Gavita pro 600 / LEP 300 PLASMA test

• Thread starter theherbalizor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

ukbigbud

I think this thread is amazing. I've pm herb directly, I just can't see how this style of yield can be achieved???

pistone1971

pistone1971

Here in SoCAL and would pull the trigger but does anyone know how long the plasma lamp lasts or when they'll have to be changed due to lumen depreciation?

pistone1971

pistone1971

I'll take a Gavita Pro 1000 or a Hortilux MH Blue over any induction light. Every sample I have seen grown under Inda Gro induction lights has been an average example at best.
fwiw
are you currently running the Gavita Pro 1000 and if so could you point me to anyone who may actually stock these bad boys? I'm in LA

sdgrower

sdgrower

Thats the one. I took a flier on one without seeing it based on this thread. I was using the Hortilux Daylight Blues but they need to be replaced way to frequently. The gavita costs less too. Check em out
:animbong:

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
You guys will love your new toys.

Can't wait to see the threads.

pistone1971

pistone1971

Thats the one. I took a flier on one without seeing it based on this thread. I was using the Hortilux Daylight Blues but they need to be replaced way to frequently. The gavita costs less too. Check em out
:animbong:
cool....I just called them and they do have two in stock and even gave me a 5% discount but the Gavita Pro 1000 lamp/fixture is more like an HPS lamp then a plasma since it's all red spectrum not blue.

Now I'm confused since the Hortilux blue you're running is a Metal Halide with no red. RU able to veg with just the Gavita Pro 1000? It'd be nice to only have to buy just the 1000 since it's a bit more affordable but based on the success of this journal It's looking like it'll take a combination of the Gavita Pro 300 LEP for veg and then the Gavita Pro 1000 for the reds. whadya think?

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
The gavita pro 1000 and 600 are both driven at 400v and as such have a much higher par output then normal hps.

But LEP for veg and then add the 1000 for flower, the LEP adds more than just weight to the flowering plants.

sdgrower

sdgrower

I apologize for the confusion. I was recommending the 1000 watt Gavita Pro. IMO the Hortilux MH Blue had the best PAR value until Gavita/Phillips came out with the Pro 1000 400v bulbs. I will add plasma lights after I finish updating all of my ballasts to Gavita Pro 1000's.

M

mrinsulator

hi herb,
looking like a good yield coming, looking forward to the final numbers............

just to be sure, in a 6 light, 6 sq metre room or say a 10 light, 10 sq metre room, how many LEP's would you have?, would it be 1 LEP per 2 lights or could you make it 1 lep per 3 lights or even 1 per 4??.....all lights would be pro 600w....

or would it be better setting them out so they each cover around 2sq metre each? and see how many it takes to fill depending on size and shape of rooms?

H

Heisengberg

I have much to learn

lep300lastweekveg_8_.JPG

lep300lastweekveg_9_.JPG

lep300lastweekveg_10_.JPG

Hi Herbalizer,

I'm a first time user on here. I frequent some other sites, but I just read your grow from start to finish.
I am amazed so I had to sign up to ask you some questions.

I'm surprised no one asked this, but can you tell me what are the little white clips you used on
your plants for bending and lst? I have never seen anything like them.

Thanks,
Heis

U

ukbigbud

Hi, can someone shed some info on this. If I buy a gavita 1000 and leave it on the lowest setting of 600w. Will it be the same as a normal 600w gavita. Ie the 1000w puts out 2000umol and the 600w puts out 1160 umol. So the 1000 is 2000 umol on full power so I wonder what it will be on 600w. I can either buy 3 x 1000 but I will never run them much higher than the 750 on each in flower. The electric consumption wud be too high. Hope some one has some views or do I do what herb has done 2x600s and a plasma??? Or 2 1000s dimmed and the plasma????

pistone1971

pistone1971

I apologize for the confusion. I was recommending the 1000 watt Gavita Pro. IMO the Hortilux MH Blue had the best PAR value until Gavita/Phillips came out with the Pro 1000 400v bulbs. I will add plasma lights after I finish updating all of my ballasts to Gavita Pro 1000's.

Hey SD thanks for clearing that up. I looked at the Hortilux MH Blue but @ $230 ea I couldn't justify it since I run a 18/6 600watt standard MH for veg and flip to my 1K hps for flower. I would like to cut my power down with an LEP but I can only afford a couple of the gavita 1000's for now which looks like they flower better then a standard HPS. The combination LEP/EL costs together runs just south of $2K.

The guy I spoke with @ monster gardens says the gavita pro 1000 EL lamps are rated for 10K hours and are near equivalent to 1000watt HPS bandwidths but better for flower because of enhanced red spectrums. Does your gavita pro1000 run any cooler then a normal 1000 HPS or are they about the same for temps?

decisions decisions....

sdgrower

sdgrower

What's up Pistone? I would say a Gavita Pro 1000 is a few degrees warmer than a Hortilux in a super sun 1 but the ballast is in the Gavita fixture while the super sun's ballast is in another room. If the ballast were mounted next to super sun 1 the Gavita would be much cooler.
I was going to get a 300 watt LEP but I decided that I am going to switch all of my lights to Gavita Pro 1000's first then start adding the LEP's

M

mrinsulator

herb,
hanging here mate.....how did you end up yield wise?????

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Sorry, just recovering from flu. As soon as good ill get round to trimming the rest. Hopefully this weekend.

M

mrinsulator

looking forward to it..................................................................

ftwendy

ftwendy

How is everybody measuring umol's? Is there a best method?

Feel better Herbalizor! ftw

Top Bottom