Garden of Greens

• Thread starter FlyinJStable
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Great threads @FlyinJStable I flew threw most of them but wow, they all deserve a second or third time over! Danks for sharing

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

HEY! ! ! ! ! !
Its sunny today
My yard is a Wreak and I have a pile of soil to condition the rest of the way fer My Colorful outdoor
Flowers this year..
I had such a great time playin in the dirt
I cant limit myself to just one, I have been a busy Retired Guy...
The way my Yard is I am a container Gardener with Veggies and with my ornamental Plants,
I have been recycling the Coco/Hydroton and mixing with the Super soil I made last year and never used
Going to take it all and go ALL in on the GARDEN OF GREENS.....
Should be a GREAT Sumner to plant
FlyJ

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

@Coir and @Seamaiden and @Medusa Along with all the other great Green thumbs Here, Feel free to share
what you have in store.
Super Peaceful Garden Vibes FlyJ

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Love this thread already, and hopefully within the next couple weeks I'll be able to contribute more than a handful of plants and some piled up dirt. I'm getting my garden set for this season, already have 7 rutabagas and one spinach in the dirt a long with a bunch of seeds for more spinach, di cocci broccoli and blanching cauliflower. Will be growing a ton of other greens, tomatoes, carrots, onions, garlic, snow peas, a variety of herbs and some jumbo melons.

Inside we have a long tray of catnip and spider plants coming out our ears. Anyone need a spider plant? I'll give you five or ten. Seriously. If I remember, I'll snag a picture of the spider plant that keeps producing babies, it's flowering right now but the flowers close at night. Also have two avocado trees, one that's doing badly and one that's doing ok though a slow grower.

Great thread!

Muckman420

Muckman420

And too think the rest of the world thinks were only concerned about growing one thing when the truth is most of us just like to grow, doesnt have to be limited to one thing.
I like anything that grows, including (amorphophallus titanum)

Smells like rotting meat/warm trash, pollinated by flys
I also grow anything that just looks awesome!

Muckman420

Muckman420

I grew these lovelies, very humbling plants when used properly ;)

San Pedro
Be careful if you plan on ingesting the datura, plant will really make you think..... One of my violet trumpets

Toaster79

Toaster79

Well me and my wife are dreaming of garden but that's a long shot. We live in a small apartment and have some plants to bring in some colours, but not many since we have only two viable windows. And those are looking at west so we're getting maybe two hours of direct afternoon sun in summer.

WP 20140817 031

WP 20140817 034

WP 20140814 015

WP 20140814 014

2015 02 13 120807

2015 02 13 120853

2015 02 13 120828

Love this thread!

+++++ Colorful Vibes

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

IF it grows post it
If it makes that warm feeling inside ya ! ! ! ! tell us about it
oh yea! ! ! ! !
If you just want to share
Stay Colorful and Green Super garden Vibes from FlyJ

M

motz

@Toaster79 How would you like a diminishing native Midwest cactus. The neighbor has one and I'm gonna take cuttings off it this year to transplant in Minnesota, probably in containers. These are hardy cactus they survive outside under snow.
Used to see these all the time around here when it was time to go to the hunting fields those and box turtles, don't see any of these around here anymore.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Here's our catnip and two avocados. The one is the red pot has been a pain in the ass since day one. Not sure where we went wrong but it simply hates life it seems.
20150213 110501

And the garden with what is above ground right now. The rutabaga is kinda sad but their root structure is super whispy, almost like thick cobwebs. Real easy to damage.

20150213 110520

And the spider plant in my painting room. One flower is open this AM, the rest will open up in the afternoon then close come night fall.

20150213 110600

20150213 110611

Definitely need more pretty plants in this house. Slowly but surely there will be stuff everywhere.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

AND
This is what I get for turning my Soil and prepping my grow beds last week when it was sunny
LoL
Only in the south lol
Snow 1

Is it Planting time Yet ?
Happy Sunny Melt the Snow Vibes FlyJ

M

motz

@Toaster79 these are beautiful cacti and I see you already have a nice showcase of'em. Very nice!!!
These native Midwest ones are big elephant eared with red and yellow flowers on the edges, just beautiful. 1" needles sharper than an eagles talons

Toaster79

Toaster79

Sounds like some gorgeous plants :D

Will have to see if I can find them locally.

Just brought my wife one of those coral cactuses. Wil snap a shot later when I get back home.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Forgot about that shot, so here it is:

20150322 152458

Better late than never they say :)

I've got another plant reveged from previous year. Never really expected this to happen. Here it is, a cute little one:

20150322 152521

And I've got some papaya seeds sprouting :D. After eating one of em i saves those seeds and let them dry. Two or was it three weeks ago i put some of em in soil just for shits and giggles, never really expected them to come above the ground. Yesterday i stuck my nose in there and saw a pleasant surprise:

20150322 152602

Now let's see if I can raise a little tree :)
Sooner or later I'll have to give each one it's own home and pick the strongest one.

Happy gardening everyone!

++++++Vibes

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

OK so I decided to go big Outside with the Container Garden Of Greens and have started to plant some really cool stuff
Diggin this::::: I was at my Hydro store and the owner is forever traveling, he just returned from Italy and he was bad.
I have in the herb garden a plant used for making some of the greatest italiano food on the planet, so he said... LoL
it looks like I have a imported herb to raise so here she is my Italian Immigrant Herb sorry I forgot the name I will post it later.
and the rest of whats coming up...
3 20 2015 UD 2

And it smells Like one amazing Italian Herb ? ?
3 20 2015 UD 1

and a few still lots to do
3 20 2015 UD 3
3 20 2015 UD 5

I do like the way the peppermint and sage mix up the smells in the fnt yard its nice
3 20 2015 UD 4

Super farmer farmin in the Garden of Greens Vibes
FlyJ

Top Bottom