Gavita pro 600 / LEP 300 PLASMA test

• Thread starter theherbalizor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
whazzup

whazzup

Hi, can someone shed some info on this. If I buy a gavita 1000 and leave it on the lowest setting of 600w. Will it be the same as a normal 600w gavita. Ie the 1000w puts out 2000umol and the 600w puts out 1160 umol. So the 1000 is 2000 umol on full power so I wonder what it will be on 600w. I can either buy 3 x 1000 but I will never run them much higher than the 750 on each in flower. The electric consumption wud be too high. Hope some one has some views or do I do what herb has done 2x600s and a plasma??? Or 2 1000s dimmed and the plasma????
The efficiency of a lamp decreases when you dim it:

attachment.php

the 1000W DE at 1000W: 2.07 umol/W, at 600W: 1.69 umol/W. That's still 15 to 40% more efficient than other lights but not as efficient as a 600W EL lamp running at 600W.

So when you primarily use 600W you should use a 600 fixture.

We guarantee the double ended lamps for one year of use using the Gavita Pro 1000 ballast (up to 1150W).

Get well Herb! Have a little medicine ;) :animbong:

Lamp comparison 21
T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Chees guys!

I am back in the land of the living. Have only one plant left to trim.

One casey gave me 14 oz!

Final weigh in by tuesday.

I also have the next bunch a week into veg. I did a little experiment. I took 2 clones of each plant. One under plasma and one under my t5 setup. Well I'll come back with some shots very soon.

Needless to say the plasma shots should sell a few more units to those who still may be unsure. They look a good week further ahead then the t5 plants and so so healthy.

C

crossouttheiis

I am interested in seeing these pictures. I always love new gadgets in my grow room :)

U

ukbigbud

I have read this thread a million times, I wud love to believe this but I just can't. I don't doubt ur ability but for the space it just seems madness that just adding this light has gained u this amount. But u do state that u have had near this amount before without the plasma. Also another super moderator on another thread says, " we have a saying on the farm, pictures or it didn't happen"

C

critical

i swear to god, how the f*** are u making them numbers possible with such a small space and amount of light!?!? u need to inlighten me man i am gobsmacked at that yield n would love to invest some of my next bit of dosh into geting set to do that, i need to know the nutes n soil u use, n wer to get them super lights u got please mate n plz tell me they ship international thanks in advance n like i said, i love what u managed to pull off man, thats some mental yield for the size of room etc +rep

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks guys.

Critical, all the info is in the thread. Nutes etc.

Ukbigbud, it's ok for you not to believe me. But I did nt get to where I am today by making stuff up. Not in my nature, nor don't need to. I believe the photos shows quite clearly the evidence you require. I am still a kilo shy of what an area that size has the potential to produce.

Ok...... I have final numbers. All over dry and in jars with te odd leaf to try and add some moisture back.

Killa Queen 195
Casey 1 233
Chemdog D 1 242
Sd cc 108
Casey 2 141
Giesel 202
Sd DN 229
Chemdog D 2 239
Casey 3 383

Total 1972...70.42 oz.

I think with all casey and scrogged I could top 80. But I can never run just one strain.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Excellent Job Herbalizor. It is unfortunate so many growers will never hit those numbers in there lifetime. Even when they see it with there own eyes they still doubt it.

Or strains you have run before, Is the smoke any different?
DO you make bubble or concentrates?
If so, was your yield higher when making your concentrates?

Thanks for sharing herb, your grows and photos are top notch.

M

mrinsulator

hey herb,

thanks for the numbers been anxiously waiting........thinks its time to break out the piggy bank!!!, thats the third time in the last two months ive heard these sort of numbers per light, (25oz-29oz per 600w gavita).....but the first time ive followed it from the beginning and seen the pics!!....

thanks for the lesson...;)

H

Heisengberg

Awesome grow, but what are these things?

lep300lastweekveg_8_.JPG

lep300lastweekveg_9_.JPG

Hi Herbalizer. I've got to say you've inspired me to go for a similar setup I've been wanting for a while.
I have to ask though, what are those little white clamps you use to bend your plants and where can I find them?

Thanks,
Heis

U

ukbigbud

Thanks guys.

Critical, all the info is in the thread. Nutes etc.

Ukbigbud, it's ok for you not to believe me. But I did nt get to where I am today by making stuff up. Not in my nature, nor don't need to. I believe the photos shows quite clearly the evidence you require. I am still a kilo shy of what an area that size has the potential to produce.

Ok...... I have final numbers. All over dry and in jars with te odd leaf to try and add some moisture back.

Killa Queen 195
Casey 1 233
Chemdog D 1 242
Sd cc 108
Casey 2 141
Giesel 202
Sd DN 229
Chemdog D 2 239
Casey 3 383

Total 1972...70.42 oz.

I think with all casey and scrogged I could top 80. But I can never run just one strain.

I want to believe you so so so much! However it does seem fake. The tops ain't even big I mean they are tiny even on ur last pictures!! If your this good you would be in america teaching and getting paid. If these skills are gained then your better than ed rosenthal who says you can't get better than a gram a watt. You just let yourself down by saying you could have gained another key out of there...... That is total bull. Also how on earth did one plant get u 14oz when you have 8 others in there??? Am I the only one who thinks this..... Still seems like a ploy to sell the lights........ If your this good prove us all wrong with pictures...... Or better.... Stop lying

H

Heisengberg

I want to believe you so so so much! However it does seem fake. The tops ain't even big I mean they are tiny even on ur last pictures!! If your this good you would be in america teaching and getting paid. If these skills are gained then your better than ed rosenthal who says you can't get better than a gram a watt. You just let yourself down by saying you could have gained another key out of there...... That is total bull. Also how on earth did one plant get u 14oz when you have 8 others in there??? Am I the only one who thinks this..... Still seems like a ploy to sell the lights........ If your this good prove us all wrong with pictures...... Or better.... Stop lying

I've been seeing a lot of marketing from Gavita on this and other forums, so I kind of agree with you. I think Sannie's 1.2m x 1.2 meter grow was real. His yield was great but not outrageous. This grow is claiming a kilo per light, when most get about half that from a 600. This shows an average of around 6 oz per plant, which is pretty hard to believe, but I guess pictures do speak for themselves. I'm not out to call anyone a liar, but I agree it's hard to believe those kind of yields when a 1000watt gavita did just over a kilo.

I think too much of this is a ploy to sell lights, because I just haven't seen any real proof that these lights are that much better than any other. They may have higher umol or whatever, but the claims of 25% loss from air cooling a light have yet to be proven with real data.

sdgrower

sdgrower

If these skills are gained then your better than ed rosenthal who says you can't get better than a gram a watt.

Texas Kid banged out 3 lbs + on a 1000 watt tent grow. So it is possible.
Don't hate congratulate!
:yes
Thanks for the show Herb.
:animbong:

Tank333

Tank333

I have to ask though, what are those little white clamps you use to bend your plants and where can I find them?

Thanks,
Heis

I would actually like to know the same thing! Those look VERY convenient for LST techniques...

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Yep, them white things are bendz.

Ok, let's address one thing. I do not work for gavita. I purchased these lights with my own money. I took a risk, unlike allot of others. I looked at the science behind it all and it sold it self.

I do not even work in a shop. So I get sweet bugger all out of this thread. I have no ego, I couldn't care less about what anyone thinks of me. Life is too short, and in that respect I need not justify or prove to anyone. If you do not believe me and think this is all some ploy, then that is your opinion and ultimately your and your plant loss. Does that effect me, nope!

I have no idea how I could prove weight. Take photos of each nugs on scales? What's to say I do not mess with the scales? Someone will always dis trust, it's human nature.

All I can do is be as open as possible so that others can see that I would have no reason to make up stuff.

And how can one plant have 14 oz when 8 others in there. Easy. Most plants wanted to do 7-9 oz per plant. Due to bad netting and blocked drippers a couple plants fell way under what they should yield and as a consequence with casey jones vigorous rampant nature she took over and gave the extra yield. I have yield 18.7 oz from a single plant in an 80 cm x80 cm area under1 600 w vegged for one month. Easily done, no biggy.

Can't get over a gram a watt. Then I must be some kind of magician then as I achieved that, well nearer 1.5 gpw with my first run on led. All documented here.

But taken in true context, as no one does, a true gpw figure is very hard to achieve as it should be measured over 28 days not a whole growing cycle. Most really achieve, myself included 0.3-0.5 gpw / 28 days.

And I am in America, in fact I am everywhere where these forums are not blocked. Teaching and helping others. Just like you do ukbigbud. As we all do. But I am disabled and travelling far and wide is long over for me. Plus doing this for some kind of financial gain, growing, teaching would be completely against my ethics and thoughts on profiteering in people's ill health. Sickening.

And you say the buds are small. A few pages back I showed an image of a casey bud at the edge of the tent with a lighter. This was the top of a long cola. One of bloody hundreds that are super dense. I call that quite large. But it's density that counts as I have had colas as big as my leg weigh very little as they are from airy sativa.

And re my so called ' letting my self down' with the kg more achievable comment. Well that is based on data that another promanent forum member posts where his room is 8ft x8 ft with 9 x 600. Normally pulls average 5-6 kg. but his biggest was 7kg just over.

Now that shows me how much a space can yield with correct strains and growing style. Reduce that down to an area the size of mine an 3 kg is potentially achievable. Didn't say I could, but it's a potential and truly has to be near the limit that that space can grow.

If you have any other queries please air them. But please be civil. No ' that is bull comments' please. It messies an otherwise tidy and clean thread.

Many thanks and much respect to all.

H

Heisengberg

there called Bendz here:

Thanks. I found a couple other sites that sell them, but they're all int he UK like the one you linked. No one sells them in the U.S.
When I tried to buy from a site called progrow, the shipping was over 50GBP! That's insane, because a 50 pack of the buggers only
cost 5GBP. I wish I could find a way to get some over here, but until then I guess I'll keep using string or try to make my own.

And to Herbalizor: I just want to make sure you know I'm not calling you a liar. I never said you work for Gavita. I only meant that there has
been a lot of hype going around over these lights, and agreed with ukbigbud that it was hard to believe that kind of yield. It's truly mindblowing.
All the grows I've seen a 600 by itself might yield a 1/2 kilo if done perfectly.

Do you honestly think it was the lights that gave you increased yields or have you been close to those numbers before with other reflectors?

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
I would like to think alot of that hype has been caused by these threads. Showing truly what these lights can do.

And as stated before, yes I have achieved these numbers but with just 2 x 600w blockbusters and 35 mixed sativa seeds. Now alot of them plant were 4 oz each and no veg. No one had issue with the weights then.

I guess there is a lot of trust to be earned from these companies as so many charleton companies selling induction and led with mental claims ruins it for true companies like gavita who make no such claims. Just state the science and from that the informed and educated can make their appropriate purchases as report back with threads.

At the end of the day there is a reason why gavita 400v line of lamps are the number 1 choice for the professional grower. And by pros i mean places like Thanet earth and massive football stadiums alike ( to keep grass green not to illuminate the pitch).

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

oye with the haters......Herb your seriously one of the most talented growers that I can even think of on this board and MANY MANY others. I cant even count the number of times ive been talking with my wife or a friend and ran to the computer to bring up your threads to show off something youve done. Very few people are on your level of understanding about this plant thats a fact. If theres anyone on any board that Id be inclined to believe with these kinda comparisons and reviews its without a doubt you. Ive literally got a folder of links to your threads. Im glad your back up on your feet and feeling better. And thanks for taking your time to put this kinda information out there for all of us. You da MAN!!

Top Bottom