Garden of Greens

• Thread starter FlyinJStable
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
burn4me

burn4me

hell might as well say mine is. only time i see my boys is family dinner or fishing and my girls when they need some "Daddy time" aka cash. lol
my youngest daughter is the only one that just chills with me. i figure a couple more years until shes too cool for that. then its all about my growing. my wife will love that. lol

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Pff. Sometimes is an understatement. I figured by having kids I'd have a little company when I get old. Now, I'm not so sure. They're always too busy.

I hear that
I look back and see how I hung out with my mom forever it was great, but a different time. its all good.
I try not to get pissed when they skip a month or two or a year lol. I just send them positive thoughts . . .

burn4me

burn4me

we have a rule here. come see dad or dont talk/ask for anything from dad. all i ask is at least a weekly visit until they move out of state or what not. we try to do a dinner once a month. although my oldest thinks shean exception to the rule. i told her even when she has kids she will still be coming over. she remembers going to my mommas for sunday dinner. man i miss those days.

Coir

Coir

Beautiful! Anyone have a few sees they want to share? I will grow them and photograph the process from seed to flower!
And speaking of the love of growing all things.... I threw some of my bloom food on my wife's roses this year and wow. I actually had to stake one of them up to keep the branches from breaking off under the load. We haven't been able to have roses here for years due to the deer but now with the dogs having been here a couple of years, the deer stay out at the far edges of the yard rather then looking in the windows.
 87Q4129
 87Q4133
 87Q4141

87Q4130
FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

I would have a bed full of bleeding hearts right now if my fucking chickens hadn't torn them up. The one in back is recovering, but the native bleeding heart I haven't seen a flicker of green from at all. I've now begun plinking my birds with the pellet gun to keep them away from the areas where they aren't welcome for their destructiveness.

View attachment 408833

SeaMaiden much love sent to you and a big request.
Um I couldn't help it and showed my sister you bleeding Hearts and she is floored.... looking at hers they appear deficient in Nitrogen but I was hoping you could tell me what you think. Or some of you other Farmers may also I sure appreciate all options..

P1
P2
P3
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
No problem, I don't mind at all. Mine do that when they're done blooming and are ready to pack in the nutrition for blooming the next year. Have hers bloomed yet? Mine have not yet bloomed, very odd, very late, they're usually blooming by May. But, I would agree, that looks to be a nitrogen deficiency. I have mine planted in acidic soil with my Japanese maple and Camellia, rather shaded. So if it's hot then that could be another reason for the yellowing, even in a pot like how she has it.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

A very busy sunny great day to be grateful.
Today was a good day to grow something for Mother E
much love farmers

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

SeaMaiden much love sent to you and a big request.
Um I couldn't help it and showed my sister you bleeding Hearts and she is floored.... looking at hers they appear deficient in Nitrogen but I was hoping you could tell me what you think. Or some of you other Farmers may also I sure appreciate all options..

So My sis has done everything except flush her bleeding hearts and they continue to yellow as so much I mixed up a CA w/6.1ph then next day a bit more moved to shade last week and still looks the same.
how are you all with this plant everything in her garden has beatiful lush full with the bleeding hearts droing shity
suggestions anyone

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Maybe the rhizome/bulb has grown too big for the pot. I honestly don't know for sure, I would try repotting at this point, though.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Thanks Super Sea
I was going to recommend she just plant her straight to mother earth and let them heal up...

Post scrip
that PM was weird did my recommendation to post in a open forum to him sound ok I closed out of it myself.
Peace
FlyJ

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

what A wonderful Summer it has been.
I grew tomatoes, corn and peppers beans peas pumpkins oh a lot-O stuff.
and all done with in a the confines of 5 gal plastic totes buckets and old crates.
I had never tried growing a container garden and as is was enjoyed it to the extreme, I helped my sister learn how to clone her favorite roses and turned her into a major green thumb.

This may sound common place to a lot of you with years of gardening and farming But for me @50 and for the last lets say 10 years the most I ever did was drive to the Pharmacy to pic up more pain medication,

For me it wasn't until I put the pills down and picked up a pac of rolling papers and some of what Mother nature provides did I have fortitude and cognition to do more... This year for me has been a blessing
The birthday party for my niece the wedding for one of my friends and the salsa in my fridge All because of something pure and natural.

Thank you Farm
Thank you mother earth
@Seamaiden A very special thank you to you for being the 1st to make me feel welcome here on the Farm
and always being there when I had Questions about a problem with plants.
You are a wonderful person.

From this Disabled Veteran to everyone
Thank you for my Life
FlyJ

diamond2.0

diamond2.0

looks super. Fun stuff ! I do some catnip , chives , mint, lemon balm , 2 kinds of plums .cherries. just bought a nice blood good Japanese maple tree. Love the bleeding hearts .Got huckle and blackberries and Rasberries . grapes are almostt black now. Yummy.Trying to bring back my weeping cedar . All greened up now. woot ! And luckily were i live now there is no crap put in the water and its awsome ! i used to laugh when growing organic weed in burien wa. The water is so , so bad. yuck. .I want a nice garden for food. I want to grow much more next year.

DSC03524
DSC03570
DSC03522
DSC03568
DSC03527
Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom