G4 - Julius Caesar - 2x600 and 1x400 on Lightrail

• Thread starter LEBDOG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

LEBDOG

Da Beans (or Show your Beans:')

Well, I have been talking with Suite215 every couple days for a couple weeks now (thanks 215 for enduring). I know this is the only way to get the beans I need without having to fight it out in the auctions and then pay the higher prices anyways. Last night when I called, the beans had come it. Today I dropped by and found that they sold all the Alien OG within minutes (1 guy got them all...dumb ass-haven't you heard of clones??). Yea, I'm a little ticked I didn't get the OG, but I got the next best thing, Alien Bubba!!! I also grabbed a pack of Sour Alien and Larry OG for my archives and with this I am complete for now as far as Cali Connection is concerned. I now want to get in to the OGR lineup of gear.

Here are a couple shots of the new Cali Connection Seeds in the new packaging:

G4-17_3.jpg

G4-17_2.jpg

I also picked up some X Factor to totally complete my AN Lineup!
G4-17_1.jpg

Thanks a bunch SUITE215 for coming through for me as you ALWAYS do!!!

L

LEBDOG

Chem

Hmmm, I think you'll like the Chem's I just harvested... smooth, potent, dank aroma that fills the your lungs and lingers in the room. Wait a minute... Uhhh, actually I'll take those Alien Dawgs... :giggle

Most of my chem experience has been just lacking refinement in taste, aroma and flavor. My CVK looks great, but just doesn't do it for me taste wise. I think CVK is the best strain to run if you want yield balanced against OG potency. I have not found it's match yet. I just don't like the taste much... Love to try yours, I swear I can't wait for an eBongHit one day, I think that's on the rollout after Smell-0-Vision. Smell-0-Vision is really gonna take a toll on Bali-wood's popularity (all that dancing and ineffective or no deodorant).

winta

winta

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Alien Bubba congrats bro! eBong and smell-o-vision would beat out facebook and youtube :) lol

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Hahaa no worries LEB... I was just in the valley last week... :itwasntme

L

LEBDOG

Tonight's the night for flip!

The plants are looking pretty good. A little distorted & twisty, but not too bad at all. I think the accelerated nutrient regimen in veg caused a little of this, but no worried.

Tonight's the night to flip the plants to flower, so I am gonna clean out my reservoir and get this show on the road. I have my brother and his wife and little boy he named after me coming to visit me Sunday through Wednesday.

I don't know how I am gonna explain to my Ultra-Christian younger Brother (from Hawaii) why I can't go in my own bedroom. He cried when my little sister told him she had smoked grass, now I am legally growing it; he's gonna flip his young lid! I will probably be totally honest if the subject comes up, hopefully I can totally avoid opening that door (literally).

Here's my updated nutrient schedule where I am opting for Bud Candy in place of Carbo Load. I have also added the Bud Factor X to the schedule.

G4-ADVNUTES1.gif

L

LEBDOG

G4 - Flower Day 1 (Julius Caesar on Advanced Nutrients)

I really wanna make sure my lights get the penetration to bring me truly A quality nugs from top to bottom. In order to accomplish this, I ran a pretty short veg and will do some good trimming to clean up my canopy.

Here are the plants as they sit on this first day of their flowering life. I ran the nutrient program almost just like I posted it earlier, except I ran an additional 1ml of Sensi Bloom A&B which brought my PPM up to 800.

The plants started sucking up the nutrients yesterday. I can tell this when I don't have to bring the PH down, but have to begin raising the PH. We'll see how the plants react to this new batch of nutrients and if they suck 'em down I will bring up the PPM a bit. I'd love to get the PH up to at least 1000+ by the end of the week.

G4-18_5.jpg

G4-18_4.jpg

G4-18_3.jpg

G4-18_2.jpg

G4-18_1.jpg

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Very nice... Looks perfect to start bloom. :thinking I thought generally a drop in pH and rise in PPM's indicate that the plants are drinking more water and leaving nutes behind...

L

LEBDOG

Thanks for the looking out

Very nice... Looks perfect to start bloom. :thinking I thought generally a drop in pH and rise in PPM's indicate that the plants are drinking more water and leaving nutes behind...

Actually the only reason my ppm goes up is 'cause I add PH Up and PH Down to keep it between 5.7-6.1. I prefer 5.8 as my perfect PH. This is the the PPM goes up.

Every time I have grown, as soon as the plants begin sucking up the nutes, the PH has began to rise on me. As soon as I get the higher dosage of nutes, the PH stabilizes. This is for 4 grows now that this has been true. I am sure you know more than I do about this Shady, but I just follow the way my plants have been in the past and try to keep them happy by this.

Because this has been true for 4 grows now, I wait for the PH to rise and then look at changing out my nutes for a higher PPM batch. I could be totally wrong in doing this, but my plants don't seem to mind?:free-character-smil

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Hmmm, I guess I misinterpreted your earlier post:
The plants started sucking up the nutrients yesterday. I can tell this when I don't have to bring the PH down, but have to begin raising the PH.
Here's a quick quote from the following link:
When plants are growing in good light and warm conditions, the normal trend is for the pH to rise and we have to add a pH lower (acid solution). In cool, dark, short day conditions, it can be normal for the pH level to fall and we have to raise the pH with pH raise (alkali solution). As a rule, as plants feed, their root waste (sometimes in the form of ethylene gas) is basic and raises pH. In media based systems, microbes eat most of this up so pH is fairly stable. In water culture, root exudates raise pH, making the addition of phosphoric acid a regular occurrence.
Actually the only reason my ppm goes up is 'cause I add PH Up and PH Down to keep it between 5.7-6.1. I prefer 5.8 as my perfect PH. This is the the PPM goes up.
I agree that pH Up raises your PPM's, but I was simply referring to the rise or fall in PPM's of the res during the week, not at res change...

Every time I have grown, as soon as the plants begin sucking up the nutes, the PH has began to rise on me. As soon as I get the higher dosage of nutes, the PH stabilizes. This is for 4 grows now that this has been true. I am sure you know more than I do about this Shady, but I just follow the way my plants have been in the past and try to keep them happy by this.

Because this has been true for 4 grows now, I wait for the PH to rise and then look at changing out my nutes for a higher PPM batch. I could be totally wrong in doing this, but my plants don't seem to mind?:free-character-smil
I now understand what you mean and I agree. Initially if the pH rise is significant, that would typically indicate the mix is too strong... later on when the plants are larger with established root mass, the stronger nutrient profile, may just be dialed-in resulting in a relatively stable pH. I say relatively stable, because a slight pH drift between res changes can help nutrient uptake.

L

LEBDOG

Nutes

Thanks for the info and the link Shady. That's a good one. I read it once, but that's gonna need to be re-read a few time to click for me. Thanks!

Plants seem to be pretty happy. I had an issue with my Intermatic timer not working properly, so I replaced it with a cheap manual timer. I will never again run digital timers for lights. Too many things can go wrong (daylight savings, low power digital issues).

L

LEBDOG

Alien Bubba

With the acquisition of Alien Bubba I rooted my Julius Caesar mothers in training. I will take 1 additional mother from cuts a flowering plant Julius Caesar later. Right now I wanna focus on Alien Bubba...

Here are some updated pictures of my plants which I turned to flower a few days ago...

G4-19_4.jpg

G4-19_3.jpg

G4-19_1.jpg

G4-19_2.jpg

winta

winta

dam they growin fast! i gotta try hydro next round :) great job my dude

L

LEBDOG

Thanks for kind words

I am very happy with these results under 600's in hydro, but I look at JackMayOffer's RDWC System and know I am working just as hard, but restricted by medium and power. I gotta get a new place. I have my eyes open!!!

I am heading out to the THC Expo for the evening right now. Rips away brothers!

G

green as grass

I"m going tomorrow can't wait! didnt get to go last year due to work..

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
I am very happy with these results under 600's in hydro, but I look at JackMayOffer's RDWC System and know I am working just as hard, but restricted by medium and power. I gotta get a new place. I have my eyes open!!!
Excellent work! Beautiful shots... :sign0005: And I know what you mean... I feel as though I'm wasting my time without another light... I'll never be a full timer as big as Jack, but I'll take your lights when you upgrade... :giggle

L

LEBDOG

Ladies of THCEXPO LA 2010

I took pictures of the THCEXPO today and posted them in this thread:

Most of my pictures this year have little to do with weed:
THCEXPOLA_29.jpg

This was pretty novel though:
THCEXPOLA_54.jpg
THCEXPOLA_56.jpg

THCEXPOLA_55.jpg

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Very nice pictures! I'm not sure which I like more... :tongueout I guess the trailer since I'm getting married soon. Very interesting layout of the ducts and hood orientation. How hot was the first hood compared to the last one?

L

LEBDOG

seal the deal

Very nice pictures! I'm not sure which I like more... :tongueout I guess the trailer since I'm getting married soon. Very interesting layout of the ducts and hood orientation. How hot was the first hood compared to the last one?

Are you gonna make it out tomorrow? I'd love to meet up? I am gonna call it THCX for short from now on for obvious reasons.

Otherwise I'll just check that out for you. I wanna make sure I seal in some deals at the show this year and that will take a bit of persistence.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
I wish I could make it there, but I passed out last night and now I'm mixing my multiple reservoirs.... Plus I'm low on ends and heard that there was a lack of freebies... :D not to mention I don't tell peeps on the net when I leave my spot... ;)

Top Bottom