Frankster's Diagnostic Helpline; post your problem child here.

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Had the same problem, Arizona. Let them go extra long but the trikes just didn’t materialize in any great number. Still stumped. Seed supplier problems from the get-go. Maybe got sent someCBD leaning strains? Were started late and had a rough start? Buds were hard and sticky but trike development sucked! Wound up with a bunch of mediocre weed. Outdoors. Win some and you lose some. Good luck.
Was it summertime?

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
UV light makes trichs grow.
Yea; I use this in my grow room; in addition to the high intensity Samsung 301H @3500k and Osram 660. A whole 55w of pure UV 75% UV-B, 25% UV-A

4′ 64 inches cover 4’x4′
UV light is measured in micro-watts per square centimeter (µW/cm²) “µ” is the symbol for “micro-watt” UV-B occurs naturally in sunlight. Much of the UV-B light produced by the sun is absorbed by the Earth’s ozone layer. However, depending on your location on the globe, the season of the year, and the time of the day UV-B levels can be upwards of 400 µW/cm²

New Grow Hack Increases THC Levels By 28% is what it claims, although I attribute it to around 10-15% increase, and some added complexity, flavors, smells. It helps, no doubt about that one. It's a part of the LED complexity puzzle.

Last edited:
Clyde4210

Clyde4210

Here's mine. I think the heat off the hydroton was or is causing it to canoe. It needs something but not sure what. That's 3 weeks old from seed. Sour Diesel Auto Flower. Not sure if I start 2 week veg or stay on first week? I don't have meters yet. I will have Bluelab Guardian Monitor soon. That's the best I can do for now, switch out buckets. Any thoughts?

The users here got me those pics as it wasn't doing so good Tuesday. That's a major improvement.
IMG 20211120 035906321
IMG 20211120 035856305
IMG 20211120 035842960

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Mr.Franky my man. Need to add me on the app bro. Lost all my contacts because I'm the kinda guy that uses like 3 passwords for 25yrs on every account I have ever made.

I'm SMRT like that. 😉

Same for anyone else I'm missing.
well live and learn brother. 🤔I hope your on track again.
Here's mine. I think the heat off the hydroton was or is causing it to canoe. It needs something but not sure what. That's 3 weeks old from seed. Sour Diesel Auto Flower. Not sure if I start 2 week veg or stay on first week? I don't have meters yet. I will have Bluelab Guardian Monitor soon. That's the best I can do for now, switch out buckets. Any thoughts?

The users here got me those pics as it wasn't doing so good Tuesday. That's a major improvement.
View attachment 1190009View attachment 1190010View attachment 1190011
Hard to say, looks pretty good from here, actually. I see a little stress, but otherwise; only thing I could suggest is back her off a tad perhaps.

Is this a hydro project? DWC?

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Yeah I was impressed by that too... thought I had 2 more than others lol.

And I regularly had to put in all 3 before logging in somewhere.
So we got to get you using the PW manager, and keeping that lead PW over say 16-20 characters, depending on how many characters your using. That way it will be a little more challenging to get in your business next time.🤓

Think of something you remember well when younger. (long) Say a combination of an original address number, (don't tell us) 🤫 or a road name, school or something that's a bit on the longer side. Like your first dog's name and birth day, or a bday with spelled out month, days mixed in rotation that only you can decipher. Or your favorite crush name spelled backward, and her boob size, something that sticks in your head.

Once you got that, just keep your other PW in the lockbox. easy peasy.

Last edited:
Clyde4210

Clyde4210

Here's mine. I think the heat off the hydroton was or is causing it to canoe. It needs something but not sure what. That's 3 weeks old from seed. Sour Diesel Auto Flower. Not sure if I start 2 week veg or stay on first week? I don't have meters yet. I will have Bluelab Guardian Monitor soon. That's the best I can do for now, switch out buckets. Any thoughts

View attachment 1190009View attachment 1190010View attachment 1190011
well live and learn brother. 🤔I hope your on track again.

Hard to say, looks pretty good from here, actually. I see a little stress, but otherwise; only thing I could suggest is back her off a tad perhaps.

Is this a hydro project? DWC?
Yes first time grow and it's dump and waste dwc. It's soaked right now waiting on it too dry up.

I have roots right at the top of the rapid rooter. That could be the stress because it's every set of new leaves one is always bad. I'm not sure how to fix it yet. You're right it's not bad looking now but it sure wasn't.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Cat damage. lol. 😅 Fucking Boz and his voracious appetite. He usually pukes up it up in the hallway as a morning present.

IMG 20211122 051434992
IMG 20211122 051440793
IMG 20211122 051447731
CheetoSaver

CheetoSaver

1st grow.
Meet my girls. Blue Dream.
(1st pic is my sick girl. 2nd pic is the one that looks okay)

Same everything but 1 girl isn't feeling sassy.

5 gal buckets.
6 week into veg
Ferts: Using Fox Farm Trio feeding schedule.
Light: 1000 wat light 2 feet above, but dimmed to 1/2 after I saw her leaves.
Temp: 72.
Light schedule: 18/6 but was planning to flip until I saw this.

Light burn? Doesn't have burnt edges, no sign of bugs, those little bastards, so what did I do wrong?

20211122 133121
20211122 132929
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

How much drainage do you have in those buckets?
Do you have the fan hitting the plants straight on? Its making the edges roll.

CheetoSaver

CheetoSaver

Oohh crap
Duh!
sigh Yes to the fan. It hits them and while gentle and oscillating, its definitely hitting them dead on.
Could it be more simple?
facepalm. Drainage in buckets...
They are buckets inside of buckets (I removed the under under my ailing girl for the pic) Each bucket has 6 holes for drainage.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Oohh crap
Duh!
sigh Yes to the fan. It hits them and while gentle and oscillating, its definitely hitting them dead on.
Could it be more simple?
facepalm. Drainage in buckets...
They are buckets inside of buckets (I removed the under under my ailing girl for the pic) Each bucket has 6 holes for drainage.
I would most certainly back off the lights, that could have (possibly) precipitated all of this, no doubt, but it appear a multifaceted decline here. My guess is they were doing excellent; and this came on very suddenly.

Like they were being pushed, both photosynthetically, and nutrient ppm or ratio whatever; then hit a snag; resulting in a domino effect.... I've seen this many times with my plants. It looks like a potassium (too much or too little) involvement, by the curling edges. Difficult to say for sure, as potassium is a huge part in maintaining water channels. ie. helps plants use water and resist drought. Just need too back everything off, and let things reboot themselves.

I would do say 50% sunlight and reduced your ppm by a few hundred, until it recovers. Paying close attention to your parameters. Temps; humidity; airflow, light; RH & pH, any of those could have nudged it off it's perch. From there; it's a cascade occurrence, cause you had the grow parameter tightly strung.

Last edited:
CheetoSaver

CheetoSaver

...My guess is they were doing excellent; and this came on very suddenly....
Nailed it.
Except that 1 girl is fine, the other not so. Same set up, same everything. Who knows? First grow learning curve, I guess lol

Lowered lights, going to do more PH testing, and curb the urge to throw anything at it except time.
Thank you for your help :)

C

Crazychug

1st grow.
Sour Diesel Strain
First time on this website
I was at first growing two plants but after my first plant got topped I immediately saw signs my plant was not happy. I have another plant that I still grow but she is showing signs of the earlier plant. The first plant that showed signs of stress I got rid of thinking it was maybe root rot but after going through and looking at the roots, the roots were looking very healthy and very white. The plants are showing signs of stunted growth and curling of leaves (clawing). Only newer growth is showing these signs of stress where on the other hand older leaves seem to be dying off on the bottom part of the plant. There seems to be very little growth and they have been in flower cycle for about two weeks.

- Light cycle before flower cycle was 18/6
- Light cycle is 12/12
- Watering is from a run off barrel off the back of the house and the PH is around 6.2 to 6.9 with cheap testers I have
- Temp is normally around 74-80 degrees Fahrenheit and humidity around 30-40
- 450w Viparspectra LED
- Soil is Fox Farm Potting Soil
- I water when dry but do get attached to plants and sometimes get carried away with how much water they need.
- I have fan in there running at all times
- I also have a Vivo Sun Air Filter
-Vivo Sun grow tent
- Plastic five gallon buckets with drainage holes ( moving to 5 gallon fabric pots after this grow)

Thank you in advance. I found out I really like growing these plants but I am getting discouraged by the results. I am also on a budget so I might not have all the tools I need.

IMG 1778
IMG 1779
IMG 1784
IMG 1780
IMG 1783
IMG 1782

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
...My guess is they were doing excellent; and this came on very suddenly....
Nailed it.
Except that 1 girl is fine, the other not so. Same set up, same everything. Who knows? First grow learning curve, I guess lol

Lowered lights, going to do more PH testing, and curb the urge to throw anything at it except time.
Thank you for your help :)
Yea; next time, if your pushing things along, just pay close attention, and if you see it start to go over the rails, pull it back fast. lower light, decrease ppm, ect.

Top Bottom