Game of Thrones

• Thread starter Shamus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
symbiote420

symbiote420

The plot thickens......

I believe the Grandmother and Lord Tywin conspired together to off Joffery, she was as close as anyone to the wine ....I also think Tommen is next to bite the bullet, they have to end the disrespect of that inbred, bastard bloodline on the throne. By asking Jaime to step down from the King's guard allows him to become king one day, but Tyrion threw a monkey wrench in the whole thing asking for a trial by combat ....I agree that was a great way to end the show!!

And poor li'l Sansa, auntie Lysa makes Joan Crawford look like the mother of the year!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
<jaw drops> You think TYWIN was in on it, too??? The thought never even crossed my mind, but... damn... It would also explain why he was so ready to let Tyrion take the fall. Lady Olenna already let her granddaughter, the Lady Margaery, know that she had him done in.

I thought Joffrey was the only issue between Jaime and Cersei. I would hate to see poor Tommen meet such a demise.

growchick421

growchick421

The bank did give him the cash... Right? They need to kill off about 30% of the cast so I can keep up. I find myself looking up maps of this fake place to better understand the show. WTF am I doing !!!!
Hashanah... Sorry, I do that when I read fiction books with maps at the beginning. Most don't actually show the places the characters go.:wtf:

I really need to catch up on the show. I am so lost to what every one is saying, but it sounds so f***ed up. Can't wait :woot:
I think I need to watch episode5 and up:inpain:. Just been so busy:shifty:...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Shit! You got you some OnDemand time comin' girl!

growchick421

growchick421

Shit! You got you some OnDemand time comin' girl!
Lol, no cable. And we keep getting notices from our internet provider that we download... last time I had to call to have them 're set it, so I can't save them for a later date.:inpain:
I guess it's a good thing we have project free tv.:p Get everything on it from things like GOT to oldies like all the star treks:D
Like u said gotta find the time now...:cool:

squiggly

squiggly

My favorite thing about the series is that it's a great companion to the books.

So often when you read something you're bracing yourself to be disappointed by the filmed adaptation.

The books are written from multiple perspectives (IE the pespective of Sansa, Daenerys, Ned, etc.) even while it's still written in the third person you still get a good bit of inner dialogue and the story has a different flow when you're jumping from a Sansa chapter to an Arya chapter.

The show takes a bird's eye view perspective more often than not and while you're still doing a lot of the jumping from story to story it's a bit more fluid than the book. It really does flesh out a lot of things that are missing in the books and vice versa.

For every scene missing in the adaptation, they add a new scene that never appeared in the book--or so it seems to me. This lends even MORE character development which is a feat considering the way the books are written. I can't say enough about the awesomeness of both formats in this series. It's just great.

For those of you who aren't reading the books, I suggest that you do--and not in the snobby way people usually suggest this. I really think the companion aspect that I feel in the show with regard to the books will work in the reverse way as well. If you're a fan then you're missing out by not reading it. Wonderfully written, wonderfully adapted, wonderfully acted.

A+ all around from me.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Well, last night's episode was a bit of a sleeper, pretty slow and not a lot going on. I got kinda mad at how the thing with Daenerys and that guy was handled, the queen shouldn't have to answer to anyone for wanting to get laid.

The Hound taught Arya a bit more about how to kill, but the poke she gave what's-his-name didn't seem to be strong or deep enough to make him drop like that. Oh well.

However, the real fun came in a blink! I haven't liked Robin of the Vale or his mother Lysa very much (not that I dig Littlefinger all that much either, but hey). Seeing her dropping through the Moon Window after what she did to Sansa was very satisfying. I even gained some pleasure at how Peter tore apart her heart by telling her, "The only woman I have ever loved....

was your sister."

Hoo boy!

Oh! And Oberyn as Tyrion's champion? What doors have opened, O what doors.

squiggly

squiggly

Well, last night's episode was a bit of a sleeper, pretty slow and not a lot going on. I got kinda mad at how the thing with Daenerys and that guy was handled, the queen shouldn't have to answer to anyone for wanting to get laid.
Reading the book would give a bit more insight here--one of the few places where the situation wasn't explained well enough in film.

The Hound taught Arya a bit more about how to kill, but the poke she gave what's-his-name didn't seem to be strong or deep enough to make him drop like that. Oh well.
A blade like that doesn't need a very strong push (physics, my dear!), and the heart isn't all that deep in the chest. You only need to barely poke it.

However, the real fun came in a blink! I haven't liked Robin of the Vale or his mother Lysa very much (not that I dig Littlefinger all that much either, but hey). Seeing her dropping through the Moon Window after what she did to Sansa was very satisfying. I even gained some pleasure at how Peter tore apart her heart by telling her, "The only woman I have ever loved....

was your sister."

Hoo boy!

SPOILERS!! Lol, just kidding.

As I'm sure you've come to realize from Martin--when there is a snoozefest happening it's not long for this world.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Reading the book would give a bit more insight here--one of the few places where the situation wasn't explained well enough in film.

A blade like that doesn't need a very strong push (physics, my dear!), and the heart isn't all that deep in the chest. You only need to barely poke it.

SPOILERS!! Lol, just kidding.

As I'm sure you've come to realize from Martin--when there is a snoozefest happening it's not long for this world.
Shit, I guess I'm gonna remember that!

Problem is that we've got Martin + HBO = 2wks til the next episode, and then there are only two more after that and then it's a year+ to see the rest. Gah! It almost makes me want to not watch GoT until it's all over, then watch it. Except what if it went to the shitter like Fringe did in the end? Wot a mess!

growchick421

growchick421

Lol... you all are funny :p

Finally caught up last night. Craziness!
I liked Sansa slapping her cuz, and Arya telling the hound she is going to kill him too... those were good spots in the current episode. Oh and Arya saying she can't kill dude cases she doesn't know his name. Dumb dude, hears the whole conversation and still answers the hound with his name :inpain:... tisk, tisk,tisk.
I liked Oberyn before, but now I like him a lot more :joyful:. I hope he triumphs over the mountain. It would be well deserved in so many ways!
Brian has a long way to go, sucks he couldn't say hi to John. What happened to their little brother?? I remember that they split up and he went with mis wildling.
Book readers, I just want to know if we encounter those 2again??

Again with the week long wait...:arghh:

growchick421

growchick421

It almost makes me want to not watch GoT until it's all over, then watch it.

Agree. That's kinda what happened with me and Dexter. Didn't want to watch it while it was going, but now that the whole thing is done I can watch a whole season in one sitting if I want. That's a lot of death and killing for one day:walkingdead:...

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

was your sister."

Hoo boy!

The episode had the complete opposite effect for me...

Peter Dinklage is such a powerful actor and in these last 2 episodes he's really shined. The confidence and charm Oberyn portrays makes next weeks battle seem like the outcome is a no brainer. I hope Oberyn sticks around, he is a great addition to the show!

And little finger.... Think he's gone from being one of the shadiest characters to one of my more favorable. Very smart guy and eager to see what he does next.

Can't wait until Jon Snow puts a sword through his loud mouth commander!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Agree. That's kinda what happened with me and Dexter. Didn't want to watch it while it was going, but now that the whole thing is done I can watch a whole season in one sitting if I want. That's a lot of death and killing for one day:walkingdead:...
I did that with Shameless, and then I got my mother hooked on it. Except Shameless is still going.

squiggly

squiggly

Oh man, if you guys only knew what's coming.

All of your theories are great, and some of them are applicable (see how I'm being cryptic?), but what actually plays out is yet another installment in the makings of a masterpiece. Unless Martin shits up the last book (doubtful) then this show literally can't sink--especially not the way Fringe did.

Ugh.

symbiote420

symbiote420

Oh that was a lethal blow young Arya dealt @Seamaiden ....a dagger straight to the heart doesn't need to go in that deep!! I knew a slow down was in order to tied things together, looks like the next episode will be a goodun ....no way in hell that giant Cersei choose as her champion is gonna lose. Did you see the way he killed those guys?!!

Legion

Legion

I haven't read the books but I have cheated and did some research on some characters.. When I heard the one episode was named The Purple Wedding.. I did a fist pump in the air YES!..

Poor Tyrion..

Littlefinger.. you sly mofo.. you're going to die in a spectacular way.

The Greenseers!!

I didn't read everything but if it wasn't posted before.

There is an odd pause that goes on for like 1 min at the 1:30 mark.. It's still playing.. just wait for it. At 2:46 it picks back up.

Top Bottom