Frankster's Diagnostic Helpline; post your problem child here.

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Your friend is very Lucky to have a good friend like you frank. Good going !

did not iintend to make you Sad. I am interested in guitars myself and looking to get my first electric sometime soon

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Your friend is very Lucky to have a good friend like you frank. Good going !

did not iintend to make you Sad. I am interested in guitars myself and looking to get my first electric sometime soon
Nah, it's alright. I guess I'm a bit of a closeted singer. I always was interested in musical instruments; and have above average dexterity, I'm actually both left and right handed, just never took the time. I guess there's a bit of regret, that I haven't taken the time to learn how to play. I've even got a decent harmonica, but don't try. Now my carpal is so bad, it would be more difficult.

I've been recommended to surgery years ago, but I don't want to go get cut on. I've actually been delaying a few surgeries cause I'm not big on the idea of some of my medical options. I guess working on the surgical units all those years has made me a bit of a skeptic, I suppose. I don't trust the process anymore. Maybe if things get more dire I'll reconsider.

I'm just getting older and less capable than my younger years and need too reinvent my purpose in life a little. I hope to be around for a while longer, if possible.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Antibiotic up!
Symbiote
/ˈsimˌbīˌōt,ˈsimbēˌōt/
noun

BIOLOGY
plural noun: symbiotes
  1. an organism living in symbiosis with another; a symbiont.

One of my many little "treatments", lactobacillus probiotics, like acidophilus could also be used. But I generally use mostly streptomyces nigrescens, specifically for this part, cause it produces antibiotics, and some antifungals; all good stuff... Doing these things early in the cycles; and especially during bud setting is important.

So many developmental appropriate routines. I have a list of them in my head, actually.

I take real care to spray and inoculate the undersides, nodes, and whatnot specifically. There's a trace amount of sugar in those microbes; like perhaps 100mg, or 1/32 tsp in a pint; sucrose in honey works really well. Always pH balanced. Allows them to colonize in various places. Streptomyces are Actinobacteria, that scavengers for things like fungi, it eats them for lunch...

These particular organisms have a high GC-content (or guanine-cytosine content)
In polymerase chain reaction (PCR) experiments, the GC-content of short oligonucleotides known as primers is often used to predict their annealing temperature to the template DNA. A higher GC-content level indicates a relatively higher melting temperature.
GC content is found to be variable with different organisms, the process of which is envisaged to be contributed to by variation in selection, mutational bias, and biased recombination-associated DNA repair.

streptomyces nigrescens has a GC-content, 70.5 mol% .. (which is high) So effectively what I'm doing here is "encouraging" generic variation within the plant tissues.... encouraging more complex DNA, cause I'm using a more highly complex "evolved" microbe, to clean the plant.

600px AT GC

Streptomyces nigrescens produces 5-alkyl-1,2,3,4-tetrahydroquinolines and the antibiotics phoslactomycin A - F (smells like funky cheese)
IMG 20211116 002517296
IMG 20211116 002538178

Last edited:
Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

I felt too old to start learning guitar when I was 27 years old or something but I did not give a f and started practicing the guitar duet from dueling banjos(deliverance movie)

Its a bit cliche to say its not too late until you dead. And mastering something new is a good feeling

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I felt too old to start learning guitar when I was 27 years old or something but I did not give a f and started practicing the guitar duet from dueling banjos(deliverance movie)

Its a bit cliche to say its not too late until you dead. And mastering something new is a good feeling
Yea, banjo's sounds fun. Picking is cool stuff IMO, so many different styles to play. No I'm certainly not too old to learn.
Man, this last batch is so damn oily, I have too roll them a bit smaller and looser so they don't get too bad.

I'm really happy with this last run. Really hitting on all cylinders. very complex narcotic stone. hits you right in the head, bam. 🥴
Instruments need to be finely tuned to be appreciated; lots of care for items; an investment if you really want to submerge yourself into learning. I suppose you can get pretty darn good with simple acoustic, no doubt. But musical equipment is like anything else, once you immerse yourself in it completely, it gets more expensive to maintain.

IMG 20211116 024249449
IMG 20211116 024134368
Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Calcium excess.... out the tips Notice how it looks and burn this into memory. Deficit; is similar, but more diffuse and consistent throughout the leaf.
This is a good example; I think.

*keep in mind; this is a pH & cold weather related issue also. all are contributing factors. usually <6pH causes problems.

IMG 20211116 001257165
IMG 20211116 001241243
Calcium3 533x412
Last edited:
Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

I play acoustic guitar not banjo. Just to be clear:) yes you are right.
Acoustic are Nice for a lot of styles, but if you wanna rock the electric guitar with a good amp does it.. :)

I too had some weed that was very oily. But I take that as a quality mark. Have you cured them for long before? Maybe the oil level will lessen a bit on a long cure..

I noticed there seems to be a sweeter taste after 1 month in bags, 2 months even better. Havent managed to have something long enough to cure longer than that..

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
The primary function of calcium in plant growth is to provide structural support to cell walls. Calcium also serves as a secondary messenger when plants are physically or biochemically stressed. ...

It's the real diver molecule, IMO, behind plant growth (along with sulfur, for forming chlorophyll) and I use some calcium hydroxide to regulate my pH mixtures. So early on I run into this issue occasionally, especially with new spouts, but the plant is generally able to overcome it pretty easily, once it gains mass, and leaves. It's able to accelerate out of it, especially once the pH or cold stress is resolved.

I play acoustic guitar not banjo. Just to be clear:) yes you are right.
Acoustic are Nice for a lot of styles, but if you wanna rock the electric guitar with a good amp does it.. :)

I too had some weed that was very oily. But I take that as a quality mark. Have you cured them for long before? Maybe the oil level will lessen a bit on a long cure..

I noticed there seems to be a sweeter taste after 1 month in bags, 2 months even better. Havent managed to have something long enough to cure longer than that..

Yea, I agree. Especially if it's good; well cured and packed into jars. I think 3 or 4 months is prime, actually. Maybe even two for some strains. Others like it a bit older; say 6 months.. I do enjoy fresh cannabis that's of outstanding quality, actually. Certainly it gets smoother with time, more complexity it seems.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
i complain a lot because the basic information for cannabis is not there. right now i am researching some information on indoor growing and the seasons.

i understand, at least on a rudimentary level, that light does many things, triggers many things, and is very important. but do the other factors of seasonal change do things, or trigger things?

things like the earth tips more sideways and magnetic energy changes. this plays a role in everything. what role does it play on flora, more specific on cannabis?

to rephrase, more than light hours changes with seasonal flux, do any of these changes do something (most things seem to be triggers to produce or stop producing some hormone.) to/for the plant?

i started this hunt because of clones. i have never had a problem rooting most any plant i want. i can even root a rose cutting (if you have tried, you know this is something!) i have taken a clone from a less than an inch long bit and from the stalk after it is all woody. i never have issues, i seem to have a knack. i just have good "luck" with clones.

i never thought about how, but i just seem to do what it takes. here, you sometimes are asked how to do it, or why they die and things. that has led me to try to find out, not just "heres what i do" because i realize i alter things with seasons and how the cutting feels in my fingers.

so, i guess my question is; do you know of any solid research on how other seasonal changes (like axis tilt, magnetic pull, or any of the things besides light hours and intensity that change seasonally.) impact the plant.

not an awful lot is known on any fauna about magnetic changes or anything but light/dark cycle.. but they have taken things off the planet to see how it went. just not the particular questions i ponder!

im making progress. i need to concoct some experiments that will isolate and test, but im not coming up with any i can do with any speed. i keep data and make spreadsheets, maybe it will all mean something at some point.

what i do know, i can duplicate (mostly) so i have whittled away at the easy stuff, i need to find the studies, or do some manner of experiment. the more difficult thing is how and what to try! i cant speed up, tilt nor magnetize the playing field.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
i complain a lot because the basic information for cannabis is not there. right now i am researching some information on indoor growing and the seasons.

i understand, at least on a rudimentary level, that light does many things, triggers many things, and is very important. but do the other factors of seasonal change do things, or trigger things?

things like the earth tips more sideways and magnetic energy changes. this plays a role in everything. what role does it play on flora, more specific on cannabis?

to rephrase, more than light hours changes with seasonal flux, do any of these changes do something (most things seem to be triggers to produce or stop producing some hormone.) to/for the plant?

i started this hunt because of clones. i have never had a problem rooting most any plant i want. i can even root a rose cutting (if you have tried, you know this is something!) i have taken a clone from a less than an inch long bit and from the stalk after it is all woody. i never have issues, i seem to have a knack. i just have good "luck" with clones.

i never thought about how, but i just seem to do what it takes. here, you sometimes are asked how to do it, or why they die and things. that has led me to try to find out, not just "heres what i do" because i realize i alter things with seasons and how the cutting feels in my fingers.

so, i guess my question is; do you know of any solid research on how other seasonal changes (like axis tilt, magnetic pull, or any of the things besides light hours and intensity that change seasonally.) impact the plant.

not an awful lot is known on any fauna about magnetic changes or anything but light/dark cycle.. but they have taken things off the planet to see how it went. just not the particular questions i ponder!

im making progress. i need to concoct some experiments that will isolate and test, but im not coming up with any i can do with any speed. i keep data and make spreadsheets, maybe it will all mean something at some point.

what i do know, i can duplicate (mostly) so i have whittled away at the easy stuff, i need to find the studies, or do some manner of experiment. the more difficult thing is how and what to try! i cant speed up, tilt nor magnetize the playing field.
Interesting thought; certainly the angle of the sun; and it's position in the sky are huge factors in the filtering of light, and how it arrives at the plant. It plays a major role in plant signaling; senescence and aging... The plant is filled with metals, so I think magnetic fields play a role, no doubt. My guess is that it plays an outsized role early on, as the tiny plant takes on new metals.... It's small body mass is subject to the forces; and lessens as more mass accumulates.

Potassium
Electrical resistivity72 nΩ⋅m (at 20 °C)
Magnetic orderingparamagnetic
Molar magnetic susceptibility+20.8×10−6 cm3/mol (298 K)
Young's modulus3.53 GPa
Calcium
Electrical resistivity33.6 nΩ⋅m (at 20 °C)
Magnetic orderingdiamagnetic
Molar magnetic susceptibility+40.0×10−6 cm3/mol
Young's modulus20 GPa

Conclusions:
I have found that the plants surrounded with a magnetic field tend to grow faster, taller, bigger, and healthier, as measured by the plant height, leaf size, and selected parameters related to their health status. The germination rate in the first week is significantly higher with than without magnetic field. The magnetic field may also supply energy, as reflected by my observation that removal of magnetism causes the plant stem to bend. The results confirm my hypothesis that magnetism affects plant growth and health. In the literature, most similar studies have found the positive effect of magnetism on plant growth, but few have reported the magnetic effect on plant health. Moreover, a new finding in my experiment, which has not been reported in the literature, is the potential relationship between magnetism and plant energy. It means that magnetism affects both the structure and function of a plant. Finally, it was not suggested by my study that the magnetic field caused any negative biological effect, as far as the plant growth and development is concerned.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Interesting thought; certainly the angle of the sun; and it's position in the sky are huge factors in the filtering of light, and how it arrives at the plant. It plays a major role in plant signaling; senescence and aging... The plant is filled with metals, so I think magnetic fields play a role, no doubt. My guess is that it plays an outsized role early on, as the tiny plant takes on new metals....

Potassium
Electrical resistivity72 nΩ⋅m (at 20 °C)
Magnetic orderingparamagnetic
Molar magnetic susceptibility+20.8×10−6 cm3/mol (298 K)
Young's modulus3.53 GPa
Calcium
Electrical resistivity33.6 nΩ⋅m (at 20 °C)
Magnetic orderingdiamagnetic
Molar magnetic susceptibility+40.0×10−6 cm3/mol
Young's modulus20 GPa

Conclusions:
I have found that the plants surrounded with a magnetic field tend to grow faster, taller, bigger, and healthier, as measured by the plant height, leaf size, and selected parameters related to their health status. The germination rate in the first week is significantly higher with than without magnetic field. The magnetic field may also supply energy, as reflected by my observation that removal of magnetism causes the plant stem to bend. The results confirm my hypothesis that magnetism affects plant growth and health. In the literature, most similar studies have found the positive effect of magnetism on plant growth, but few have reported the magnetic effect on plant health. Moreover, a new finding in my experiment, which has not been reported in the literature, is the potential relationship between magnetism and plant energy. It means that magnetism affects both the structure and function of a plant. Finally, it was not suggested by my study that the magnetic field caused any negative biological effect, as far as the plant growth and development is concerned.
What level of gauss are we looking at here?

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
What level of gauss are we looking at here?
One gauss corresponds to 10-4 tesla (T), the International System Unit. The gauss is equal to 1 maxwell per square centimetre, or 10−4
Yea, lots of variables here, do we bring in a black hole? 😱 Let the plant grow along the singularity? I think timing will become an issue, TBH. 🤓
Blackholes singularity

BionicKroniK

BionicKroniK

Yep, you're never too old/young to learn any thing, imo and coming from working with Special Needs Children and Adults for years, so there's HOPE! 👍 😎🎸

@ComfortablyNumb wanted to learn how to play a guitar back in his 40's, although he already knew how to play the mandolin. He ordered an Esteban from online, came with a music book, DVD, guitar case and cords, etc., but he needed a LIVE teacher in front of him, so he searched within our New Hope church among the Pastors that played guitar on the Praise and Worship team, but everyone was either busy or didn't know how to "teach", so he taught himself. He ended up forming his own music class within the church called "Jammin' With Jesus", teaching guitar/ukulele (I have a koa Pono 8-string ukulele)...Added to his collection besides the Esteban is a Takamine "Law Suit Ghost" (HE can explain it 😂, pretty cool story behind how he acquired it, and NO he didn't steal it! 👍🤣), his "Beach-banger" guitar lol, mandolin...He had couple electric guitars, but gave one to his teen student who was getting good with an acoustic and he wanted to learn on an electric, and sold the 2nd one, he may have others hiding around the house, who knows...🙃🤪😉✌️

Our oldest granddaughter is the singer AND guitar player, her Papa taught her at age 7 👍🥰 , and she sings too while we're all playing and jammin' together, miss them days, they're in Texas...

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

My Ghost is one of the Takamine/Martin lawsuit edition. And because of a fire at the factory 20 years ago, its full history is lost, hence, 'Ghost'.
A sweeter more resonant top you won't find, and this is laminated. Adirondack spruce top, maple sides and back. I use #9 DR Rare's.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Yep, you're never too old/young to learn any thing, imo and coming from working with Special Needs Children and Adults for years, so there's HOPE! 👍 😎🎸

@ComfortablyNumb wanted to learn how to play a guitar back in his 40's, although he already knew how to play the mandolin. He ordered an Esteban from online, came with a music book, DVD, guitar case and cords, etc., but he needed a LIVE teacher in front of him, so he searched within our New Hope church among the Pastors that played guitar on the Praise and Worship team, but everyone was either busy or didn't know how to "teach", so he taught himself. He ended up forming his own music class within the church called "Jammin' With Jesus", teaching guitar/ukulele (I have a koa Pono 8-string ukulele)...Added to his collection besides the Esteban is a Takamine "Law Suit Ghost" (HE can explain it 😂, pretty cool story behind how he acquired it, and NO he didn't steal it! 👍🤣), his "Beach-banger" guitar lol, mandolin...He had couple electric guitars, but gave one to his teen student who was getting good with an acoustic and he wanted to learn on an electric, and sold the 2nd one, he may have others hiding around the house, who knows...🙃🤪😉✌️

Our oldest granddaughter is the singer AND guitar player, her Papa taught her at age 7 👍🥰 , and she sings too while we're all playing and jammin' together, miss them days, they're in Texas...
lol, that's funny. You guys need to post up a video or something.😆

Top Bottom