Frankster's Diagnostic Helpline; post your problem child here.

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
IMG 20211110 144620633

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Nice seedlings. They look healthy. I just germinated some seeds. First time with feminized. They had a harder time growing than previous seedlings. And one of them looks like its struggles.

Pics of struggling one. The others look normal

20211108 134754
20211108 134751
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Is this a sign of over watering or under watering? I don’t water them but every 3 days and it’s just getting worse.

I just took this pic, the drooping is getting worse. Could it be my light? I have the sf1000 but I have 5 plants growing. Should I get the sf3000? I have a 2x2 tent.
Yea, that's what it looks like too me. That ones and outlier out along your edge; and it's not getting enough light; all the symptoms there. long reaching nodes. My guess is also air flow perhaps, and general overcrowded conditions. Probably not transpiring much, so it's not drinking much either, is my guess.

Feel the heft of the pot's, is it way lighter than usual? Or is it heavy, and full of hydration.

Almost looks like sulfur deficiency starting to occur also; I would spray it with epsom salts; get more lighting; circulation if possible.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Nice seedlings. They look healthy. I just germinated some seeds. First time with feminized. They had a harder time growing than previous seedlings. And one of them looks like its struggles.

Pics of struggling one. The others look normal
Yea, hard to tell for sure. Cant see it really well. sometimes when the shell comes off, it sticks on there. There's also an inner membrane under the shell that needs to be shed, like afterbirth.

So I generally spray them with a little water, when the husk is almost cleared, and wet it, then make sure all the afterbirth gets off the baby leaves. So it can pop open proper, and within a good timeline. If the seed doesn't clear it's shell by a certain point, it loses some energy.

That said, I think that just looks like perhaps some soil that's bit on the hotter side, or a bit too much light out of the gate. Too low RH during sprout can cause some difficulty also, should be 90%, ideally. It's a crap shoot, there's a few possibilities with this one.

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Thanks for the reply frank :) good points. That one struggled a bit with letting go of the Shell. The Shell sat a bit too hard on it for me to take it off with my fingers.

Thanks for the educating response.

I will try and nurture it to health, I guess that one will be much slower than the rest.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself
You gotta believe in foolish miracles
It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose
You can choose
Don't confuse
Win or lose
It's up to you

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
You play guitar?
No, but lots of my friends that do over the years. I just actually carried a Squier Classic over to a friend who's dealing with cancer and brightened his day a little; his third instrument, he's got a Gibson and I think a Stratocaster up there, so this adds to the collection. I know it will be cared for properly.

I send him batches of potent cookies and usually a small part of my grows. I certainly try to share with the less fortunate, and help where I can. He might not survive; so I want him to enjoy some normalcy, he's pretty isolated; mother just died a few months back. An introverted recluse, basically.

This need to get this over there; but I don't dive much anymore. Trucks been parked for over a year now, and I don't feel like hauling it on the bus. Needs to be sorted; I'm a bad procrastinator these days.
IMG 20211115 170213847

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Last edited:
Top Bottom