Fresh Run Fresh Room Refuge Center

• Thread starter gardnguyahoy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

What happened to Jim?

• Total voters
stonestacker

stonestacker

Hay @G gnome & @sixstring I was talking to a friend yesterday he was saying how he quarters his deer and ages it for two weeks in a fridge before butchering. Says it has made he venison so much better. I had one of those duh moments. That makes too much sense.

sixstring

sixstring

Hay @G gnome & @sixstring I was talking to a friend yesterday he was saying how he quarters his deer and ages it for two weeks in a fridge before butchering. Says it has made he venison so much better. I had one of those duh moments. That makes too much sense.

My butcher says deer dont have the same enzymes as beef so aging is actually not a good thing.prolly fine in a fridge or cooler but you have to be carefull it dont spoil.but how much fat and what each deer eats can really have an impact on flavor and tenderness.worst deer i even had was a 6 year old buck i shot in a swamp.tough gamey bastage lol

G gnome

G gnome

My butcher says deer dont have the same enzymes as beef so aging is actually not a good thing.prolly fine in a fridge or cooler but you have to be carefull it dont spoil.but how much fat and what each deer eats can really have an impact on flavor and tenderness.worst deer i even had was a 6 year old buck i shot in a swamp.tough gamey bastage lol
I done research on aging myself and have chosen not too fer the same reasons. Those old bucks are best fer ground meat and jerky haha

Darkstreets

Darkstreets

we kill and gut and grab the tenderloins right off its back while its still steaming and bbq them bitches that night, the rest of the deer goes to the butcher the next morning after hanging for a night. always great tasting meat!

str8smokn

str8smokn

Dirtied up and repotted for the smallest clone to flower.
STR8

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

My fucking cats think our tree is an actual tree and climb the damn thing!

Came home the other day and walked by it and something caught my eye so I went back and there was a cat 10" from the top!
Yup they do that :) who needs a star?
Dirtied up and repotted for the smallest clone to flower.
View attachment 556466 STR8
That thing is lookin waaaay too big. :)

Anyone ever try to flower something this small before?

Latest posts

Top Bottom