• Tagged users None

What happened to Jim?

• Total voters
BlackSheepOG

BlackSheepOG

Glue......

str8smokn

str8smokn

@mittenmedgrow I have a friend with a Red 57' Chevy 454 blown ,full off resto.
He took it to the Horse power tour last year and was offered $120,000.00 for it but he wanted $150, ish..
I will try to find pics tomorrow,it's on my old phone..
He build a 32 roadster from scratch. Ordered the frame from Cali and all sheet metal, and built it for a guy in Germany .

That's funny you show a blue one, that's the color his was when he traded his 34roadster for it,but he hates blue..
He had to rebuild the motor and had it blueprinted. Very nice car ..
His is in the horse power magazine when they were in Memphis,T.N

Looks very nice.. I love old cars.
My pops has a 58' Bel Air
A 56' Chevy Panle
A 53' Desoto that needs complete work over
83' El Camino

I'm riding a 86 Chevy C10
I know it's not as old,but I've had plenty of 70's also.
77'Nova SS
73 Plymouth Satalite
82El Camino

Sorry I saw your post and just ran with it..
That's a beast..
STR8

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

@mittenmedgrow I have a friend with a Red 57' Chevy 454 blown ,full off resto.
He took it to the Horse power tour last year and was offered $120,000.00 for it but he wanted $150, ish..
I will try to find pics tomorrow,it's on my old phone..
He build a 32 roadster from scratch. Ordered the frame from Cali and all sheet metal, and built it for a guy in Germany .

That's funny you show a blue one, that's the color his was when he traded his 34roadster for it,but he hates blue..
He had to rebuild the motor and had it blueprinted. Very nice car ..
His is in the horse power magazine when they were in Memphis,T.N

Looks very nice.. I love old cars.
My pops has a 58' Bel Air
A 56' Chevy Panle
A 53' Desoto that needs complete work over
83' El Camino

I'm riding a 86 Chevy C10
I know it's not as old,but I've had plenty of 70's also.
77'Nova SS
73 Plymouth Satalite
82El Camino

Sorry I saw your post and just ran with it..
That's a beast..
STR8
I really enjoy working on the old cars but I don't think I could ever do what my friend did with that car.
Check out this bad boy, working on this tonight for a friend's old man.
20160108 170829
but I already went through half of my payment going to have to call him and tell him the price is going up.
20160108 171000
Yes I work for baked goods

str8smokn

str8smokn

@mittenmedgrow
I wish I knew alittle more about engines, carburetors.
And yes that's a little too much money for me.
That's a nice ass looking shop you have there.nice size!
I found a Craftsman rider on side of road for free. All it needed was a new battery and a drive belt.
The guy said Sears wanted 800.00 to fix, it's 10years old. So he bought a new one with warranty. I paid 100.00$ and was mowing that weekend! Love people that aren't tool/mechanical inclined.
STR8

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

@mittenmedgrow
I wish I knew alittle more about engines, carburetors.
And yes that's a little too much money for me.
That's a nice ass looking shop you have there.nice size!
I found a Craftsman rider on side of road for free. All it needed was a new battery and a drive belt.
The guy said Sears wanted 800.00 to fix, it's 10years old. So he bought a new one with warranty. I paid 100.00$ and was mowing that weekend! Love people that aren't tool/mechanical inclined.
STR8
People throw away all kinds of good shit because they don't have the time, tools or desire to fix it. I used to buy crap on Craigslist fix it and sell for good profit but I mostly did because I like fixing things. Over the years I got sick of fixing cars but I still like fixing atvs and small engine vehicles. Unless Im doing performance mods , turbos and supercharger type things I don't want to do it but still do a lot of free or near free work for my less fortunate friends and family. I've always wanted to build a long travel sand rail, some day I will. Rebuilding motors and carbs is pretty easy if you have the tools and a little experience. Start small with 2 stroke motors and work your way up.

str8smokn

str8smokn

Yes sir. Just to be able to fix my own shit. There's no one around that works on carbs down here. I've gone to race shops nothing. The guy who has the 57'chevy replaced it and the intake for me and it drove like a dream .. For three months. Now he's retired and nobody else does them.
I'm gonna findangle him and get him to unretire for a day.
STR8

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Yes sir. Just to be able to fix my own shit. There's no one around that works on carbs down here. I've gone to race shops nothing. The guy who has the 57'chevy replaced it and the intake for me and it drove like a dream .. For three months. Now he's retired and nobody else does them.
I'm gonna findangle him and get him to unretire for a day.
STR8
If you can't find someone to fix it search some forums no matter what your working on somewhere online there is a group of guys that know everything. My I pad is one of my most used tools at the shop.
Thanks, it's a 04 Tundra. Has the 4.7liter V8. I only use it for adventures mainly. Dirt bike , snowboarding, surfing, fishing.
I have an old 03 gmc that I used for a work Truck and adventures but she's had a rough life and I beat the snot out of it. It's ugly but keeps taking the abuse.
Was 10,060 pounds going over the scales with a bed full of crushed concrete
20131030 144134

90 sheets of osb had her squatted right down
20150825 104516

Last edited:
sixstring

sixstring

If you can't find someone to fix it search some forums no matter what your working on somewhere online there is a group of guys that know everything. My I pad is one of my most used tools at the shop.

I have an old 03 gmc that I used for a work Truck and adventures but she's had a rough life and I beat the snot out of it. It's ugly but keeps taking the abuse.
Was 10,060 pounds going over the scales with a bed full of crushed concrete
View attachment 561983

90 sheets of osb had her squatted right down
View attachment 561984

Thats chevy abuse.i can hear mitten now in his jimmer voice...myshevyshookashit lolololol

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Thats chevy abuse.i can hear mitten now in his jimmer voice...myshevyshookashit lolololol
As long as the front tires are still on the ground she's good to go. I put some boulders in the back with a Pettibone tractor once and I had to take a couple out because I couldn't steer. I figure if I kill it maybe the wife will let me get a new one but so far it just keeps taking it. Lol

Top Bottom