cells remain unexplored.

IMG 20211219 121932996

IMG 20211219 122303981

IMG 20211219 122438379

Last edited:
BionicKroniK

BionicKroniK

Sorry for the late response; been putting out fires here at home.

GDP IMO is just a weirdo; genetically it's a freak strain and I've never seen something "original" that didn't have genetic defects. I'm not saying there not out there however. Just my personal observation. Probably a good sign that it's still a pure line, possibly. That said; it's a really unique strain, an important genetic fork. I think that's why it's genetic defects are largely ignored.

Some strains are just freak isolates, and tend to be this way.

What I did with mine was breed it too the Gorilla, and that's given it a tremendous amount of vigor. While preserving many of it's interesting qualities. Too be clear, it's no longer GDP, but something different. Certainly not a perfect solution.

My advice would be to watch the nutrients closely, and not overdo. This one might be a bit of a lighter feeder; possibly.
@Frankster...Np, thanks for your interesting reply! 👍 😎
The first GDP we grew was ONOliciously good, the taste and the "medicinal" affects! I like the vigor of the plant, and it's very forgiving, but I've never seen a plant turn chameleon on us in SO many different ways too! 🤣 I haven't searched it in over a week, but I'll be doing some final trimming before flipping the GDP, so we'll see what kinds of goodies she has for us this time! 🤦‍♀️😂

@Frankster and Gang...

Because we're in the process of moving, these are our Christmas Trees! 🎄🎄🎄🎄😎✌️

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

@Frankster...Np, thanks for your interesting reply! 👍 😎
The first GDP we grew was ONOliciously good, the taste and the "medicinal" affects! I like the vigor of the plant, and it's very forgiving, but I've never seen a plant turn chameleon on us in SO many different ways too! 🤣 I haven't searched it in over a week, but I'll be doing some final trimming before flipping the GDP, so we'll see what kinds of goodies she has for us this time! 🤦‍♀️😂

@Frankster and Gang...
View attachment 1200617
Because we're in the process of moving, these are our Christmas Trees! 🎄🎄🎄🎄😎✌️
😂😂 they should be everyone’s Christmas trees BK love it hope you and CN enjoy the move👍

BionicKroniK

BionicKroniK

😂😂 they should be everyone’s Christmas trees BK love it hope you and CN enjoy the move👍
Yep and thanks! lol I wanted to put this Star rotating colorful light thingy we've been using for the Christmas tree top, but WE can't find it, so I used the reindeers instead! 👍 😎

Top Bottom