Garden...not happy anymore. What's happening?

• Thread starter BowHunterSimon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moshmen

Moshmen

i grow with pro mix hp with botanicare liquid nutes and never ph, ppm, ec anything, no clue what it is, no clue what’s in my tap water,
never water to run off..
never a problem…
just saying..
if synthetic nutrients are used than you have to ph etc..
Exactly + 1 ! I had more issues when I did all the bs every time

Moshmen

Moshmen

I personally have always only had success watering cannabis with 5.7 pH. R/O, rainwater or tap, doesn’t matter, if I don’t pH my water my medium’s pH starts to mess around, soil, organic soil, coco, anything else I grow in.

also, I doubt most people growing cannabis, do or want to filter their water.

here is Bruce Bugbee, he uses a peat based medium with dolomite lime
View attachment 1201492

for me, when I see a corporation say something, I usually believe the opposite is true, or at least, worth looking into.
Ok I respect your ability but ph is not the answer to everything- seems every thread you post this same info , it is helpful but not a cure all !

BowHunterSimon

BowHunterSimon

Some of the stuff I have on hand. Also have the 3 part Diablo nutes on hand, but seems to burn my plants easily.

So been using flora again... until done.

Which one would you recommend botanicare kind or pro? I see different ones.

Not many seem to healthen my plants life right now...

Received 1066044877517382
Received 227137739595382

Moshmen

Moshmen

BowHunterSimon

BowHunterSimon

interesting, sounds too easy to be true haha! Going to look into that, just organic fert? Feed like synthetics?
your issue is 100% a root issue/uptake..
is the floor cold?
is there one fungus gnat flying?
no fungas knats ever seen (plus I think they probably would have dried out at 20% humidity, I never really over watered, the plants just never really absorbed....)
Tho I have seen some leaves nibbled on before, but months ago. No current issues hence why I left organic out this round.

I had the pots raised before, no difference tho. Floor is in a basement, i believe insulated with foam... all year round same temp. also tents i have sitting on a carpet for that reason.
270080152 675541450119482 8780092380496448738 n
269500101 1514379148961620 5903389269238396387 n

These flowering/seeding plants not looking to rosy either... lol especially that Durban Poison in the back...

268876357 313135784048444 6919936992187732499 n

White Rhino beast still surprisingly green hahaha! Whats happening...

269537298 3033333733621285 5293438086633523784 n

don't mind my piss poor scrog, usually not like that, but I had to remove a plant for harvest, and one is too tall to lower more haha. Same size makes a difference lol

Last edited:
jguit

jguit

Supporter
Just throwing it out there.. I'd occasionally get salt buildup issues if i let promix get too dry but my plants would look more burned rather than what you're seeing. Doubtful but...

You also said you always have a problem in the winter. I guess that's half the answer! ha. did you stick a thermometer in the soil to check root temps? I'm stumped.

BowHunterSimon

BowHunterSimon

Just throwing it out there.. I'd occasionally get salt buildup issues if i let promix get too dry but my plants would look more burned rather than what you're seeing. Doubtful but...

You also said you always have a problem in the winter. I guess that's half the answer! ha. did you stick a thermometer in the soil to check root temps? I'm stumped.
Hmm no never... will see if i can dig a hole and hit it with my laser reader. Maybe?....

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
could it be possible that you let them dry out too much in between waterings?
have all waterings been at least to soak the whole medium?
i also feel that they needed more food.

BowHunterSimon

BowHunterSimon

could it be possible that you let them dry out too much in between waterings?
have all waterings been at least to soak the whole medium?
i also feel that they needed more food.
Always seems like bottom of pots stay moist alot longer than rest, so I tried to let roots dig for water... but they never did, or not vigerously anyways. At snail paste

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
also where is your from
Always seems like bottom of pots stay moist alot longer than rest, so I tried to let roots dig for water... but they never did
that could be part of it, should be on something that allows airflow underneath..
meaning getting too dry in other areas while waiting for bottom to dry?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
where’s your water from? meaning before you feed? tap? pail?

BowHunterSimon

BowHunterSimon

Didn't have to mess with soil, this is the temp of the bare flooring, without carpet and tent and lights...

268337764 445897277142207 3986792103335400502 n

Good?... :S Or soil sample?

BowHunterSimon

BowHunterSimon

where’s your water from? meaning before you feed? tap? pail?
I run off shallow well water, coming from our creek basically... Stuff grows great outside haha!

I let it sit in 5gal buckets tho to warm up too basement floor temp anyways. then add nutes and stir vigorously

BowHunterSimon

BowHunterSimon

also where is your from

that could be part of it, should be on something that allows airflow underneath..
meaning getting too dry in other areas while waiting for bottom to dry?

Yes I should invest in some of those pot raisers. They all do sit in saucers tho which are grooved and allow for somewhat of an air flow, wouldn't hurt more for sure. No issues in summer tho, those nice plants I treated the same.

jguit

jguit

Supporter
Always seems like bottom of pots stay moist alot longer than rest, so I tried to let roots dig for water... but they never did, or not vigerously anyways. At snail paste
In 3 gallon pots, I'd be bone dry in 3-5 days at most, depending on the size of plant, stage of growth, etc.

Top Bottom